Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2017, 02:56 AM   #61
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_starter View Post
I just hope it doesn't come down to a psychological thing with that stupid curse.
The 'curse' is a fan thing, not a player/team thing.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:36 AM   #62
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You would think that it is in their heads a bit. This is the year that they will break that "curse" though, the Flames are determined to prove everyone wrong this year it seems. A series with Anaheim is not the same as it was 2 years ago, it will be a different series and hardly dominated by either team. I think it would be pretty evenly matched.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:43 AM   #63
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

6 at 2

http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl-boxscores.aspx?page=/data/NHL/results/2016-2017/recap76558.html
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nhl/recap.asp?g=2017032616&home=16&vis=15&final=true

The Flyers are still longshots to make the playoffs, but, they sure laid a whooping on their cross state rivals!______________________________________

3 at 6

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nhl/recap.asp?lg=NHL&g=2017032625&ref=hea&tm=&src=
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl-boxscores.aspx?page=/data/NHL/results/2016-2017/recap76558.html

The Ducks fired 34 shots at Lundqvist who hadn't played in 3 weeks. Getzlaf with 4 assists.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:52 AM   #64
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Well, it looks like it's going to be either Anaheim or Edmonton in round 1, with a slight chance at either SJ or Chicago.

Don't see the Ducks or Oilers falling back from their spots. I think for the Flames to take the division, they'd need to win 5 or 6 out of the 7 remaining games and even then, I'm not sure it'd be enough.
Nope, the Sharks are easily in the mix with the Ducks and Oilers for the Flames to play. The Pacific Division is very fluid right now and the slumping Sharks could be a higher probability to play. Don't forget that should the Flames or whoever wins the division, the Predators or Blues could be the 1st round opponent.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 AM   #65
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Whenever I see a score like 6-2 for the Flyers over a good team like the Pens if their message boards get like ours? Like do all teams' fans start acting like one bad loss means something significant and that every players' performance in that loss is actually part of a bigger problem, etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
There is probably an idiot or three out there, but for the most part I doubt it. Helps that they won the Cup last year though I'm sure. Same with the beat down Chicago took the other day to the Panthers. I doubt their fans did any panicking.
The Bhawks wouldn't panic, but, the Penguins and others I think would. The Pens have a chance for 1st place in the east and an easier opponent in the 1st round. Losing badly at home to a big time arch rival gets fans panicking easily, just like the Flames losing to the Oilers 4 times this season.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:25 AM   #66
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
what a boring game between the canucks and jets
Yep, and the 2-1 score kind of shows that. Same goes for the Stars-Devils game.