Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #381
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Holy crap, if this is Iginla's last then whichever fan gets his crap from fan appreciation night is gonna be lucky.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #382
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
...Hartley sure got out fast.
goin for the oranges
Old 03-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #383
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnow View Post
He has been and still is The Calgary Flames. 16 years. After that long, if you can calmly watch him go somewhere else, well, that's cold.
I didn't say I won't be sad to see him go. I was even sad when dion was traded and Iggy is a billion times more important to the Flames than dion ever dreamed of being. I will sorely miss Iggy but i care more about this team, and this team needs to move in a new direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
I'm a fan of the Flames first, but I enjoy watching them more when I like the players on the team, and I've never liked any player more than I like Iginla.
I couldn't agree more. Iggy is and most likely always be my favourite player. Before Iggy, my favourite player was Joe Nieuwendyk. Maybe Iggy gets traded for our next big star, who knows? All I know is that for this team to get better, Iggy has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreDrank View Post
It's because Iginla has been the face of the Flames for a decade. If you are in your mid-20s, like myself, that's significant amount of time. Personally, I don't remember a time when Iginla wasn't a part of the Flames. I want the Flames to succeed. I want Iginla to win a cup. Those things don't seem like they are going to happen this season or going forward.

Nevertheless, I'm getting emotional, bro.
I've been a fan of the Flames since the early 80's when I was a kid. I am going to hate to see him go as much as everyone else. The only difference is that I hate how the Flames are now. They are a joke. They are at the bottom of the standings and haven't been respectable for a few years now. I will be sad that he's gone but I feel that by him leaving, the team will get better eventually and that is all we really have to go on.

It sucks but this team is pathetic right now. We aren't one or two pieces away from being a contender and I don't think we will be during Iggy's career (if he stays). Iggy has been the biggest help this organization has had in a long long time, I think the only way he can help us any more is to be traded to another team for a bunch of assets that will make us more successful sooner.