Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #121
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
That deal between Vancouver and NJ only worked because of the Canucks's position in a very strong draft. The Flames are not finishing in a position this season to pick in the top-ten, and the 2017 draft is notoriously much weaker than it has been since perhaps 2012.
Hence why it is a dream scenario haha.. Although, I do think Schneider at the time was much more accomplished than Vasilevsky which may offset the draft position.

There was also Varlamov who got traded at 22 years old as well for a 1st round and 2nd round pick.

Maybe something like Gillies+1st for Vasilevsky ... A premium to pay but we will be set for a very long time.

2017-2018
Vasilevsky
Johnson?

Of course, I highly doubt he would be available at any point but some precedent has been set.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #122
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
If there's any shred of truth to #2 I don't want him anywhere near this team. The last thing this team needs is a starting goaltender who's heart isn't in playing for the team. Actually the last time the team brought in a goaltender that didn't really want to be here was Ken Wregget who the Flames acquired from the Penguins. That didn't work out either.
That is certainly not true. I met Ken Wregget at the airport as he flew in after the trade. He was very excited to be a Calgary Flame. Talked about getting the starters role after being a backup in Pittsburgh for years behind Barrasso.

He actually played quite well for the Flames, sporting a 2.61 GAA and a .906 sv% He hurt his back that season and was only able to play in 27 games. The following year he was a UFA and Detroit outbid Calgary for his service.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #123
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
That is certainly not true. I met Ken Wregget at the airport as he flew in after the trade. He was very excited to be a Calgary Flame. Talked about getting the starters role after being a backup in Pittsburgh for years behind Barrasso.

He actually played quite well for the Flames, sporting a 2.61 GAA and a .906 sv% He hurt his back that season and was only able to play in 27 games. The following year he was a UFA and Detroit outbid Calgary for his service.
That's as maybe, but we still gave up (one of my faves, and one of my nose-twins) German Titov to get him...
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #124
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post

What exactly would you expect him to say to a Flames fan? That he didn't want to be there? Of course not. The Flames at that time were like the Islanders today in that players didn't want to play here. Any time they brought in a guy like Dave Gagner, Andrew Cassels they always left in free agency even if the Flames were offering competitive money. He indeed was not happy about the trade when it happened. He was a pro and came for his one season but it was widely known he wasn't going to sign with the Flames. He accepted a backup job with the Wings over a starting job with the Flames for crying out loud. If that doesn't spell "I don't want to play here" I don't know what else does.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 02-17-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #125
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
What exactly would you expect him to say to a Flames fan? That he didn't want to be there? Of course not. The Flames at that time were like the Islanders today in that players didn't want to play here. Any time they brought in a guy like Dave Gagner, Andrew Cassels they always left in free agency even if the Flames were offering competitive money. He indeed was not happy about the trade when it happened. He was a pro and came for his one season but it was widely known he wasn't going to sign with the Flames. He accepted a backup job with the Wings over a starting job with the Flames for crying out loud. If that doesn't spell "I don't want to play here" I don't know what else does.
Have you ever met Ken Wregget? I had the pleasure of meeting him three times. Down to earth, nice and honest guy.

I'll take the words that came directly out of his mouth to me over what you are telling me he thought. I'm pretty sure he knows how he felt about the trade better than you do.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #126
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Would be interested in Patric Hornqvist as a sweetener in a MAF deal.
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #127
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This guy, I know for a fact he has family in this area and was ecstatic to be traded to Calgary...unless he lies to his own sister IDK

Not sure about the Detroit stuff however the Wings were the best team in the NHL and he was on the back nine of his career

Last edited by dino7c; 02-18-2017 at 05:43 PM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote