Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
berto9
Draft Pick

Default Rainbow Six Patriots

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone plans on playing patriots for PC when it comes out early 2013.

For those who do not know about it, check out http://rainbow6.ubi.com/patriots/en-us/index.aspx

I'm currently building a pc that should be able to run this, but just curious if anyone on the site is gearing up for it as well.
berto9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've taken a wait and see attitude when it comes to Tom Clancy games for the past 6-8 years now. They've moved away from what made their games exciting and fun to play. The last couple of entries into the Splinter Cell series (including the upcoming game) have been a huge departure. It's not even a stealth game anymore.

The last great R6 game that was released was Rogue Spear. The game use to be about mission planning and squad based tactical combat which is why I am looking forward to this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ctical-shooter

I'll still check out the new one but the games are Rainbow Six only in name.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
I've taken a wait and see attitude when it comes to Tom Clancy games for the past 6-8 years now. They've moved away from what made their games exciting and fun to play. The last couple of entries into the Splinter Cell series (including the upcoming game) have been a huge departure. It's not even a stealth game anymore.

The last great R6 game that was released was Rogue Spear. The game use to be about mission planning and squad based tactical combat which is why I am looking forward to this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ctical-shooter

I'll still check out the new one but the games are Rainbow Six only in name.
Totally agree. Rogue Spear was an excellent game. In it's time, the online following for it was top notch as well. Haven't truly enjoyed a Clancy game since.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
berto9
Draft Pick

Agreed.

Actually the last Rainbow Six series game I really got into was Rogue Spear... man that was probably 10-12 years ago if i'm not mistaking.

I'm not sure why, but the write-ups and videos on this game have caught my eye.

The link you posted I can't watch since i'm at work, but i'll definetly take a look when i'm home.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Some buddies and I used to LAN at each others houses and just do Rogue Spear/Raven Shield Terrorist Hunts for hours. Goddamn that was fun times.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
berto9
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Some buddies and I used to LAN at each others houses and just do Rogue Spear/Raven Shield Terrorist Hunts for hours. Goddamn that was fun times.

Been there done that, brings back memories.

It's too bad it went down hill after Rogue Spear...

hopefully Patriots is a newer and better version of RS, only time will tell!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

My buddy and I used to play Rogue Spear online when all we had were 56k dialups. God damn that was a painful day and age lol.

Bunkers no crossing!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
My buddy and I used to play Rogue Spear online when all we had were 56k dialups. God damn that was a painful day and age lol.

Bunkers no crossing!
CSL no tunnels!
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hatter For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
berto9
Draft Pick

Quote:

Bunkers no crossing!
Haha yea, geez that was the popular map, also that one (can't remember the name) but there was the above ground area, as well as below ground where all the shootouts went on.

Or play 747, the second you step out of the plane, some ######-bag is crouched in the brush with his barrett 50 cal. ready to blow your head off. (okay okay maybe i was that guy once or twice)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
berto9
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
CSL no tunnels!
beat me to it, CSL!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Rogue Spear was awesome, and Terrorist Hunt was probably one of the best game modes for a game ever.

That Takedown KS game looks pretty interesting. If the new R6 is just another CoD knockoff, I'll probably be more interested in that.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #12
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPLovecraft View Post
Rogue Spear was awesome, and Terrorist Hunt was probably one of the best game modes for a game ever.

That Takedown KS game looks pretty interesting. If the new R6 is just another CoD knockoff, I'll probably be more interested in that.
I had actually forgotten about Takedown until this thread surfaced. I watched an hour long Q&A with the guy behind the game yesterday and I am even more interested. From what I heard, Takedown is going to be classic Rainbow Six with better AI and randomized levels. He confirmed "Tango Hunt" will be in the game.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

While I agree Rogue Spear was a great game, in my opinion Raven Shield was almost it's equal. I think it was after Raven that the series really started to decline.

Rogue was when I first started to really get into online gaming. First night I logged on, via 56k, on the MSN Gaming zone and literally played for 12 hours straight. I missed class the following day. I loved playing on teh gaming zone, shooting the breeze in the 'tables' till you had enough to launch. A part of me misses being the host and controlling things like when teh game launched, fiddling with the ini file and changing the words that scrolled as the game launched. Good times.

I've seen some video for this game, but I'm not holding my breath. After the 2 vegas games and the declien of Ghost Recon i've pretty much lost my faith in Ubi to handle the Clancy games. As stated, they are a name now only. Red Storm, where are you. haha
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm always a little embarrassed at the time I spent playing rouge spear instead of making more friends in high school...
I was waaaay too into it. I even did the whole clan thing, and spent a lot of friday and saturday nights "matching". Haha
Good old gamespy.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote