Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #1201
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Why would they all just stand there and let Morgan choke the guy to death? Show is full of pussies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
They were stunned and shocked? People just stand around with stupid looks on their face when terrible things happen all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumy View Post
I'm glad Carol has finally decided to be kick a$$ Carol again! This whiny Carol for the whole season and last bit of last season takes away so much of the growth her character has gone through since her husband died.

I also don't like the way everyone just stood around and let Morgan kill Richard. Someone with the Kingdom needed to step in; the King should have decreed that Morgan release him (show everyone that you are in control).

Also, am I the only person that was liking Richard's character? Ya, he could be a d#ck sometimes (like when he wanted to lead the Saviors to Carol), but he was on the right path: they need to fight the Saviors. He was even willing to go as far as to sacrifice himself (but his plan blew up and ended up costing the kid his life). He was a good soldier, followed the Kings orders but also was not a yes man and provided wise council.
Okay, I'm going to touch on this briefly, stringbean (the Saviour in charge) does say 'Leave them be' while his men are holding guns on the Kingdom's people.

So he really made the call forcing Ezekiel's people to allow Morgan to kill Richard.

Its not like they didnt try, they were being held at gunpoint and ordered not to interfere or they'd presumably be shot.

And Ezekiel does shout for Morgan to stop, but Morgan isnt one of his 'subjects.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #1202
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Okay, I'm going to touch on this briefly, stringbean (the Saviour in charge) does say 'Leave them be' while his men are holding guns on the Kingdom's people.

So he really made the call forcing Ezekiel's people to allow Morgan to kill Richard.

Its not like they didnt try, they were being held at gunpoint and ordered not to interfere or they'd presumably be shot.

And Ezekiel does shout for Morgan to stop, but Morgan isnt one of his 'subjects.'
Your explanation is plausible but they didn't try. Unless one guy yelling "stop" counts as trying. I guess they were scared of getting shot but I would have expected a more emotional, instinctive response.

I enjoy the show but I keep hoping for more. I don't watch a ton of TV, so I guess my problem is I keep comparing to some of my favorites like GOT, Homeland, Mad Men etc.

24 is probably a more reasonable comparison, a show which was fantastic early on but which I kept watching even as it was running out of steam.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #1203
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Your explanation is plausible but they didn't try. Unless one guy yelling "stop" counts as trying. I guess they were scared of getting shot but I would have expected a more emotional, instinctive response.

I enjoy the show but I keep hoping for more. I don't watch a ton of TV, so I guess my problem is I keep comparing to some of my favorites like GOT, Homeland, Mad Men etc.

24 is probably a more reasonable comparison, a show which was fantastic early on but which I kept watching even as it was running out of steam.
Okay, fair enough. It isnt everyone's cup of tea or particular brand.

But, specific to this scene, you have Ezekiel yelling at Morgan to stop, I think he yells a couple times, but whatever, he cant physically restrain him or risk getting shot.

And one of the things again that I think polarizes this show is that it is based off of 'Zombie-Apocalypse Comic Books.'

Some people like or understand that this means that at times things are going to be weird, its not going to track along like a normal show because it has its roots in comic books which are, by definition, if not insane at least wildly implausible.

Look how long it took to make Comic Book Movies successful.

Its part of why I like it, taking something a little off the wall and adapting it for a show, but they have to stay relatively faithful to the source material to appease the grassroots fans who will undoubtedly be even more highly critical, but they also have to push the story-telling while at the same times living within the confines of TV.

I'm talking about things like TWD and Preacher.

Theres a little bit of everything in there and it cant cater to just one demographic.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #1204
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish they would find a way to juggle multiple threads and characters in one episode vs. the one storyline specific episode. Is it just the cost issue? I thought some shows shot an entire season as if it was one giant episode or movie.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #1205
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

It could be something along the lines that each actor gets paid based on how many episodes they appear in. Take Rick, Darryl, and Negan out of the show and you just saved some budget that could go towards replacing the Commodore 64 that currently handles the CGI.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #1206
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
They were stunned and shocked? People just stand around with stupid looks on their face when terrible things happen all the time.
You have a limited amount of soldiers in your army as it is and the "king" just lets someone be choked to death when you have multiple members of your team including one massive dude just standing there doing nothing

I just can't imagine how these clowns could have survived this long being such pussies about everything
Old 03-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #1207
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
that could go towards replacing the commodore 64 that currently handles the cgi.
:d
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #1208
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
It could be something along the lines that each actor gets paid based on how many episodes they appear in. Take Rick, Darryl, and Negan out of the show and you just saved some budget that could go towards replacing the Commodore 64 that currently handles the CGI.
Oooh la di da there Mr. Fancypants! A commodore 64?!? Luxury!

Give me my Coleco Adam or give me death!

Quote:
You have a limited amount of soldiers in your army as it is and the "king" just lets someone be choked to death when you have multiple members of your team including one massive dude just standing there doing nothing

I just can't imagine how these clowns could have survived this long being such pussies about everything
You do realize that they're wearing paintball gear and carrying (presumably) prop axes, right?

Not so good against bullets.

So you either risk losing one guy who just more or less betrayed you, or risk losing all your guys, and your King and your....sticksmith(?).

Old 03-13-2017, 01:28 PM   #1209
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Locke just explained it a few posts back. They were told by the Saviour lieutenant to stand down...at gun point. Otherwise they would have killed whoever intervened. So now you'd have Dick dead and maybe 2 or 3 others...nice going Beef. Just kidding...
Old 03-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #1210
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumy View Post
One last thing: did Morgan follow through on Richard's plan to sacrifice Richard and persuade the King to fight the saviors, or did he just go bat $#it crazing? Did Morgan and Richard have a conversation off screen and agree to sacrifice Richard and put on that show to make it seem to the Saviors that the Kingdom understands.
I think Morgan did it on his own (no off screen conversation) and I think he calculated to do it in front of the Saviours to do as Richard was thinking; convince the Saviours of their loyalty.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #1211
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So we've got 3 episodes left. Where does this end for the season? I figure 2 more duncing around episodes for Oceanside and finalizing stuff with the great trash heap, then the last one gearing up for war. Cliff hanger either at the start of the battle, or with Rick swinging a bat at Neegan.

Losses? Lots of characters could warp up their usefulness here, so tough call.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #1212
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
So we've got 3 episodes left. Where does this end for the season? I figure 2 more duncing around episodes for Oceanside and finalizing stuff with the great trash heap, then the last one gearing up for war. Cliff hanger either at the start of the battle, or with Rick swinging a bat at Neegan.

Losses? Lots of characters could warp up their usefulness here, so tough call.
It'd be pretty disappointing if there was a cliff-hanger here. Removing Negan is going to change things so dramatically that I'd like to see the next season start fresh after they've had some time to recover/rebuild...assuming the Saviours don't come out on top that is.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #1213
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bet the huge battle starts in the final episode but doesn't end until next season
Spoiler!

Don't really know if that needs spoiler tags or not..
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #1214
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Well technically they have survived this long by doing exactly that - doing nothing while the Saviours pushed them around.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #1215
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oooh la di da there Mr. Fancypants! A commodore 64?!? Luxury!

Give me my Coleco Adam or give me death!

You do realize that they're wearing paintball gear and carrying (presumably) prop axes, right?

Not so good against bullets.

So you either risk losing one guy who just more or less betrayed you, or risk losing all your guys, and your King and your....sticksmith(?).
This wasn't Negan killing Glenn. It was one of their own turning on another. Like if Aaron out of the blue stated choking Darryl in front of Rick and him just watching in morbid fascination. Simply not plausible but hardly a first for the show.

Looks like Rosita and Sasha going to do their own thing may be throwing a wrench into the plans of of baiting the saviours into believing they have bought in and then striking when they don't expect it.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #1216
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I got caught up last night.

Carol is back. Morgan going back to the dark side. No Carl.

Good episode. I'm looking forward to a battle. Let's go people!
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:18 PM   #1217
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

And they follow it up with a dud. The pacing in that episode was atrocious.

Maybe 6-7 worthwhile minutes in the whole thing: Maggie/Darryl, Steven Ogg killing it as Simon, and the last 2-3 minutes.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:33 PM   #1218
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if that was Daryl at the end, or was it Dwight with Daryl's old crossbow?

Didn't Daryl end up with a different crossbow that he got from the Kingdom?

Sasha is probably going to meet a cruel end now too I would imagine. No way is she going to kill Negan.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #1219
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I wonder if that was Daryl at the end, or was it Dwight with Daryl's old crossbow?
Dwight was my first thought which would be interesting. Is this where he goes good?

Lol, ya, I don't see things ending well with Sasha either. Once she started having the hear to heart with Rosita, I knew one of them was a goner.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 03-19-2017 at 10:36 PM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #1220
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Terrible episode. The last 4-5 episodes have been painfully slow and boring. I think I'm finally ready for a series wrap up. The time has come.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote