Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #201
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I really hope this makes you happy Jay
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #202
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anybody still care? It crashed my PS4 the last three times I played it (which is 3/4 of the times it's crashed total) and I traded it in.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #203
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol

I wouldn't even add this game to my library if it was free on PS+.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:08 AM   #204
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

First free update that adds some major content: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/foundation-update/
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #205
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome. Gonna play today
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #206
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Base building to store resources and automated resource gathering, teleporting to your base, freighters to ease base resource storing runs, bigger resource stacks... Was the goal of the patch to reduce the amount of time it takes to realize that there's no game underneath?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #207
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #208
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ok so i started playing it again with the new update.

I started a new game on creative mode as i wanted to try out the base building without having to go through the gauntlet of resource collection while i learn the mechanics of building and all the items.

First off, Im quite surprised with how unique you can make bases, given the depth to the rest of the game i was quite surprised. That said there are still more items that can be added. The automatic resource mining will be super usefull for the regular resource dependent game modes and will reward people for being smart and not grinding.

This is how i was hoping the game would turn out. It still doesnt have a "game" beneath it like photon said however it at least now gives the player a reason to scout out a planet they like and actually spend some time there.

The more they add the better this game will get, if they add in a multiplayer component somewhere in the future, watchout this will be a whole new game.

At least im getting some more game for the $80 i spent....
Old 11-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #209
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I bet in one year this game will be pretty cool but very few will care.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:30 PM   #210
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Im playing on a PS4. I also contend that the game is still pretty hollow. But holy crap. The visuals, creatures, frame rate, space battles..... etc etc etc. Whole new level. Like a different game. It's butter smooth now. So automatically the first thing I did is go buy a freighter with my cash stash. What I thought was cool is I got attacked, and all of a sudden, the freighter opens up, and three ships came to my assistance and helped me take out my aggressors. Now you can actually differentiate between the good guys and bad guys. The weapons look waaaaaay better.

The base building is kinda meh in my opinion. When you have a massive freighter as essentially a mobile base. Who needs to be tied down to a planet.

Lots of new elements. Way better element scanning. A few of the planets I've found are stunning. They really upped the anti on the terrain generation.

If..... if they could turn this into a massive multiplayer game at this point. It would be resurrected from the ashes, and be so awesome. But it went from a 3/10 to a 7/10 IMO with this update.

As long as your content with just wandering aimlessly discovering stuff for the sake of it. it's a very cool game. But it still lacks any objective. I'm on my 3rd galaxy (Calypso), and I feel like a lone wanderer. I doubt there's many people that hung in long enough to get past the third planetary system, let alone galaxy.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:37 AM   #211
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Im playing on a PS4. So automatically the first thing I did is go buy a freighter with my cash stash.
How much was the freighter?

More photos on Flickr
Old 11-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #212
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
How much was the freighter?
7 million for my first one. They are like ships. Every time you try bid on another one, it will have one or two more slots. But there is an area of the ship you can craft like a base. I have t got to that point yet. But if you can build storage containers, I think the need to upgrade might not be entirely critical.
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #213
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
7 million for my first one. They are like ships. Every time you try bid on another one, it will have one or two more slots. But there is an area of the ship you can craft like a base. I have t got to that point yet. But if you can build storage containers, I think the need to upgrade might not be entirely critical.
So, in the original game mode, can I buy a freighter in addition to my ship? Or can you only have one?

More photos on Flickr
Old 11-29-2016, 01:59 PM   #214
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

So this game seems like everyone hates it, but I am still very intrigued.

So this is not available on XBOX, is it safe to assume it will not ever be? I would mostly be interested so the kids could have a crack at. Eventually, I would like to get a Steam Link, so if it is only available on PC, it isnt the end of the world.

Has it ever been on sale? or would it be reasonable to think it might go on sale during the Steam holiday sale?
Old 11-29-2016, 02:24 PM   #215
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
So, in the original game mode, can I buy a freighter in addition to my ship? Or can you only have one?
If you continue with your original game, it does load in all the new features, graphics etc. And yes, you keep your ship, the freighter stays in orbit, wherever you decide to summon it to.

The planetary system I was in when I updated was a little buggy, so I moved on to another one, and everything worked great.

And as far as 'buying' a freighter, you more or less hire it, and it's crew, until you decide to hire a bigger, better freighter. Also, whatever planet you set up your home base on, you can warp back to through a portal in whatever space station you are at, regardless of the distance. You can summon your freighter as well over the same distances.
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #216
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

At some point, I can just see them doing a vicious alien invasion thing, that forces the players to band together.

Or do an event that forces the players to kill each other in greater numbers.

It would be cool to spend your millions on your base or house or whatever and you're sitting on your deck drinking a space beer and you look up as a UFO starts a strafing run and kills your space dog.

which leads to the downloadable chapter "You killed my space dog you alien scumbag"

Mark Hamill will voice the space dog.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote