Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #21
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedOut View Post
Can you still beat an army of enemies by grabbing and throwing them to the ground and assassinating them, rinse and repeat. That's all I did in the first one and never died by getting killed by the enemy.
Not sure, but I'll say probably. *Spoilers* If you've seen some of the videos, you don't start out a master Assassin like Altair was (AC1), you become him over the first 4 hours of gameplay or so. I have played for about 3-4 hours and I have yet to have 2 of the secret blades (the retractable ones), hopefully soon though. In my fights I usually just counter kill everyone, but I am sure you can do your method of killing off guards.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #22
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Not sure, but I'll say probably. *Spoilers* If you've seen some of the videos, you don't start out a master Assassin like Altair was (AC1), you become him over the first 4 hours of gameplay or so. I have played for about 3-4 hours and I have yet to have 2 of the secret blades (the retractable ones), hopefully soon though. In my fights I usually just counter kill everyone, but I am sure you can do your method of killing off guards.
Yeah, but you weren't super assassin really when the bulk of AC started as they took away your awesome skills.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #23
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah. The exploit I'm talking about you could do right away. I never used anything but the blade you started off with in AC right through till the end of the game. I never even bothered using any other weapons except maybe the end boss but I can't remember. It was so easy. I could've not used the exploit but I was rushing to finish the game before my rental time ran out. It was just stupid cause the other enemies just stand around while you do this. Add the repetitive missions and I thought this game sucked. The graphics made the game what it was.
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #24
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I've gone from loving this game to hating it with the fire of a thousand suns. I was about 50% of the way through the game, complete an assassination, and when I escape and the guards quit looking for me? White screen. Just locks up. Ok, no problem, turn off the 360 and I'll load it up again. The game save? "Damaged saved game". Yeah, I get to start over from the beginning. Lame.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #25
AnnoyedBear
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I've gone from loving this game to hating it with the fire of a thousand suns. I was about 50% of the way through the game, complete an assassination, and when I escape and the guards quit looking for me? White screen. Just locks up. Ok, no problem, turn off the 360 and I'll load it up again. The game save? "Damaged saved game". Yeah, I get to start over from the beginning. Lame.
Ouch.
That is total crap.
And I'm sure you were quite a number of hours into it too.
AnnoyedBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 AM   #26
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

For anyone thinking of getting this game, I recommend it over everything else I have bought this year (other than MW2). It is fantastic. I still haven't beaten it yet, but it is miles better than the first (which was already amazing, albeit repetitive). The repetitiveness of the first game is totally gone and there is a lot more to do.

Oh, and for those unaware you can now do Double Assassinations. They are epically cool.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 AM   #27
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

ya i liked the first one, but the second is better in so many ways. virtually everything that was an issue with the first Assassin's Creed is fixed in the sequel, and you can get some pretty spectacular looking assassinations with the double hidden blades (not to mention taking a brute's huge axe from him then cleaving it into his neck is so satisfying)

the story is still awesome as well, that was the main thing that kept me playing the first one despite the repetitiveness and it's even better now that it's more fleshed out. love the history lessons with a twist angle
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #28
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really like the "Truth" puzzles so far. I'm not vary far in the game, but it seems like it adds another layer to the story.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #29
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Some of the Truth puzzles are so hard. I hate the twisting circle ones. I finally get the 3rd one, then there is a 4th one, and it took me like 20 minutes. I really don't want to do the last one, I'll never figure it out. haha
Old 11-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #30
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Some of the Truth puzzles are so hard. I hate the twisting circle ones. I finally get the 3rd one, then there is a 4th one, and it took me like 20 minutes. I really don't want to do the last one, I'll never figure it out. haha
i've had to give up on a few of the number wheel ones, deciphering them is so time consuming and i just want to see the story dammit. luckily there are quite a few people who had problems on the same ones as i did on the Gamespot forums and provided clues on how to solve them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #31
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm kinda happy the Truth puzzles get harder. I've only done 3 of them so far, but I found it pretty easy (find 5 photos that are have the same theme, find the circle thing in historic pictures, and twisting rings to make a puzzle.). How into the game do you get the second hidden blade?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #32
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
I'm kinda happy the Truth puzzles get harder. I've only done 3 of them so far, but I found it pretty easy (find 5 photos that are have the same theme, find the circle thing in historic pictures, and twisting rings to make a puzzle.). How into the game do you get the second hidden blade?
You get the 2nd hidden blade a lot faster than I thought you would. Not sure how far into the story you are, but you are probably close. You'll bring a codex page to Da Vinci then he gives you the 2nd blade.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #33
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You get the 2nd hidden blade a lot faster than I thought you would. Not sure how far into the story you are, but you are probably close. You'll bring a codex page to Da Vinci then he gives you the 2nd blade.
Cool, got to that point earlier today, the first "double facepalm of death" was very satisfying.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #34
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
Cool, got to that point earlier today, the first "double facepalm of death" was very satisfying.
I know, I love the clothesline style one where you stab both as you walk by them. So epic.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #35
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn you people for making me want to buy this game and not wait for xmas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #36
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Off to play it now.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #37
AnnoyedBear
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Damn you people for making me want to buy this game and not wait for xmas.
I know right.
At the rate I'm going I'm not gonna have any money left over to buy gifts.
AnnoyedBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #38
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Before I watch that vid, it it just a cool takedown or am I going spoil anything?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #39
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Before I watch that vid, it it just a cool takedown or am I going spoil anything?
Nah, its just him stabbin' guys in the face with the double blades.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #40
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

All kinds of bad ass.