Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Franchise Hockey Manager

Has anyone picked this up, or even heard of it? Does it hold a candle to Eastside Hockey Manager?

For information purposes: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/fran...ockey-manager/

From the makers of the baseball simulation game by OOTP. The baseball version is pretty good, but the star of the genre is still Eastside Hockey Manager as far as I'm concerned. Just wondering if I should give the OOTP version a shot or not.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I didn't even try the first version, and I am an avid OOTP player, but from what I read there were a lot of bugs in the first version. I did get an e-mail that version 2 is available and I will follow closely the reviews as I want a newer hockey sim. I loved Eastside, but found the latest version of that game too clunky.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I bought the first version and while it showed some potential it just wasn't very immersive or much fun. I'm used to playing Football Manager so it was just too much of a step backwards for me to enjoy. Maybe this version with it's improved in-game experience may be better. Of course, OOTP has never really been a good looking product so visuals aren't likely a high priority. For $30 I may pick it up. On the other hand, the new Eastside Hockey Manager does look a lot nicer and with the Football Manager ties may suit me better.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote