Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default New Furnace and humidifier

Hey guys. I am just trying to budget a new furnace(heater) and humidifier but the company I called wouldn't even give me an estimated price. I live in a duplex with basement, main floor and 2nd floor. My furnace is very old and probably ready to go soon. I figured this summer is the best time to have them replace but I need to figure out how much it would cost me and figured out how much of my investment to cashed in.

Does anyone here just replaced their furnace and humidifier? Do you remember how much it cost? Is $4,000 enough or too much?

Thanks.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

pm sent
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
jeffh
Backup Goalie

Exp:

$4000 should very likely be enough for a duplex, single furnace home. PM me if you can't find anyone below that price. I am too busy to offer to do it, but will certainly pass your name on to a qualified colleague.
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bumping this thread.

Want to look into replacing my furnace and hot water tank sometime this summer. Would hate to be that guy making a call to a 24 hr company at 2am on a February morning when its -30 outside...

Anyone had this service completed lately and can provide a recommendation?
Thx
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #5
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
Bumping this thread.

Want to look into replacing my furnace and hot water tank sometime this summer. Would hate to be that guy making a call to a 24 hr company at 2am on a February morning when its -30 outside...

Anyone had this service completed lately and can provide a recommendation?
Thx
http://www.challengerheating.com/en/

He came by my house to for a service call. Was great to deal with.

Mccree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:56 AM   #6
townie_80
Draft Pick

We had a couple furnaces and hot water tanks replaced last fall. Added humidifiers and smart thermostats and now air conditioning this summer. Originals were 50 years old and most installers complained when they looked at the difficulty. We went with Williams HVAC and I would recommend them 100%. Total for all our work was about $17,000.
townie_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think most of the actual furnaces or at least the key components are made by only a couple of different manufacturers. What's important is to get the right type and size of unit, installed by someone who knows what they're doing and will stand by their work. I'd recommend getting 3 quotes. I'd stay away from Sears - we had them give a quote to see how it compared to the smaller specialized firms and while they came in with the lowest cost I had pretty low confidence in what they were trying to sell us after talking to the guy.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote