Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #41
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He probably fed the chopper pilot to Penny.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #42
Mike Vernon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How old is Penny in the comic?
Mike Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #43
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Confirmation!

Quote:
There was mention of the Governor’s daughter. I’m looking forward to meeting that cute little tyke!
[Uproarious laughter -- which will be appreciated by readers of the comic book] I don’t want to reveal too much. But I will say that the opening scene of episode 5 is, uh…It’s going to be a pretty memorable one. So be on the look out for that.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/04/wa...t-kirkman-8/2/
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #44
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
nailed it. just because we don't see some things in the same order as they appear in the comics, doesn't mean we won't see them

except the whole rape stuff, i'd be really shocked if they actually had that happen to Michonne in the show. it worked in the comics because the Governor was a complete psychopath, but in the series he's a lot more reserved
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #45
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the worst that will happen to Michonne is she will end up in the zombie pit, and possibly strung up and beat by the Governor and his men but like you said I can't see the whole rape happening.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #46
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Spoiler!
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #47
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I have no idea what is going to happen, and that makes this exciting.

Will Andrea flip flop to the Governor's side? If they attack who will save the day from the guard tower? If Lori is already dead, how does the Governor die? Does he die? They seem to like to hold on to villains for a while in this show..

Is Merle actually a villain? Why is he so obsessed with finding his brother? What is going to happen to Michonne on a scale from running away to being continuously raped in a storage shed?

If someone who has read the comics is asking this many questions, they have done a great job of keeping the story similar but vastly different at the same time. So impressed with this show so far this season.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #48
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I have no idea what is going to happen, and that makes this exciting.

Will Andrea flip flop to the Governor's side? If they attack who will save the day from the guard tower? If Lori is already dead, how does the Governor die? Does he die? They seem to like to hold on to villains for a while in this show..

Is Merle actually a villain? Why is he so obsessed with finding his brother? What is going to happen to Michonne on a scale from running away to being continuously raped in a storage shed?

If someone who has read the comics is asking this many questions, they have done a great job of keeping the story similar but vastly different at the same time. So impressed with this show so far this season.
the more amazing thing is that in almost every case where they differ from the comics, it's better (at least IMO). going to the CDC instead of some random suburb, Shane having a longer and far more interesting arc, Sophia, the Governor being a more "normal" human being instead of a ridiculous psychopath, Lori's death. about the only thing i preferred from the comic over the TV series is Dale's character. he wasn't an annoying whiner in the comic and hooked up with a woman half his age (Andrea), plus his part with the cannibals was awesome. i'm hoping the series still involves the cannibal group somehow, and maybe Herschel can fill Dale's role there
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #49
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'll make some bold predictions based on the previews for this week and the books.

Daryl and Maggie go for formula and end up in Woodbury where they are captured. Daryl fights in the pit with Michonne...can't remember though does he make people fight zombies or people fight people and the loser gets fed to the zombies. Merle will be out looking for Daryl so he won't know he's there.

The mention of Martinez is to throw readers off and Merle will become the "Martinez", helping Maggie, Daryl, and Michonne escape. Daryl will then have to choose between Merle and his new family when he figures out Merle's betrayal.

Andrea will fall for Philip but when she sees the true side, the dark side...she'll off him.

That's just what I think, but I am with you there are lots of questions and twists that keep even the readers off balance.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #50
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Hrmm I have watched the preview a few times and don't see the arena reference..

The zombie that bites the doctor has something around its neck, is that what you are talking about? In the comics the combatants fought each other, it was supposed to be for show, not actually cause serious damage. While they fought, there were zombies tied up all around them to add to the spectacle. I think that the Governor did use the arena for the occasional death with a trouble maker though.

Next week's preview:

Old 11-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #51
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^
Probably around the 0:21 mark is the zombie cage.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #52
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just by the look of the walkers behind the metal gates...they're just different...no jump suits...grey and dirty looking like they've been around for a while...better fed and ready to fight. Could be nothing too, just my imagination.

Also, if you watch The Talking Dead they always show a clip from the upcoming episode and they showed the Governor talking to Michonne about joining them. He's standing behind her with her katana. She whips around does some ninja magic and gets the sword from him and holds it to his neck.

So I am speculating that will be the episode cliff hanger. She'll be overpowered by henchmen and end up in the arena.

Yes, thanks, that's right (about the arena). In the books though isn't that what pisses the Governor off, Michonne kills the other combatant and all the zombies.

So based on that maybe I am out to lunch on my theory...DAMN YOU WALKING DEAD!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #53
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad they put Rick's crazy phone in the show.

So next week it looks like Maggie and Glen get into some trouble, so Woodbury finds them I guess? Does that mean Glen will get beat and either Andrea or Maggie raped? Is Carol going to be found in the prison gym with a bunch of dead walkers around her Tyrese style?

This season has been fantastic.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #54
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm loving that the crazy phone has entered the show so early on...I loved that in the comics it was yet another way to gauge just how crazy Rick was getting.

I am still wondering how Woodbury & our heroes end up meeting - the whole thing happening as a result of the helicopter crash in the comics made sense but I don't think they are near enough for it to happen from a random foraging run as the story stands now (but I could easily be wrong).

I think they are going to dump the whole rape scenario tho and just focus on the Governor romancing Andrea (seriously she has a nose for ######bags!) and trying to get Michonne back.

I am really liking this season so far - esp in the places where they have diverged from the comic plot-line. Lori's death was so much more emotional and gripping than it would have been had she died with the baby in a shower of bullets for instance.

Something tells me Rick will survive the encounter with the Governor with both hands in the show too, something that Kirkman has since admitted he regrets ever doing in the comics.
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #55
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Glenn mentions the shopping centre when they are getting ready to leave for formula. Wonder if that's where they'll be captured?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #56
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm thinking that since Darryl has taken Tyreese's place from the comics, he'll be killed in the same manner Tyreese is.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #57
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't think the show will be killing Darryl off anytime soon - plus T-Dog was way more Tyrese than Darryl is...

The reunion between Darryl & Merle should be a doozy tho...I'm not sure if both will be able to walk away from that one!
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JerzeeGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #58
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
I'm thinking that since Darryl has taken Tyreese's place from the comics, he'll be killed in the same manner Tyreese is.
It's rumoured that Andrea will actually take the place of Tyrese of being executed outside the prison. During filming the actor that plays Andrea went on Twitter and told people to pray for Andrea.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #59
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeeGirl View Post
I'm loving that the crazy phone has entered the show so early on...I loved that in the comics it was yet another way to gauge just how crazy Rick was getting.

I am still wondering how Woodbury & our heroes end up meeting - the whole thing happening as a result of the helicopter crash in the comics made sense but I don't think they are near enough for it to happen from a random foraging run as the story stands now (but I could easily be wrong).

I think they are going to dump the whole rape scenario tho and just focus on the Governor romancing Andrea (seriously she has a nose for ######bags!) and trying to get Michonne back.

I am really liking this season so far - esp in the places where they have diverged from the comic plot-line. Lori's death was so much more emotional and gripping than it would have been had she died with the baby in a shower of bullets for instance.

Something tells me Rick will survive the encounter with the Governor with both hands in the show too, something that Kirkman has since admitted he regrets ever doing in the comics.
ya, but they have such an easy plot line with Merle wanting revenge against Rick. as much as Kirkman regrets doing it in the comics, i think they still take that route in the show and Merle chops off Rick's hand
Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #60
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
ya, but they have such an easy plot line with Merle wanting revenge against Rick. as much as Kirkman regrets doing it in the comics, i think they still take that route in the show and Merle chops off Rick's hand
I think they're using Merle to show the audience how awkward and awful it looks when you try to pretend an actor doesn't have a hand, so that the comic fans aren't so angry when Rick keeps his hand. It also threatens the integrity of the show if the primary character has some goofy hand thing for ~4 seasons. I hope they find a way to show that Rick can be hurt, but I'm forgiving them ahead of time in case they don't want to take on that logistical nightmare.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote