Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2017, 09:44 PM   #41
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Flames offence needs to better no doubt - I guess I'll give them a pass on the Yotes game because they were coming off the 5 day break and it seems everybody has been terrible in their first game back. Flames didn't play a bad game last night, Miller was very good between the pipes though and at least they did claim one point.

Huge game Tuesday night.
Yeah. For sure.

The last two games in Vancouver were complete rubbish though I have to say. 1 out of 4 points that probably should've been 4.

One thing I know for certain is the top players are going to have to bring their A games on tuesday. 3M cannot continue to carry the team's offense one game longer. It's not a recipe for success as you can't be leaning on guys that aren't your "elite producers" for stretches of time.

Gaudreau, Monahan and Brodie need to prepare themselves every way they can right now and find a way to make a difference next game and carry it forward from there. No more time to dick around and just show 'flashes'.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #42
Jetfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_starter View Post
I thought Toffoli was already back?

And Quick is due back in a few weeks.
I'm glad he's recovering of course, one of the best goalies there are, but hopefully he's still a few more weeks away yet.
Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #43
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
I'm glad he's recovering of course, one of the best goalies there are, but hopefully he's still a few more weeks away yet.
LA is getting outstanding goal tending...Rusty Quick is nothing to be concerned about
Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #44
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Flames are getting a lot of help lately, hopefully they can go on a little streak.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #45
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Flames are getting a lot of help lately, hopefully they can go on a little streak.
Well we know how good this team is at taking advantage of prime opportunities when presented to them..

Let's hope this time is different.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #46
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Neuverth is down and out and the Canucks take a full four seconds before D Sedin is able to flutter a weak shot on goal. This team is so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #47
Jetfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
LA is getting outstanding goal tending...Rusty Quick is nothing to be concerned about
Yeah I guess Budaj really is putting up Quick like numbers this year, it's cool to see from him. I'm happy for his sake in reviving his career, but hopefully his numbers are just not quite good enough over the next 24 games.
Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:17 AM   #48
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Kings lose in regulation!

NSH and WPG winning hurt our chances a combined -3.4%,
meanwhile LA and VAN losing is going to help us a combined 2.8%
So overall the Flames chance went down today?

I'm quite happy with the OOT. Don't see Winnipeg as a threat at this point. Vancouver either. I'm sleeping with one eye open when it comes to LA and Dallas. I shouldn't expect anything from Dallas, but if somehow Bishop lands there......
dying4acup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:04 AM   #49
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dying4acup View Post
So overall the Flames chance went down today?

I'm quite happy with the OOT. Don't see Winnipeg as a threat at this point. Vancouver either. I'm sleeping with one eye open when it comes to LA and Dallas. I shouldn't expect anything from Dallas, but if somehow Bishop lands there......
I wouldn't be worried about Dallas if you aren't going to be worried about Winnipeg.

The only way Dallas gives Calgary competition is if they win four more games than Calgary.

In 60 games, they've won 6 less games than Calgary.
In 31 games, Bishop has 3 more wins than losses.
There are 22 games left for Dallas. Considering both them and Bishop aren't having a great season, it would take a monumental collapse by Calgary (and LA, and Nashville, and St.Louis). for them to matter.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #50
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only way Dallas can catch the Flames is if the Flames play poorly down the stretch - and if they do, Dallas catching them will be irrelevant.

Same holds true with Wpg.

The only teams that matter for the Flames are LA and NSH. We have to finish ahead of one of those teams (or another one of the teams ahead of us). And if we do, there is no way that DAL or WPG passes us.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:14 AM   #51
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Canucks tried to mount a come back after down 3-0 early in the second period. They made close at 3-2 but the Flyers kept things under control as the Canucks could only muster 20 shots on Neuvirth, Philly wins 3-2 and Gostisbehere assisted on all 3 Flyers goals. The Lightning have a tough time against the Avs. Tampa was up 2-0 heading into the 3rd period and the Avs came back to tie it at 2-2. Matt Duchene tied it up with 42 seconds left in reg time. Drouin scored the GWG midway through OT.

Never count out the Red Wings, they beat the Penguins 5-2 in Pittsburgh. The Red Wings face a tough battle to get in the playoffs, but don't count them out. The Rangers win a low scoring game, 2-1 in reg time against the Capitals. OV had the Caps only goal. The Bhawks steamroll the Sabres 5-1. From the 2nd period onward, the Sabres were outplayed.

The Islanders get some offense and get revenge on the Devils, Isles win 6-4. Strome and Hall each had 3 points. Marchand with the OT winner, the Bruins win 2-1 over the Sharks. Ducks win 1-0 over the Kings in reg time, Manson with the only goal and Gibson gets the 24 save SHUTOUT. The Leafs win 4-0 as Gardiner has a 3 point game and McElhinney with the 37 save SHUTOUT.