Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-18-2016, 07:15 PM   #1081
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

The thing that pisses me off the most about offline is all the stuff that's online doesn't get transferred online.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Violator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #1082
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big huge week for GTA V!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Free cash and gobs of stuff on sale

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:59 AM   #1083
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every time I see this thread bumped I foolishly get excited at the possibility that it's single player DLC.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #1084
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I'd wager that'll never happen. I believe they came out recently and said the game is more popular today than when it came out, and that it'll need to be killed before it dies. In an industry like gaming, that puts it in Minecraft territory. I just can't believe how it's listed in game sales charts to this day.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #1085
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Every time I see this thread bumped I foolishly get excited at the possibility that it's single player DLC.
Now with RDR2 officially announced, I've accepted it's never going to happen (though with RDR2 I don't even care about a GTA DLC anymore. Haven't been this excited about a game since the original announcement of GTA V five years ago). May as well just get ready for GTA 6 - I'm guessing 2020 at the earliest.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #1086
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has it really been five years since GTA V came out? Can't argue with its replayability. I still fire it up on weekends when I'm at home and just want to get in some casual online stuff.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #1087
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Has it really been five years since GTA V came out? Can't argue with its replayability. I still fire it up on weekends when I'm at home and just want to get in some casual online stuff.
I've never tried the online element. What do you do exactly and can a person jump in new at this point?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #1088
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Release date was September 17, 2013. So just over 3 years.

I've played the single player through twice (once on 360 and once on the One), and may have to give it another play through...for Trevor's sake.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #1089
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I've never tried the online element. What do you do exactly and can a person jump in new at this point?
You can pretty much do whatever you want. There are missions, races, deathmatches, or you can just free roam the map and run into other players as it happens. You buy properties, cars, etc. The only thing that kind of sucks is that heists are really tricky to do because you always end up getting one or two idiots in the crew and you can't do them by yourself.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #1090
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
3 years, but 5 since the first trailer broke. Then they toyed with my emotions for the next 2 years. I'm very scared RDR2 is going to be a similar runaround...but if the end product is as polished as GTA V was, I'll deal with it.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #1091
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

3 Justin 3 started this thread. That's how long this games been out
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #1092
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

So I had this game for PS3 and got rid of it quite a while back since my PS3 is upstairs for the kids to play and I never use it. I took advantage of the low price now at EB Games ($39.99 new) and traded in some outdated sports titles so I only paid $20.00 for the PS4 copy. I miss the game the most when I just have 20 minutes to play as I can't get a game of Madden, NHL or The Show in, in that time.

It's also a fun game to play when you've had too many drinks and can;t be precise enough to play the sports titles either, haha.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #1093
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post

It's also a fun game to play when you've had too many drinks and can;t be precise enough to play the sports titles either, haha.
Yeah, this is me. Get a bit liquored, go online, talk a bunch of #### and shoot destroy things. I think the last time I did it, I was all hammered on gin and I just walked around public places, shooting people up and yelling "SECOND AMENDMENT!" into the mic.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #1094
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

The GTA V Online Motorcycle Club update has been interesting, but there's a fatal flaw: if you're going to make a game mode about being in a motorcycle club, why is there no compelling reason or incentive to actually use motorcycles? The 'riding in formation' giving back health isn't good enough.

Case in point, I play with four or five friends on XBL, and we have a motorcycle club, the "Scooter Buddies" (a play off of Trevor's 'Scooter Brother' cutscene). Of course, we all went and got Vespa clones and made them look like rolling peacocks with the mirrors and lights and crap. But when we do missions for the MC, do you think we're riding around on motorcycles or scooters?

Hell no. One buddy will go grab his attack chopper, I'll grab my Hydra fighter jet, and another will grab his armored Kuruma. Why would we use motorcycles? Without sufficient incentive to use them, they're the least resilient, and nowhere near the fastest means of transportation available to us.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #1095
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, this is me. Get a bit liquored, go online, talk a bunch of #### and shoot destroy things. I think the last time I did it, I was all hammered on gin and I just walked around public places, shooting people up and yelling "SECOND AMENDMENT!" into the mic.
America: The Game
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #1096
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw it was on sale on Steam the other day so bought it for PC. Wow, this is the way to play the game. So much better than on the console. Seems like the tires are actually made out of rubber and not cement, way less skidding around I find. Use the keyboard for everything other than driving, getting into gunfights is so much easier using m/k instead of trying to aim with my thumb. Love it!

Driving around last night got me wondering, what are the good cars in the game? What are the must haves? Not just for racing, I think I read one of the game tips saying something about a van you should have for heists and such?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #1097
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would recommend the armored Kuruma for sure. Just stay in the car and shoot enemies with the compact submachine gun. We tend to value faster but more resilient cars for jobs and heists, not really vans and things. I don't use my supercars for missions, I use them for messing around.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #1098
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just picked it up for XBone from Amazon for $29.99, getting it Monday. I had it on 360 and finally saw it on sale. can't wait to play through it again.

Last edited by Since1984; 12-15-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #1099
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally picked this up when it was sub-20$ on steam.

if playing again, watch out for the mk 2 oppressor griefing:
Spoiler!

Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:39 AM   #1100
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

FYI this game is available for free on Epic Store: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/epic...14-21-2375410/
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post: