Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #721
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Alright, I've thought it through and GGGs logic is perfectly sound, there no denying that. Girly exists in three states right now (same as everyone, really). She is either host, turned, or town.

If you think she is host, then vote to lynch her
If you think she is turned, then vote to lynch other and GA kills her
If you think she is town, then vote to lynch other and GA investigation is clean

So GGG is right that turned / unturned doesn't really matter. All that matters is if you think she is host or not.

I re-read the spore reveal section and here are the posts from Girly and HG immediately afterwards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Oling: You could look at it the other way, if I had switched to Activestick and he turned up town (or in this case the smuggler) then it would be pretty obvious I voted to save myself, and probably got a buddy in on the vote earlier.

That's too obvious. I wasn't worried because I have no reason to save myself.

hockeyguy15, why don't you have the agent investigate Oling? He had the spore first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Why did it take so long for you to say I didn't turn. After Oling said he gave you the spore you made a whole post without mentioning you didn't turn.

Doesn't seem very likely. First words out of my mouth would be that I didn't turn.
Quote:
Wasn't 100% sure of Oling's confession right away. Because I still am not a fan of revealing the direction of the spore.

However, His 2nd post which I quote above convinced me and if that's the direction we're going. I have to give out the information now.
When I read through that, I tend to believe Girly. I would assume the hosts already had a discussion about what to do if the spore came to one of them. Her initial responses just doesn't read that way to me. It seems like she was caught off guard and didn't know how to respond immediately. Then, after getting some harsh criticism from HG and further posts from Oling, she realizes its best to say she was not turned and is willing to move the spore as directed. To me, that reads as she did not anticipate receiving the spore, which is something I think the hosts would have discussed prior and been ready for.

Therefore, following GGGs logic, I should not vote for Girly as I don't believe she is scum. The best option is to vote for someone else. As I've indicated before, I don't like Timbo's vote on Active and he's the only confirmed townie at this point. He also really criticized me for my post last night about trying to think everything through; rather than trying to help my thought process.

Vote: Timbo
GGG
Old 05-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #722
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
^ If anyone's wondering what that about, I momentarily forgot about lynching late, which I still believe is good strategy.

Yep, despite my intentions, it's noise.
Seb, how are you defining lynching late? You were originally voting girlysports, do you still believe that is a good idea?
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #723
Guest1

I think Girly has turned or scum. The spore reveal was too weird.
I would rather we vote for someone else to try and hit a host and have Girly investigated. If she comes back clean and alive, we lynch her because she's obviously a host. Now I just have to figure out who I think is a host.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:18 AM   #724
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I think Girly has turned or scum. The spore reveal was too weird.
I would rather we vote for someone else to try and hit a host and have Girly investigated. If she comes back clean and alive, we lynch her because she's obviously a host. Now I just have to figure out who I think is a host.
If you think she's either turned or host, we should lynch her today and stop the spore for tonight. Neither the government agent killing her tonight or lynching her tomorrow accomplishes this, which is why tonight is a better option than tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 05-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #725
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Repeating what has been said numerous times:

Either one of you could be host or turned, so in many ways, it's a coin flip who to lynch and who to investigate. BUT since you are the current spore holder, lynching you prevents the spore from being passed on and gives us a full day to concentrate on the hosts. Not a bad plan IMO.

Plus I don't buy the "you can tell me where to send the spore" play. As othera gave said - if you are scum, you will not do what the town asks of you. You'd send it somewhere else and we'd lose track / have a lot of confusion as to who really got it.

Sorry, but lynching you is the safe play in my opinion.
If I send the spore elsewhere I would be exposed pretty quickly. Just like Oling would be exposed if I don't get the spore tonight. But you're going to lynch me so you'll never know.

As I said earlier, if we have won two coin flips, you're not taking advantage of it.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #726
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I send the spore elsewhere I would be exposed pretty quickly. Just like Oling would be exposed if I don't get the spore tonight. But you're going to lynch me so you'll never know.

As I said earlier, if we have won two coin flips, you're not taking advantage of it.
Why would you say "if"...You would know if you were turned or not, so it should be "we have won two..."
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #727
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Why would you say "if"...You would know if you were turned or not, so it should be "we have won two..."
I don't know what Oling is.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #728
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well Oling has spoken and the town wants information. Here it is.

Oling had the spore and was not turned. He's given it to me and I have not been turned. I won't know this for a fact until the end of Day 2 which is when I assume Oling found out (end of Day 1)

So we have two confirmed townies. Armed with that information, you guys should be digging the others. 3/14 are scum.
Quote:
You said that if you turned you wouldn't say that you had the spore and if you were lying (which you are not) it would be host-like.

So I (and most people here I believe) think you're not lying and you're town.
Quote:
I don't know what Oling is.
You used to think he was confirmed town.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #729
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're two votes away from hammer, it might make sense for you to start working on anything you'd like to say as a final/deathbed post, girlysports.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #730
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
You used to think he was confirmed town.
I still think so but I cant use it in a factual sentence.

So it remains "If we have won two coins flips".

I believe we have so that's why I'm saying to take advantage of it.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #731
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
We're two votes away from hammer, it might make sense for you to start working on anything you'd like to say as a final/deathbed post, girlysports.
I can't really say anymore. I am town, I have not received any spore. If we are to believe Oling than I am getting the spore tonight and we have won two coin flips. So take advantage of that, look elsewhere to lynch and tell me where to send the spore next.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #732
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you haven't voted, or haven't really contributed feel free to do so.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:06 PM   #733
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

We're putting a lot on the line over the assumption that oling is telling the truth. I don't like it. I don't think I'll vote for timbo either since he seems to be the only one apart from me that doesn't trust oling. I'm gonna hold off voting for now.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #734
Guest1

Out of the 6 that have voted for Girly, 5 of them voted for Acitive. Oling, ECF, Timbo, bizaro and HG. (diss voted for HG last time)

Going with my gut. I think HG has been posting like Oling did last game. He's very persuasive and trying to lead the voting by twisting what people say to how he wants it to benefit him. I don't like being told what to do.

Vote:Hockeyguy15
Old 05-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #735
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
We're putting a lot on the line over the assumption that oling is telling the truth. I don't like it. I don't think I'll vote for timbo either since he seems to be the only one apart from me that doesn't trust oling. I'm gonna hold off voting for now.
I am also wary about trusting him completely this early, but I haven't really figured out what he would gain from lying.
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #736
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Out of the 6 that have voted for Girly, 5 of them voted for Acitive. Oling, ECF, Timbo, bizaro and HG. (diss voted for HG last time)

Going with my gut. I think HG has been posting like Oling did last game. He's very persuasive and trying to lead the voting by twisting what people say to how he wants it to benefit him. I don't like being told what to do.

Please give me an example of when I have twisted peoples words around?
Old 05-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #737
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
Checking whether oling is lying is one of the benefits of a girlysports lynch, imo. If we lynch her and she doesn't have the spore, it will still go somewhere else tomorrow. So we'd have a 50/50 chance of having someone not flip, and thus tell us that they got the spore. In that case, we would know oling was lying and almost certainly scum.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #738
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Also both votes so far you have voted for someone that wasn't even in play. Is this so people can't go back and connect your votes to lynched passengers?
Old 05-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #739
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Checking whether oling is lying is one of the benefits of a girlysports lynch, imo. If we lynch her and she doesn't have the spore, it will still go somewhere else tomorrow. So we'd have a 50/50 chance of having someone not flip, and thus tell us that they got the spore. In that case, we would know oling was lying and almost certainly scum.
A) if they don't flip they won't know they have the spore until Night 3
B) What if they're lying?

This is a fascinating game (damn you Mazrim) because the spore could be anywhere.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #740
Guest1

Quote:
Also both votes so far you have voted for someone that wasn't even in play. Is this so people can't go back and connect your votes to lynched passengers?
Thanks for saving me time so I don't have to go back through the thread. This is what I'm talking about. You take what people have said and done and made it into something it's not.
I vote for who I vote for based on what I think is right. Last game I had alot of support from Starseed (which was helpful, because I was absolutely lost) This time I'm going to go with my gut. Which last time I should have listened to and got rid of Oling when he was being a bully and doing exactly what you do. Always on the offense even when you're trying to be defensive. That's all I have to say to you...done.
I will play the game my way and not just jump on any old bandwagon that comes around.

Tags
2spooky4me , edmonton is no good , mafia , toronto is no good