Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #21
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm

Last edited by RedMileDJ; 08-31-2015 at 12:41 AM.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:14 AM   #22
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

almost got into a collision and considering getting one soon

im a huge camera noob, so without browsing all of the different cams, are there any must have features for a dashcam?

Last edited by Pizza; 08-14-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #23
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking at the storage and operating temperatures, do you guys take them out of your car in the dead of winter or leave them in year round?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #24
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

If there's a time when a dashcam is definitely needed, it's during winter. I'll be running mine. Usually it's just the LCD screen that won't work, or if there's cheap batteries it may not stay powered after the car is off.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #25
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
almost got into a collision and considering getting one soon

im a huge camera noob, so without browsing all of the different cams, are there any must have features for a dashcam?
As long as it records properly without being grainy like a flip phone from 2006 or shutting off intermittently due to wiring issues, I think you're ok. GPS, shock sensor etc. is cool, but not really necessary.

I have my eye on the ojocam pro2 or the mini 0805 (or equivalent). But not willing to dish out $150 right now. I'll probably check again in a few months.

I hear ojocam can be left in -20 and below weather. No need to drag it in with you all the time.

As with all electronics, there's a chance of getting a lemon.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bumping this thread with a question. For those of you that have the Hawkeye cam, how the hell do you unlock it?? One day I started my car, the unit started up like it always does, and I noticed it wasn't recording. As you can see in my potato picture, at the top of the screen in the middle it shows a ''locked'' symbol. I can't access any menus or anything. No combination of buttons unlocks it. There is nothing in the manual or online about the issue.

Spoiler!

Anyone have any ideas on how to unlock it? It just stays on and does nothing. Just locked. Very frustrating because as soon as I take this thing out of my car, drivers turn all crazy!
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #27
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Bumping this thread with a question. For those of you that have the Hawkeye cam, how the hell do you unlock it?? One day I started my car, the unit started up like it always does, and I noticed it wasn't recording. As you can see in my potato picture, at the top of the screen in the middle it shows a ''locked'' symbol. I can't access any menus or anything. No combination of buttons unlocks it. There is nothing in the manual or online about the issue.

Spoiler!

Anyone have any ideas on how to unlock it? It just stays on and does nothing. Just locked. Very frustrating because as soon as I take this thing out of my car, drivers turn all crazy!
This? Did you impact your camera?

Quote:
Shock Sensitivity: This sets how sensitive the G or shock sensor is. If the camera detects shock (in an accident or if your car gets bumped while parked) the camera will “lock” the current video file so that it won’t get overwritten while recording. Press Menu once, then down arrow until you get to G Sensor. Press record, and use the arrow keys to select the sensitivity level. We recommend the medium or low setting.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...uick_Start.pdf

Also curious if you need to remove the memory card to copy the file off to remove the lock?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #28
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just curious, do most dashcams just continually record when the car is on until the mem card is full, then it'll erase everything on the mem card and start recording over again, looping forever?

And will the dashcam auto turn on in case the car is off and there is impact, for instance like a hit and run if your car is parked?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #29
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Most dashcams will loop or roll through the memory. Video files are stored as intervals (length upon your choosing). When the cars becomes full, it starts deleting the oldest files first, one at a time. So depending on the card size, you will always have the last 2 hours available.

Some dashcams can stay on with the car off if there is constant power supply to it. They also can detect that the car is not running due to drop in voltage and run at a lower frame rate or quality to lengthen the amount of storage time. Some also will record only upon movement within the camera view or upon a shock.

These options are usually costly though, so most cheap to mid-range cams don't have them or don't work well if they do.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #30
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
This? Did you impact your camera?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...uick_Start.pdf

Also curious if you need to remove the memory card to copy the file off to remove the lock?
I've tried those instructions and nothing was fixed. Still locked. I've also pressed the reset button in the small hole on the side like the tech support guy suggested but still nothing.

But I have mine to re-record every 3 minutes, so it should not lock the entire unit. I can't even access the menu. Every button is ''locked''. Maybe today I'll try deleting all the files from my memory card and seeing if that works.

You don't have to remove the memory card to copy files. You can just plug in the usb chord to the port on the side and it automatically syncs with your PC (not sure about Macs).

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 10-14-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote