Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I love weasel words, because they make it so no matter what reality is, you are not wrong.

I could also make an argument that a homeopathic remedy can work. I can make an argument that people should drink the midstream of their morning urine. I can make an argument that slavery is good for the economy. I can make an argument that if you castrate yourself your sex life will be better. I can make those arguments and every other idiotic argument under the sun.

Doesn't mean the things I am arguing about are right.
Should one pasteurize this before consumption or go Bear Grylls and drink it raw?
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #22
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find the non-pasteurized urine tastes better.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #23
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Except there is an argument to be made that because there is less and less bacteria in 'food'...which means that our immune system isn't as strong as it 'should' be.

Mostly because we eat less and less 'natural' food.
So for arguments sake, if the only thing that available was bacteria free pasteurized milk, would you purposely take bacteria supplements in an attempt to make your immune system stronger? One could use the same argument to promote the idea of not washing your hands after wiping.

While I am sure that there is some truth that exposure to bacteria and illnesses boosts the immune system, it is also truth that as our society became more sanitary, our life expectancy has also grown significantly. I don't think that is an accident. Whatever trade-off there is, I am sure it is worth it.

As others mentioned, we really don't need milk at all. The idea that we "need" milk and dairy in out diet was probably one of the most successful marketing campaigns ever conceived.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not totally on topic, but I have never had a glass or cow's milk in my entire life. Neither raw or non-raw. The only milk I have eaten came from a human woman when I was an infant. And contrary to all predictions, none of us have any health problems.

The way I see it, you should only drink something because you like it and not for the supposed health benefits. If you like raw milk more, go ahead and drink it.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #25
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
While I am sure that there is some truth that exposure to bacteria and illnesses boosts the immune system, it is also truth that as our society became more sanitary, our life expectancy has also grown significantly.
What's even more interesting to me, is that we could presume to blame a lack of bacteria found in milk for issues with our immune system, which is so highly tuned and incredibly sensitive that a small injection of dead cells is enough to inoculate us from a wide range of diseases effectively for life. To suggest that we need any additional bacteria in our daily lives to maintain the health of our immune system is kinda absurd.

Tags
greg. could you milk me? , i have nipples