Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #21
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
This is ridiculous. You people are f'ing around in a thread that's dead serious. I'd be losing my mind if my kid was missing. Just stop already.
What was so outrageous thinking the grandparents might be suspects? You were the one that derailed the thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #22
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

CPS are still at the house.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #23
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Sad and confusing situation. Hope it all turns out for the best and quickly.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #24
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
This is ridiculous. You people are f'ing around in a thread that's dead serious. I'd be losing my mind if my kid was missing. Just stop already.
So we can't even speculate if the grandparents are suspects?

So much for messageboard discussion
Old 07-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #25
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Sorry, misunderstanding. I was getting pissed off about joking about being drunk. It's totally fair to suspect the grandparents. My first post was just to add more info.

Apologies for being a dick. This kind of topic brings out the spaz in me.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #26
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry, misunderstanding. I was getting pissed off about joking about being drunk. It's totally fair to suspect the grandparents. My first post was just to add more info.

Apologies for being a dick. This kind of topic brings out the spaz in me.
Add more info? you basically told Albert to edit his post and shut up
Old 07-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #27
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Add more info? you basically told Albert to edit his post and shut up
Christ sakes. Go back and read the thread slowly. There is a reason I said that.

I'm not going to argue with you. I apologized. STFU and leave it alone.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #28
SeeGeeWhy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When I saw the Amber alert on twitter, I went to go see details and it said that it had been retracted. Is the situation still happening?
Old 07-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #29
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

It was still going across the bottom of the screen on CBC a few minutes ago.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #30
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeGeeWhy View Post
When I saw the Amber alert on twitter, I went to go see details and it said that it had been retracted. Is the situation still happening?
There was an amber alert on the weekend for an infant and they found that baby. Maybe that one was retracted? But I was just reading about this boy and his grandparents and it sounds like the search is ongoing. They apparently had a huge garage sale all day Saturday and Sunday, so a bunch of people had been to their house. I hope nobody targeted them after the garage sale, but it doesn't sound good. None of their vehicles are missing, so it's not like they drove off with the boy.

I would be losing my mind if I was that mom. I hope they find them all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peanut For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #31
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

CPS presser underway. They don't have much to go on, but are "confident" the three will be found alive but admit it's a big mystery and every lead will be followed. No ransom requests, etc. Confirm grandparents are not suspects. Hoping for help from public. Amber alert will stay active until they are found.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #32
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

In Canmore now for the Canada day parade. Spoke to a couple local fire fighters. Many eye witness reports indicate just the three of them were spotted in Canmore last night.

Looks like a kidnapping from what I was told.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #33
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^^ like someone kidnapped all 3 of them? Every single news article I've read states that the grandparents are not suspects and evidence inside the home suggests foul play. I'm not sure why you keep trying to frame it as a "grandparent's abducted the child" scenario.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #34
Ne7en
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This is very disturbing. I'd say it's fair to treat everyone as a suspect until the little boy is found. And yes the state of the home could have been 'staged' by the grandparents, but you'd assume the authorities have thought this through and they have determined the grandparents to not be suspects. Hope they find everyone safe. Does someone have a picture of the young boy? I think this would help more than the volatile posts.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #35
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Evidence indicates they left in duress. Not that there was foul play. Big difference.

I've posted twice in his thread. The first post was my speculation. Which you also posted your speculation (someone kidnapped the three of them).

The second post was just what I heard from respected individuals (Canmore firemen) and what I concluded from what I was told.

You do know its not uncommon for cops to use the media this way so they don't tip off the suspect(s) right?
The Following User Says Thank You to albertGQ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #36
Ne7en
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Old 07-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #37
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Evidence indicates they left in duress. Not that there was foul play. Big difference.

I've posted twice in his thread. The first post was my speculation. Which you also posted your speculation (someone kidnapped the three of them).

The second post was just what I heard from respected individuals (Canmore firemen) and what I concluded from what I was told.

You do know its not uncommon for cops to use the media this way so they don't tip off the suspect(s) right?
No I wasn't speculating, I was asking you - did the firemen tell you they were treating it as a kidnapping of all 3 of them? Or a kidnapping of just the little boy?

This article specifically says the words foul play: http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/n...tml?rel=841484

And the leading Sun article right now states that they found evidence something or someone had been dragged from the home via the side door and "left a dark trail of liquid".

I sure hope the media is being manipulated as you seem to suggest. Because what's being reported really does not sound positive for the little boy. Or his grandparents.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #38
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

The three of them were spotted by multiple eye witnesses in Canmore last night. Just the three of them. No one else.

I specifically asked "so it's the grandparents that kidnapped the boy?" And the answer I was given was "yes, that's how we're treating it".
Old 07-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #39
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
The three of them were spotted by multiple eye witnesses in Canmore last night. Just the three of them. No one else.

I specifically asked "so it's the grandparents that kidnapped the boy?" And the answer I was given was "yes, that's how we're treating it".
Hopefully Authorities in BC are on the look out for the 3 of them. If they're going out of province, that might make the search more problematic
Old 07-02-2014, 01:42 AM   #40
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something doesnt add up.

As the father of a 6, 5, and xv 3 year old this story is really concerning.

Hope the innocent(s) are ok.
Closed Thread

Tags
calgary weeps