Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 PM   #41
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Showed up to work late twice in 2 years? I was late 3 times this week.
So funny, I spit out my wine. Thank you for posting.

Seriously blown out of proportion.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #42
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll leave this here: Gulutzan on Johnny's surprisingly fast return from injury:

Quote:

"I thought he was good to go a long time ago," Flames coach Glen Gulutzan said. "He's been chomping at the bit forever to play. He really wanted to play. Kudos to him. He went through some pain early with that finger. A few nights there ... if anybody's had a broken finger with screws in it, there were a few nights he didn't sleep.

"He worked real hard. Our coaches, when we came back here, the conditioning he did while we were gone they felt while we were skating him the last three days that his conditioning was right where it needed to be. Real good on him to put in the work."

https://www.nhl.com/news/johnny-gaud...ks/c-284374480
But apparently he's not taking his conditioning seriously... that's why his shifts have been too long?!?

PS Spector is a hack. What does he know about the development of young NHL players after watching the tire fire up north for the past 10 years...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #43
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

spector is a troll
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:11 PM   #44
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

So do people think that young NHLers don't sometimes get into bad off-ice lifestyles that can affect their careers? Or that it happens, just not to guys who put on a Flames uniform?
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:13 PM   #45
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I blame his team mates. They know full well he can't consume adult levels of booze and cocaine. Then they have the nerve to not even weekend at Bernie's him to practice. What a bunch of jerks.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:13 PM   #46
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
So do people think that young NHLers don't sometimes get into bad off-ice lifestyles that can affect their careers? Or that it happens, just not to guys who put on a Flames uniform?
Unless there's factual information, it's just useless gossip. I don't see the point of it.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #47
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Can you imagine if you missed your bus to work, still made it on time, and everyone just started accusing you of being an irresponsible alcoholic?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #48
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you imagine if you showed up to work drunk and your boss sent you home, missed a bus to a team event , and had your production drop majorly, all while being to highest paid employee!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #49
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Came in for this. Leaving satisfied.

(Thanks, Cali!)
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #50
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Unless there's factual information, it's just useless gossip. I don't see the point of it.
Since about the only thing that would qualify as factual information is the player getting arrested, we're probably not going to get any. Still, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the number of NHL players whose careers have been affected by off-ice lifestyles vastly exceeds the number who have been arrested. I'd also say there's a correlation between players who are rumoured to be partiers and players who are actually partiers. And lastly, the players who have ended up with 'factual information' about their behaviour in almost every case were players who already had a reputation.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 PM   #51
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Can you imagine if you showed up to work drunk and your boss sent you home, missed a bus to a team event , and had your production drop majorly, all while being to highest paid employee!
You mean if the first two incidents happened a year apart and despite my drop in production I was still the highest producing employee in the organisation?

Yeah, sounds like I'm still pretty stellar.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:27 PM   #52
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Can you imagine if you missed your bus to work, still made it on time, and everyone just started accusing you of being an irresponsible alcoholic?
Sad, but that's literally what happened in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

Usually where there is smoke there is fire. It doesn't mean trade the guy, or lambast him. But do we have to turn a blind eye to these consistent rumors and assume they are all complete fabrications?
No there's not. Are you kidding? How many countless rumors, events and situations are completely blown out of proportion in the hockey world from ''insiders'' who think they know everything? Absolutely not true ''where there's smoke there's fire''. Where there's smoke, that's the internet churning the rumor wheel for website hits.

Johnny is seen coming out of a taxi, makes it to practice ON TIME, and now he's a drunk party animal who is irresponsible with his money and that's why players on the team won't stick up for him. There's people in this thread who actually believe this. Wow.

Christ, this is some crazy TMZ going down.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 02-17-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:34 PM   #53
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe he was just tired from saving Duncan's Toy Store from being robbed by the Wet Bandits the night before.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:35 PM   #54
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Showed up to work late twice in 2 years? I was late 3 times this week.
Yes I'm sure he's just got #### luck and every time he screws up, the media gets a hold of it. Feel pretty confident if his inability to show up to work with the rest of the team has managed to hit the media twice in essentially a calendar year, it's highly unlikely those two are the only issues he's having.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #55
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
Yes I'm sure he's just got #### luck and every time he screws up, the media gets a hold of it. Feel pretty confident if his inability to show up to work with the rest of the team has managed to hit the media twice in essentially a calendar year, it's highly unlikely those two are the only issues he's having.
You talk about his 'issues'. Well, what's your issue with him, and why is it seemingly so personal?

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:48 PM   #56
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

While a few people are busy getting carried away, remember that spreading rumours on the internet can be considered libel. In fact, someone in the Flames organisation went after people who did the same thing a few of you are doing with Gaudreau:

http://www.macleans.ca/society/brian...not-to-grovel/

So unless you know for SURE that what you're saying is true, don't say it. Smoke isn't a good defence when you get served for making up fake fires.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:50 PM   #57
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I blame his team mates. They know full well he can't consume adult levels of booze and cocaine. Then they have the nerve to not even weekend at Bernie's him to practice. What a bunch of jerks.
I know. Back in the day players used to stick up for teammates.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #58
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh my goodness. What a non story. He ate too much Sbarro, was in the washroom, someone put their hat on a headrest, and the bus driver thought Johnny was in his seat and they left without him.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #59
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames organization did not hesitate to send a message when they thought Gaudreau, Monahan, and Bouma crossed a line last year. If this was a sign of some recurring behavioural issue, I'm certain a similar message would have been sent.

The fact that the team apparently didn't take issue with the incident tells me that this is likely a non-event.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike F For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #60
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
While a few people are busy getting carried away, remember that spreading rumours on the internet can be considered libel. In fact, someone in the Flames organisation went after people who did the same thing a few of you are doing with Gaudreau:

http://www.macleans.ca/society/brian...not-to-grovel/

So unless you know for SURE that what you're saying is true, don't say it. Smoke isn't a good defence when you get served for making up fake fires.
Actually seems like people are deliberately not saying anything that could be considered libel for this exact reason .....
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote