Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #21
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
and thank god Deadpool's rights belongs with Fox

Disney will never allow a true Deadpool character to surface given the antics he pulls...

lol... has Disney ever released an R rated movie?

They release most of their adult oriented movies under the Touchstone label, and they've released R rated movies under that label since the 80's.

Considering Marvel is a subsidiary, they'd probably be alright releasing an R title under that label.
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chill Cosby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #22
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

When these movies come out I find I would like to read the original comics/graphic novels. But when I look to try to find them there inevitably seems to be a number of reboots and/or alternate timelines. I don't know where to start.

Is Deadpool the same - other than hearing about the character for years I have zero knowledge of the storyline - what would I need to find to get introduced to the character?
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #23
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

The studio totally leaked this to gauge public interest.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #24
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
The studio totally leaked this to gauge public interest.
I hope they did, because with the hype that small video is getting it should prove that interest is very high. Hopefully Guardians of the Galaxy kills at the box office to prove to Fox that lesser known Marvel characters can carry their own movies
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #25
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
When these movies come out I find I would like to read the original comics/graphic novels. But when I look to try to find them there inevitably seems to be a number of reboots and/or alternate timelines. I don't know where to start.

Is Deadpool the same - other than hearing about the character for years I have zero knowledge of the storyline - what would I need to find to get introduced to the character?
Deadpool's stuff is actually very linear until recently. Through the 90s he mostly had villain spot duty until 96 or 97 so there isn't a tonne there. After that it was all pretty easy to keep on top of. A couple short solo runs, some mini-series until you get to the "Liefeld Sues Marvel" era, where Deadpool just leaves and Agent X comes in for a while. After that, Cable and Deadpool starts and sort of carries you through till now. I am looking to get back into him now that Posehn has apparently rejuvenated the character. You could probably skip the Daniel Way stuff and not miss much. Guy was a ####ing awful writer.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #26
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Some dude on reddit posted a few pages from the script penned by the writers of Zombieland which is where the material for the leaked footage came from.

http://imgur.com/a/sn2Qa#vCFUdja
Old 07-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #27
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post

Start with Deadpool here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...deadpool-vol-1

troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #28
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is he punching out zombie Lincoln?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #29
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow, the producers are out on a limb to remove every leaked video of this test footage.. LOL.

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #30
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Yep. He's doing a nice gravelly Demi. It's perfect

heartbreakingly so?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #31
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
heartbreakingly so?
Reynolds is unlikely to have the role if the movie goes ahead. As I have said, despite the bombs recently, he is considered a bankable star, so he will always have roles available to him for a lot of money. As fox is unlikely to give deadpool a huge budget, the movie would have to be a labour of love for him. He would also likely have to pass up more lucrative roles to do it. Between his hectic schedule and fox's feet dragging, by the time it is go he may not be available.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 07-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #32
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Reynolds is unlikely to have the role if the movie goes ahead. As I have said, despite the bombs recently, he is considered a bankable star, so he will always have roles available to him for a lot of money. As fox is unlikely to give deadpool a huge budget, the movie would have to be a labour of love for him. He would also likely have to pass up more lucrative roles to do it. Between his hectic schedule and fox's feet dragging, by the time it is go he may not be available.
It always seems like a role that he really wants to do.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 07-30-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #33
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds is the male Jessica Alba. Girls like looking at him, and all his movies are flops, but he keeps getting roles because of the first part.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #34
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Ryan Reynolds is the male Jessica Alba. Girls like looking at him, and all his movies are flops, but he keeps getting roles because of the first part.
Other than a few recently very few have been flops. For every R.I.P.D there is a Croods. Even green lantern turned a profit.... Eventually.

He has fantastic comedic timing and would be well served to pick and choose roles instead of just taking all of them.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #35
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reynold's humor is taylor made for Deadpool IMO. And if I am not mistaken, he's a huge deadpool fan in the first place. I may be wrong.

But if he has lent his voice to this teaser/concept trailer, I'm sure he wants to be a part of it. Doesn;t matter much if he's a bankable star, sometimes actors take role because they like them or invested in them themselves.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #36
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Reynold's humor is taylor made for Deadpool IMO. And if I am not mistaken, he's a huge deadpool fan in the first place. I may be wrong.

But if he has lent his voice to this teaser/concept trailer, I'm sure he wants to be a part of it. Doesn;t matter much if he's a bankable star, sometimes actors take role because they like them or invested in them themselves.
He is a fan. And much like nick fury, his comic self has said he at least looks like Ryan Reynolds.

At one time he was apparently very hands on with development making sure it was staying true to character. Not sure if he still is with the director and writer changes.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 07-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #37
ma-skis.com
Scoring Winger

Exp:

i didn't mind the way wolverine origins ended either. With the post credits scene you could see how they might twist that garbage version of deadpool into the burnt up version under the mask that is more familiar in the comics.

Seemed like they were just looking for a way to lay some groundwork for the actual movie.
ma-skis.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:51 PM   #38
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma-skis.com View Post
i didn't mind the way wolverine origins ended either. With the post credits scene you could see how they might twist that garbage version of deadpool into the burnt up version under the mask that is more familiar in the comics.

Seemed like they were just looking for a way to lay some groundwork for the actual movie.
That film was about as enjoyable as sitting in a car fire. It did two things right in casting Reynolds and the ending but even with that, I'd ignore it.

No blade arms, no optic blasts, no awful origin story.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 07-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #39
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow.
Just saw the teaser on the book of faces.. I'm excited for this
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #40
MrMastodonFarm