Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-19-2016, 11:17 PM   #41
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

although the score was lopsided, I thought this was an entertaining football game to watch. Great execution by the Stamps in all facets of the game, and the BC defence was likewise until they tired out in the 3rd.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 11:25 PM   #42
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good overall game by the Stampeders. All 3 facets were awesome tonight. They were all prepared to play and wanted to prove they are the best tem in the CFL. Great dominating win.

OFFENSE:
Bo Levi Mitchell was very poised, very comfortable and proven he is one of OR the best QB in the CFL tonight. Mitchell exposed the weakness of the best LB crew in the CFL by throwing the ball to Harrison a few times and to Cote, who happens to score a TD. Eliminiam and Bighill couldn't cover our RB/FB on passing plays. Mitchell spread the ball around and his receivers were making nice plays and catching the ball. Parker played well so as Daniels, Grant and McDaniel. Offensive Line was not perfect but they protected Mitchell very well in this game. I don't think I ever seen BC DLine and LBs came even close to touching Mitchell all night. Dickenson called a good game tonight.

DEFENSE:
This is the best full 60 minutes game by the defense this season. They were constantly pressuring Jennings in this game. Jennings made some good throw and BC went to the red zone 3 times but defense shut them down and only gave up 3 FGs instead. Then in the second half they totally shut BC offense down. I can't even pick the defensive player of the game tonight because there are too many of them who played well.
I've been critical of Claybrook's play calling this season but I think he is getting better and getting comfortable.

SPECIAL TEAM:
Hats off to special team cover team for shutting down Chris Rainey. Maver was awesome directing his punts away from Rainey. When Rainey gets the ball, the cover team are there to stop him and even made him fumble the ball. Paredes was perfect again.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #43
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Men against boys.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:38 AM   #44
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Huge game to secure first in the division, even for s game in the first half of the season.

BC now has to win 2 more games than the Stamps in the last 10 games to pass us. So, if the Stamps go 6-4, the Luons would have to go 8-2 or better to finish with more points.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:14 PM   #45
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta say that I'm impressed with the Stamps. I thought this would be a down year with some key losses on both sides, plus with Huf stepping down as HC, but they look better than ever so far.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2016, 03:00 AM   #46
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

remember the first game when everyone was saying how bad the stamps would be?
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote