Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 PM   #121
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those who would like to see the Leafs miss the playoffs:

Leafs win
Isles lose
Bolts lose
Panthers lose

Yeah...

As for the home team whittling down their magic number and getting home ice for round 1:

Oilers win
Preds win
Blues winning in third
Kings winning in third

Yeah...

Bonus points for Canucks winning and lowering draft lottery odds:

Yeah, no.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #122
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Well this OOT is a disaster.

Must be because of the numbnuts who started it.
Flames will have to take care of business themselves and really that's the way it should be as you don't advance in the playoffs hoping for help in the OOT. Team needs to be in the mindset of needing to win every night.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #123
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Another fantastic OOT night. Don't look now but St. Louis will be 3 points back of us if they hold on, LA at 7 seven back. Not to go all polak but that Sunday game against LA could end up being much bigger than it was even just three days ago.

We're in fine shape and would need a collapse to miss so don't misinterpret my comments as the sky is falling, but more just a little perspective for those silly wishes for LA/St. Louis 3 point games the other night to screw the Oilers in their wildcard spot.....a wildcard spot that we now occupy.

Confidence is great and the team has earned it from the fans, but the multiple posters hoping for our direct competition to earn more points in games because they figured we were gone from the wildcard race was so silly.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 10:53 PM   #124
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Win 5 games and LA has to go 11-3 to pass the Flames

barely beating Buffalo shouldn't scare anyone

If the Flames can't pick up AT LEAST 5 or 6 wins down the stretch they don't deserve playoffs
Old 03-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #125
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Win 5 games and LA has to go 11-3 to pass the Flames

barely beating Buffalo shouldn't scare anyone
This.

I don't think people realize how massive a 7 point lead in the standings is with the 1 point for OT/SO being in the mix.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:58 PM   #126
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lehner has a really ugly-looking neck tattoo
Old 03-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #127
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Vancouver is so bad and the only guys contributing are Flames draft picks. Vancouver drafting is so bad.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #128
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
what a ridiculous post
Flamesfan101 is an Oilers troll who thinks he's in disguise.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #129
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Worst OOT EVER.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:58 PM   #130
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Was at the Kings game tonight. Iggy has lost a step (well... the whole staircase really...) but can still pull a power move out of the corner. Very dangerous all night.

Fun to watch now that the Flames are safe(ish).

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #131
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't care - I am still cheering for LA to keep winning and catch the Oilers. I am firmly confident that Calgary will continue to accumulate more points than the Oilers the rest of the way. Go St. Louis and go LA - but most of all, go Calgary.

However, I am the type of guy that will not only cut off his own nose to spite his face, but I will cut off my face to spite my face, so there's that....
Calgary4LIfe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 06:02 AM   #132
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the Devils play the spoiler in their 6-2 win over the Flyers, Henrique with 2 goals. I just don't get the Capitals, their offense is sputtering as they lose 2-1 in OT to the Predators. Both goalies made 22 saves for their team.

The Wild lose 3-1 to the Hurricanes, I wonder if the Preds will catch up to the Wild in the standings. Dubnyk doesn't have that voodoo magic right now.

The Leafs wake up and smack the Lightning 5-0, Andersen with the 33 save SHUTOUT. The Kings win 2-0 over the Sabres, Iggy with the GWG, Brown gets 2 assists, and Quick makes 26 saves for the SHUTOUT.

The BJs gain a point on the Caps and are 2 back for the #1 spot in the east with the 2-1 reg win. Bobrovsky was in net for the win making 33 saves. The Panthers scored first but that was it.

The who cares game had Detroit beat the Coyotes 5-4 in the SO. It won't surprise me to see the Coyotes overtake the Canucks and Stars in the standings.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #133
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames hold their destiny in their own hands, as they should. With their 5 games against LA and Anaheim, they can definitely catapault into a division spot. This OOT was not kind to us at all though.
agulati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #134
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Another fantastic OOT night. Don't look now but St. Louis will be 3 points back of us if they hold on, LA at 7 seven back. Not to go all polak but that Sunday game against LA could end up being much bigger than it was even just three days ago.

We're in fine shape and would need a collapse to miss so don't misinterpret my comments as the sky is falling, but more just a little perspective for those silly wishes for LA/St. Louis 3 point games the other night to screw the Oilers in their wildcard spot.....a wildcard spot that we now occupy.

Confidence is great and the team has earned it from the fans, but the multiple posters hoping for our direct competition to earn more points in games because they figured we were gone from the wildcard race was so silly.
I stand by my statement that if you can't take care of business on your own then you don't deserve to make the playoffs. This is professional sports and this nonsense of expecting the other teams to lay down and let you back into the playoffs is silly. Sure I hope for those teams to lose on the OOT but if they win I'm not going to pout about it as the Flames still control their destiny. They take care of business and it doesn't matter what the other teams do. It's the Kings that have to hope for the competition to stumble and if that's the Flames then the playoffs simply weren't meant to be.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #135
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
Goddamn that was scary. Beleskey takes a Bergeron slapper off the back of the head. You could hear the crack and they immediately blew the whistle.

He skated off holding a bandage behind his right ear. Yikes.
For all the moaning we do about the refs I have to give them full marks on this one. They stopped the play immediately, practically as Beleskey was hitting the ice - I'm not sure they could have blown the whistle any faster. When the puck goes high like this and they are not sure where it may have hit a player I would prefer they err on the side of caution and kill the play, Those few seconds can be critical if the player is seriously injured.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #136
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Beleskey's helmet wasn't even strapped tight. He got hit on the side of the head because his helmet was loose. I don't get why these players risk themselves, especially their heads for no good reason. Strap your helmets on tight and let it do its job.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #137
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Beleskey's helmet wasn't even strapped tight. He got hit on the side of the head because his helmet was loose. I don't get why these players risk themselves, especially their heads for no good reason. Strap your helmets on tight and let it do its job.
100% agreed on this point too. And most players you see don't have their helmets fastened properly.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote