Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #81
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

LA is far enough in the rear view mirror that I'm not all that worried at this point. Even if the Kings win this game, their other game in hand, AND all three of the games left against the Flames they'd still be looking up in the standings.

Also, the Oilers have just as many games left against the Kings as we do. I think it would be awesome and hilarious for LA to sneak in at the 11th hour at Edmonton's expense.

Last edited by mrdonkey; 03-11-2017 at 11:04 PM.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #82
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
The Kings are still gonna be a scary team for anybody in the playoffs. Do not want the Kings to make it under ANY circumstance.
Sorry but there's no scenario in my mind where we'll look back and say the Flames would have won the Cup, if only the Kings had not made the playoffs.

I feel the same about the Oilers really but having them miss the playoffs after their great start would just be too much fun to pass up.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #83
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I seriously don't get why people are so stressed by the OOT.
Flames fans have become used to having our hearts broken since 89. Of course some of us are a little stressed by the OOT and would like Calgary to clinch a playoff spot as soon as possible especially with 3 games remaining against LA.

That said I think Calgary is far enough ahead of the Kings now and the final wild card is pretty much down to LA vs Nashville/St Louis.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #84
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's a good thing we are winning because we aren't getting any help lately.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:46 AM   #85
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta say that I think the Flames have to be considered Stanley Cup favorites at this time. Pains me to say, but congrats on your eventual cup win in 2017
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:25 AM   #86
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Gotta say that I think the Flames have to be considered Stanley Cup favorites at this time. Pains me to say, but congrats on your eventual cup win in 2017
Awww. That's some nice jelly sarcasm you have
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #87
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Awww. That's some nice jelly sarcasm you have
I'm not taking the bait.

I took the victory from my 3 $100 bets that the Flames would make playoffs and the Canucks didn't.

Nobody had to pay if both made it. Nobody had to pay if both missed. Safe bet pre season.
dying4acup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #88
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
It's a good thing we are winning because we aren't getting any help lately.
Huh, what do you mean not getting help lately. The Flames are 9-0-1 in their past 10 games, that's 19 points out of a possible 20. The other teams in the playoff mix around the Flames have only 10 to 13 points in the same stretch.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #89
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Senators have taken over 1st place in their division as they beat the Avs 4-2. Craig Anderson only faced 16 shots against his former team. The loss officially eliminates the Avs from the playoff race.

The Leafs get a big OT win, 3-2 against the Hurricanes. Reiley's GWG puts the Leafs 1 point up on the Islanders for the last playoff spot.

The Blues defeat teh Islanders 4-3 in reg time. Tarasenko with 2 goals. The Isles were down 4-1 heading into the final period and made it interesting.

The Lightning beat the Panthers 3-2 in reg time. This one has to hurt the Panthers as they had 2-0 lead and Palat's GWG was a SHG. Tampa is 3 points back of the Leafs.

The Capitals are showing some suckage right now as they've lost 3 in a row. They lose to the Kings 4-2. The Caps may be caught by a few teams for 1st place in the league, conf, and div.

The Predators with a gutsy effort beat the Sharks 3-1. It is the Preds 1st win in 5 games.

The Devils haven't won in 10 games as they lose 5-4 to the Coyotes. It was a wild game as the Coyotes jumped out to a 2-0 three minutes into the game and had a 4-0 lead before Schneider was pulled and the Devils woke up.

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 03-12-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsawwassen For This Useful Post: