Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #21
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
No. Don't sit him. On top of it he probably doesn't want to sit. He makes big money. Play him, and make him play big minutes.

If he is injured, than it does not matter, how he makes. I say sit him out a game.
Par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #22
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah totally depends on the injury which none of us will know and I bet the flames docs and Dougie considered.

Stitches and skin wound? Probably no harm in playing other than pain. Significant damage to his muscle or tendon and maybe you could make things worse.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #23
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dougie said he has no tendon damage.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #24
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

He'll be fine. It's just stitches. He'll get used to it.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:33 AM   #25
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Well I thought it would be best to have him rest against the Jets and to get Andersson in, but then he went out and assisted all three of the team's goals. If it were possible to get Andersson in as the 6th D without having to move Wideman into a top 4 role against Crosby and Malkin, then I would be more supportive of sitting Hamilton out. However, since that is not the case, if he can go then he should play. No way the doctor's would be clearing him to play if he could aggravate the injury.

Monday vs Pittsburgh is a statement game. It would be thrilling if the Flames could keep the streak going against the defending Stanley Cup champions and a team that (depending on the Capitals result Sunday in Anaheim) could take over first place in the league with a win at the dome. They should take on this challenge with their best line up.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:40 AM   #26
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

I maintain my position. Rassmus is too green, and putting him in just to have a look puts him in a position to fail.

If he must play, due to injury, shelter him for 10-11 min and give him Engelland for protection.

Do not throw him in against the penguins just for a look, and take a chance that their 3-4 lines dominate him and destroy his confidence.

It seems like a lot of people want to just see this kid on the ice for a look, and right now is not the time.

If Wideman fails it doesn't cost this organization going forward. If the prospect does, it's different.
dying4acup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dying4acup For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 03:02 AM   #27
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hamilton's not going to sit out until he is ordered by doctors to do so. It's the time of year when players gear up and gnash their teeth and battle. It's game on from here on out.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:38 AM   #28
megatron
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would monitor him day by day and hopefully it will heal a bit more in the next 2 days.

That's still not a lot of time to heal up, but he has such an impact on the game even at 50-75%. He has 3 assists vs the Jets and looked ok.

My 2 cents.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:13 AM   #29
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the wound didn't re-open he plays.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #30
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Playing with some pain tonight. I want him 100 percent in the stretch.

Now, with the new team record in the bag, the pressure's off.

Throw the kid in against the Pens.
Depends what the injury is, if it's a strain or pull then maybe. But if it is indeed a cut, sitting him won't do any good.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #31
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's just a skin laceration is it not? It's not like a muscle injury where continuing to play could delay healing or make it worse. More of a pain thing than anything else and I imagine it's going to get better on a daily basis.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #32
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Going forward there are no breaks in the schedule. It's every second day to the end. So it might be worth giving him a night off now to let it heal up.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #33
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I'm sure if there was a chance of it getting worse he wouldn't be playing.
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #34
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just painful? Let him play. Chance of extending rehab or making it worse? Sit him. I suspect it's the former or he wouldn't have played at all.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #35
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

One thing that comes to mind

Look at the history of players allowed to play injured in Edmonton because the doctors decided it was okay or players said "no coach, I'm good to go"!

Ladislav Smid comes to mind.....protocols have changed and Hamilton has to be prepared to sit until healthy. He's going to be here for years and we need him healthy.

I hate to say it but Wideman needs to play and Anderson as well until we get back a healthy Hamilton and Stone.

Gio, Brodie, Engs, Bart, Wideman need to step it up and already have .

Better safe than sorry. Don't want to end up looking like the Greasers medical staff.....nor do I wish to see Hamilton at any less than 100% playing hockey or away from hockey .
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #36
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
One thing that comes to mind

Look at the history of players allowed to play injured in Edmonton because the doctors decided it was okay or players said "no coach, I'm good to go"!

Ladislav Smid comes to mind.....protocols have changed and Hamilton has to be prepared to sit until healthy. He's going to be here for years and we need him healthy.

I hate to say it but Wideman needs to play and Anderson as well until we get back a healthy Hamilton and Stone.

Gio, Brodie, Engs, Bart, Wideman need to step it up and already have .

Better safe than sorry. Don't want to end up looking like the Greasers medical staff.....nor do I wish to see Hamilton at any less than 100% playing hockey or away from hockey .
I recall Gulutzan stating that both Stone and Hamilton already sought medical opinions from outside the organization regarding their respective injures.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #37
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If he is hurt, let him play, if he is injured, keep him out.
Unless there are signs of infection or the bleeding can't be controlled it is game-on.
Red_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #38
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

'cept the injury will get chopped at enthusiastically in the 1st round. I'd rather see it healed properly once we are closer to a lock on a spot (the percent chance is in the 90's for playoffs at this point, isn't it?).
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #39
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracher View Post
'cept the injury will get chopped at enthusiastically in the 1st round. I'd rather see it healed properly once we are closer to a lock on a spot (the percent chance is in the 90's for playoffs at this point, isn't it?).
That some injuries are painful, but playing doesn't affect the healing process, is the point.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #40
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the post games interviews last night Hamilton confirmed it was just a cut and there was no tendon damage. So it's just a matter of managing the pain as it heals.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote