Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:
Default Need a coder for a simple project using PDF Docs.

This is what I need done, if there is someone in here that can make it happen, or point me in the right direction it would be awesome.

I work as a Finance Manager at a car dealership. And I am looking at a way to reduce the amount of data entry I am currently doing. I have 8 different documents that require all, or a combination of:

Name
Serial Number
Year / Make / Model
Address
Date

Some will require one or two fields, some will require all fields entered. What I want to do, is have to only enter the full suite of info once, and have it auto populate into the specific parts of the forms required. Right now I am having to enter each form separately.

I can do this "sort of" in excel, but the problem is, since they are Bank documents, they need to be exact to the originals. So I am thinking, if I can provide copies of the blank forms, which can be scanned and then the data can be populated or over laid into the required areas.

Is this possible?

And how hard would it be?

It doesn't seem like it should be hard, but I am a bit of a loser when it comes to this stuff.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
LeftWing
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I normally wouldn't recommend this, but Access could probably tackle this task in less than a day, depending on what you're trying to do. A couple of tables, a few reports (with the scanned pieces of the original documents) and freely available 'PDF Creator' to print the reports to PDF. Done.

If you wanted to add another 10 minutes of development you could create a form to manage your fields.

If you're on a Mac platform, there's probably quite a number of folks here that could offer a nice simple solution with a similar app.
LeftWing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWing View Post
I normally wouldn't recommend this, but Access could probably tackle this task in less than a day, depending on what you're trying to do. A couple of tables, a few reports (with the scanned pieces of the original documents) and freely available 'PDF Creator' to print the reports to PDF. Done.

If you wanted to add another 10 minutes of development you could create a form to manage your fields.

If you're on a Mac platform, there's probably quite a number of folks here that could offer a nice simple solution with a similar app.
Thanks for the reply.

It has to be PC based.

Would someone be willing to tackle this for a couple sets Flames tix?
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know a guy who might be willing to do this. He is doing pretty much this exact thing for us at work right now.

PM me your contact info and I will forward it along to him.