Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #241
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can dress up to 3 of DeAndre Hopkins, Corey Coleman, Mohamed Sanu, Michael Thomas, Pierre Garcon and Cole Beasley this week. Who would you take? Personally I kinda want to throw Coleman in today because he's got a good matchup ... other than that, really not sure. Sick of Hopkins being neutered by Osweiler. Thomas has been great lately but the matchup is brutal.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:29 PM   #242
jdso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hopkins (tough to bench him), Thomas, and Coleman are my choices. Coleman looks like a low ceiling high floor play until we see more from him. Beasley probably has a higher floor.
jdso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdso For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #243
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Call me crazy but I dropped C Michaels and Montgomery today. Their roles will be diminishing over the stretch run and also will have tough match ups. Picked up Gillislee and Meredith. Hoping for more play time and a bounce back respectively.
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #244
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadboss101 View Post
Call me crazy but I dropped C Michaels and Montgomery today. Their roles will be diminishing over the stretch run and also will have tough match ups. Picked up Gillislee and Meredith. Hoping for more play time and a bounce back respectively.
I'm very interested where you got this from? Or just a gut feeling?

If McCoy is healthy Gillislie is worth very little and the role Montgomery plays is so much more invested than that of Meredith. Although I think Meredith is worth a bench stash
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #245
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well, bold moves for sure. Just feel the last 3 games C Michaels haven't had many touches and Poisse was taking up his snaps. And with Rawls back soon he might lose more play time. I know if McCoy plays Gillislie will have little value but with that said even a PT Gillislie had almost the same # of FP the past 3-4 weeks.

Montgomery to me will not be in the backfield when Starks is back. James Starks has not shown much this year but he is an experience back that plays well this time of the year. With Jordy, Adams and Cobbs I don't know if Montgomery will get enough of a share.

Both Seattle and GB will have touch match ups the next few weeks, including week 14-16. I started off 3-0 and then went 1-4. I don't feel confident anymore dressing Christine Michaels. I could be wrong. Meredith hasn't done much since a few games ago when Hoyer was playing. Buffalo's running game and Chicago's pass game will have some better match ups coming up. Have a look at this, take with a grain of salt of course.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stre...f-schedule.php
Old 11-13-2016, 03:57 PM   #246
jdso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I can dress up to 3 of DeAndre Hopkins, Corey Coleman, Mohamed Sanu, Michael Thomas, Pierre Garcon and Cole Beasley this week. Who would you take? Personally I kinda want to throw Coleman in today because he's got a good matchup ... other than that, really not sure. Sick of Hopkins being neutered by Osweiler. Thomas has been great lately but the matchup is brutal.
Sorry. I hope you never took any of my advice.
jdso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #247
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdso View Post
Sorry. I hope you never took any of my advice.
I did play Coleman, but because Doug Martin returned I put him into the flex spot and dropped Thomas to the bench. That decision wasn't too bad
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2016, 06:08 PM   #248
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man, I won my matchup by 0.08 because of that last second hopeless Antonio Brown pass.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #249
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #250
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

42 points and counting for the Saints and zero Cooks targets. WTF. Thank god I have Brees at least.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frequitude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #251
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Frustrating isn't it! I had a few weeks like that where my good players laid eggs in the same week.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:13 AM   #252
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Want to use my WW 3 to pick up one of Tyree Hill, Gabriel, or Mitchell. The first top have been pretty hot for 3-4 games. Mitchell is hard to know cuz the O is so spread around.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:34 AM   #253
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely Hill. He's looked great, Gabriel after him.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #254
Knut

Exp:

Oh hey.. Put up 160 pts this week. Lose.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #255
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

K i need help. I screwed up my FA adds last week forgetting that Tennessee has a bye this week so my only RB is Gurley (to usually go with D Murray). Shoulda added McKinnon because he was on FA and is now obviously on waivers.

I've been sitting on the #1 waiver for 4 weeks and am now faced with a decision. Do i burn it on McKinnon. Do I burn it on the obviously best player of Tyreek Hill when I've already got Brown, Cooks and Tate for my flex and hope McKinnon sneaks through. Or do I hang onto it as an injury hedge in the playoffs and hope McKinnon sneaks through?

I'm guaranteed top be top 2 and get a bye, but I'm playing the other top team with the winner taking the regular season title and $200.

Grrr. So dumb of me. First world fantasy problems but still.

Last edited by Frequitude; 11-28-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #256
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Again I'd go for Hill here too. Mckinnon has been unimpressive for awhile. Likely sneaks through or you can grab some other similar back.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #257
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
42 points and counting for the Saints and zero Cooks targets. WTF. Thank god I have Brees at least.
I can't believe that even happened, he got doubled the entire game. Teams need to learn to fear Mike Thomas it seems
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:41 PM   #258
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Again I'd go for Hill here too. Mckinnon has been unimpressive for awhile. Likely sneaks through or you can grab some other similar back.
Thx. Reason I asked is because the RB after him are useless. Burkhead, Cunningham, Montgomery, Harris, Perkins, West, Langford, etc.

I'll definitely be grabbing Cunningham for the Gurley handcuff once waivers are over. I've been playing RB Russian roulette all season with only Gurley and Murray. I've already got Henry for the Murray handcuff.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #259
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

So somehow I still have a shot at the playoffs in my keeper auction league. Only because for some reason I play teams when they have their worst week. If I win and another team loses I get in(he's playing the first place team). This is my roster going into week 13

QB: Smith
RB: Booker
RB/WR: Meredith
WR- Jackson
WR:Sheperd
TE: Ertz
IDp: Shazier
K:Hopkins
HC: Saints
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:57 AM   #260
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

somehow still have a shot at reaching top 4 in my league, but I'll have to beat the #1 team this week and need some OOT help too ... so basically a miracle.