Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #4661
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

people mocking the oilers
Old 03-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #4662
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
you are just upset
He went through some horrible things in his life and, if his version of events are to be believed, was utterly let down by the Oilers organization. I understand his lingering hard feelings - no question. It just borders on childish in my opinion at times the way it gets a bit gratuitous and uncalled for. I bear him no ill will, but don't pay much attention to what he says about Edmonton or the Oilers at this point.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #4663
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
What's interesting about that? To be honest it's been more fun for me to just watch the dynamic on the outside looking in.

And I realized every comment I make here is going to be dismissed anyways by the cognitive bias that obviously is going to exist on an opposing teams message board. As demonstrated just now. So for the whole season I didn't really feel the need to comment and waste mine and everyone's time attacking me as an Oilers fan.

To respond to why I waited until now to post on the thread... I don't know the excitement after 10 years of misery got the best of me.

Really hoping for a Battle of Alberta I was in Grade 1 the last one when Esa Tikanen won it in OT so its long overdue.
Ok again going back on the whole cognitive bias thing on a Flames board in a thread called Edmonton is no good. Well that's just hilarious. I get that you're pumped about the Oilers making the playoffs, I mean its a unusual occurrence and one that you might not see again for another decade. Kind of like seeing a dolphin riding a whale or actual proof of aliens

I wonder though isn't there a better place that you can go that maybe isn't in a thread called Oiler's are no good where a post after 11 years wouldn't come across as either #bragging or #trolling? Like I know that Edmontonoilers.com and Oilfans are pretty poor boards, but there's the whole HFOIL troglodyte convention that I'm sure would love you going there to brag about your invasion of this thread, and how you showed up them there flames fans.

Then you could all compare sweat pants and dress shoes style points and prepare your wardrobes for your two playoff games and maybe make out with your comely cousins or something

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #4664
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What's interesting about that? To be honest it's been more fun for me to just watch the dynamic on the outside looking in...So for the whole season I didn't really feel the need to comment and waste mine and everyone's time attacking me as an Oilers fan.

To respond to why I waited until now to post on the thread... I don't know the excitement after 10 years of misery got the best of me.
congrats mate.... Enjoy the run.

I don't think it's going to be very long (not an attack, just my opinion) but it should be interesting.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #4665
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
people mocking the oilers
Nah - I know what board I'm on. Some is funny, some is warranted, some is ridiculous, some is childish. But I know I'll get all of it when I come here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #4666
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's all funny
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #4667
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
Yeah I know what you were looking for. Just thought it was interesting as I'd gone through my own personal exercise yesterday.

And apologies that my 'major' doesn't meet your threshold. I'll be better next time.
haha I didnt mean for it to sound like that. I'll be more clear next time
Old 03-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #4668
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last edited by -TC-; 03-29-2017 at 11:10 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -TC- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #4669
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post

The Following User Says Thank You to Dan403 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #4670
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Ok again going back on the whole cognitive bias thing on a Flames board in a thread called Edmonton is no good. Well that's just hilarious. I get that you're pumped about the Oilers making the playoffs, I mean its a unusual occurrence and one that you might not see again for another decade. Kind of like seeing a dolphin riding a whale or actual proof of aliens

I wonder though isn't there a better place that you can go that maybe isn't in a thread called Oiler's are no good where a post after 11 years wouldn't come across as either #bragging or #trolling? Like I know that Edmontonoilers.com and Oilfans are pretty poor boards, but there's the whole HFOIL troglodyte convention that I'm sure would love you going there to brag about your invasion of this thread, and how you showed up them there flames fans.

Then you could all compare sweat pants and dress shoes style points and prepare your wardrobes for your two playoff games and maybe make out with your comely cousins or something

All three message boards you mentioned are very poor and the bias on them are as bad or worse from an Oilers prospective as they are here in regards to the Flames.

Again I read this thread for the entertainment. I enjoy watching people spin their rationalization hamsters about why their rival team is so horrible and their team is so much better even though this entire season said team has had a better record than the flames and won the season series handily.

Commenting on your poor points about why Edmonton is unsustainable with facts probably wasn't in the best taste and I admit is probably borderline/outright trolling but I have no regrets.

Again I really hope for a Flames Oilers battle of Alberta in the playoffs and will also enjoy reading the comments here trying to justify about how Edmonton is still no good even if the Oiler's win the series.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elmer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #4671
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
... clip ...

Thanks.
This is the the reason I like this thread so much - entertainment .
And, of course, because E = NG

Last edited by Steve Bozek; 03-29-2017 at 11:26 AM. Reason: additional text
Old 03-29-2017, 11:29 AM   #4672
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

True Story:

I moved up to Edmonton from Calgary for Work in October. Within a couple weeks I noticed my wife started developing Bruises on her legs. Crazy...
The Following User Says Thank You to Elmer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #4673
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Oilers aren't only IN playoffs. They're CONTENDERS. Get ready NHL.

The Oilers will surprise a lot of teams who wont take them seriously. McDavid + Draisaitl is the best combo in the NHL
I just couldn't resist posting this. Contenders now, best combo in the NHL, oh we are ready for the early exit from the 1st round.

Oiler fans are no good.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #4674
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
True Story:

I moved up to Edmonton from Calgary for Work in October. Within a couple weeks I noticed my wife started developing Bruises on her legs. Crazy...
Truer Story:

Nobody cares.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #4675
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

So apparently the Oilers are going to wear their hideous orange jerseys throughout the playoffs "and beyond".

I never thought I'd say this, but our current home Reebok jerseys are no longer the ugliest primaries in the NHL.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #4676
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Patrick O'Sullivan@realPOSULLIVAN
Congrats to the Oilers for getting back to the playoffs. Would have happened sooner if they caught a bounce at the lottery. #alwaysanoiler
A tweet about the Oilers and playoff hockey? Never thought I'd see the day.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
Old 03-29-2017, 12:01 PM   #4677
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
So apparently the Oilers are going to wear their hideous orange jerseys throughout the playoffs "and beyond".

I never thought I'd say this, but our current home Reebok jerseys are no longer the ugliest primaries in the NHL.
That's big news. I see it was the top headline on TSN this morning. I can't figure out why it didn't say McDavid in the title though.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #4678
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fans around the NHL should be thrilled...

First time in 10 years we won't be seeing the Oilers in the NHL Welfare Lineup...(and cutting in line to boot)

Horay!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #4679
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Most Oiler fans I meet in person are humble and willing to laugh about their decade of futility. To those I say you deserve to finally watch some playoff hockey! Enjoy!

Most Oiler fans I've talked to online quickly forgot how the team got to this point and didn't even wait a full season before the arrogance filled their head, talking down to fans of other teams and acting like their team was skillfully built and not entirely founded on dumb luck and bottom of the league finishes. To those fans I say I hope your team crashes and burns.

Cheerio.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #4680
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Apparently the Oilers are going to the orange jerseys as the home jerseys full time starting in the playoffs:

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...r-nhl-playoffs
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread