Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #541
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
Ya, Drew Magary is hilarious. My submission for the Bucs preview was featured this year.
The Browns preview might have my favourite quote so far:

Quote:
It’s all part of the same progressively numbing existence. This team is a gulag. Its fans have been stripped of their clothing, and their freedom, and their dignity... issued drab brown correctional uniforms and forced to walk the yard until they die, their lifeless bodies thrown into an unmarked, mass grave.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #542
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

6 years and $100 million for Tyrod Taylor. That's actually still on the low end of the starting QB scale at around $16.5 million a season. If he plays like he did last year that's a nice deal for the Bills.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #543
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
6 years and $100 million for Tyrod Taylor. That's actually still on the low end of the starting QB scale at around $16.5 million a season. If he plays like he did last year that's a nice deal for the Bills.
It certainly is a nice raise for him. Time will tell if this is another Ryan Fitzpatrick great first year, bad second year thing for them but some of his stats were pretty good and I suppose it's a matter of how much he can improve as a passer and how league defenses will adjust with a year of film on him as it seems like a lot of dual threat run/pass QB's (Newton being the exception) get off to great starts until the league gets a lot of film on them. Overall I think the contract is designed so if he busts they can buy him out in the first and second year of the deal so good contract for both parties.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-12-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #544
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if I should start a separate thread for Eagles talk but I thought Wentz played much better than his stat line showed last night. He was much better than Chase Daniel, who is showing just how much of a terrible signing he was. Wentz definitely sailed a couple of passes and threw a bad pick in the redzone but overall I thought he did a good job of climbing the pocket and displayed a pretty good arm and tonnes of athleticism. He also did great reading the defense on a corner blitz. If the Eagles had any WRs who could catch and an offensive line that wasn't Swiss cheese, his numbers probably would have been much better. He definitely needs time to get his footwork together though. He really has a bad habit of not setting his feet before he throws and I think that's what's been causing him to sail some of his throws.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:33 PM   #545
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think we need individual NFL threads. Maybe for the Broncos and Seahawks since there's a bunch of their fans on here. If we need separate NFL threads it should be the NFL thread, and then the NFL criminal thread.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #546
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

RGIII had a 49 yard pass, a fumble and an interception already.

Last edited by troutman; 08-12-2016 at 07:19 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #547
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the NFL is interesting because if the player feels he is underpaid he can demand more money or sit out/withhold. So if Taylor starts to put up some impressive seasons he can demand a raise.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #548
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

We probably need a Why Cam Newton is a Tool thread. Jabroni runs on the field, in 'celebration', after a Panthers interception negating a 90-something yard pick six. Don't know if if ever heard of this before but I'm not surprised it was Newton. The guy has a serious lack of mental discipline.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #549
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I don't know if I should start a separate thread for Eagles talk but I thought Wentz played much better than his stat line showed last night. He was much better than Chase Daniel, who is showing just how much of a terrible signing he was. Wentz definitely sailed a couple of passes and threw a bad pick in the redzone but overall I thought he did a good job of climbing the pocket and displayed a pretty good arm and tonnes of athleticism. He also did great reading the defense on a corner blitz. If the Eagles had any WRs who could catch and an offensive line that wasn't Swiss cheese, his numbers probably would have been much better. He definitely needs time to get his footwork together though. He really has a bad habit of not setting his feet before he throws and I think that's what's been causing him to sail some of his throws.
I liked him as well, had good command of the pocket and moved well within it while keeping his eyes down field. Thought he was strong in reading the defense as well. We need to get a line and a WR or or two before I want him lining up under center full time.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:41 AM   #550
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
RGIII had a 49 yard pass, a fumble and an interception already.
RGIII in nutshell. Never liked his ability to read a defense and he's to careless with the ball. He has a lot of skill but I think he is what he has shown himself to be.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #551
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Wentz has a fractured rib now. That sucks for him because he will miss the rest of the pre-season and won't be available as a back up in the early part of the season. Rough start.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #552
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lol, Rams give up a TD on the opening kick off to christen their return to LA. Rams gonna Rams.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #553
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Pretty impressive debut for Dak Prescott / maybe the Cowboys don't need a vet QB backup. Small sample size etc. but I'd rather they brought along a young guy instead of some useless stopgap who won't do anything anyway.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #554
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saints 1st rounder Sheldon Rankins has apparently suffered a broken fibula.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #555
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Wentz has a fractured rib now. That sucks for him because he will miss the rest of the pre-season and won't be available as a back up in the early part of the season. Rough start.
I hope Pederson sticks with his plan of sitting the kid this year anyways, regardless of what he shows or would have shown this preseason so I don't think the rib will handcuff him too much.

The Eagles line is very worrisome and I do not want a young developing QB playing behind it, to easy to develop bad habits. Wentz has all year to learn.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #556
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Saints 1st rounder Sheldon Rankins has apparently suffered a broken fibula.
Ughhhhhh...injuries already starting to pile up to key players on the Saints. Man they've been snakebit with that the past few years.

The NFL fan in me hates August. Just a month straight of boring preseason football and crossing your fingers every day praying for no serious injuries in TC.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #557
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Ughhhhhh...injuries already starting to pile up to key players on the Saints. Man they've been snakebit with that the past few years.

The NFL fan in me hates August. Just a month straight of boring preseason football and crossing your fingers every day praying for no serious injuries in TC.
A good preseason game is your team coming away with no injuries.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2016, 08:08 AM   #558
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Eagles have acquired WR Dorial Green-Beckham from Tennessee in exchange for OL Dennis Kelly. Nice deal.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #559
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

This is Bradford's year! (Throws up in mouth)

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #560
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I don't think this is necessarily a big win for the Eagles. DGB has been a pain in the ass since college and it sounds like the Titans just got fed up with his crap.