Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #21
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Can we send two journalists to interview him and put a small dose of poison in their hands that is activated when they shake his hand?
There is an obvious flaw in that plan.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #22
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's only one strategy that will work in NK:

Trump just needs to neutralize NK air defenses so that containerized McDonalds restaurants can be dropped all over the country and rolled over the border from China. The people, including the military, would come storming into the streets to eat for the first time in their lives (that wasn't rice and fido) and the crisis would be over. Soldiers would gladly drop their rifles to pick up a #1 value meal, with up-sized fries and a coke. The biggest risk would be running out of potatoes or Big Mac sauce. In a month they'll all be fat and sassy and will have a new, less clownish, icon to adore in Ronald McDonald.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #23
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

The US just dropped a MOAB in Afghanistan.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politi...omb/index.html

Probably give them valuable information about how the same weapon could impact North Korea's tunnels into the south.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #24
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I doubt that South Korea would agree to what is essentially a surrender to China.

I also have my doubts that South Korea is all that interested in reunification without massive funds coming from China and the US.
Obviously the US and China would have to come up with some form of Marshall Plan for the new country, but that would still be cheaper than millions of refugees in China and ongoing military support or a nuclear war, there has always been a tremendous appetite for reunification in S Korea so with the appropriate promises from China I could see them being ok with becoming an 'ally' of China, it is going to happen anyway in time it would appear if China does take over the US role as world superpower in the next century.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #25
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what sort of deal would China have been interested in making that moved them to accept working with the US on taking out any threat posed by NK? Would Trump have said' do what you want on those islands you built'? Is that enough of a concession for China? Just seems like there is obvious cooperation this week after their Flordia cake eating/bomb ordering session.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #26
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
The US just dropped a MOAB in Afghanistan.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politi...omb/index.html

Probably give them valuable information about how the same weapon could impact North Korea's tunnels into the south.
I used MOAB's when I played Bloons Tower Defence 5 and they are very effective.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loob job For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #27
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
So what sort of deal would China have been interested in making that moved them to accept working with the US on taking out any threat posed by NK? Would Trump have said' do what you want on those islands you built'? Is that enough of a concession for China? Just seems like there is obvious cooperation this week after their Flordia cake eating/bomb ordering session.
Or Trump realized that it isn't that smart to rattle sabers at the second largest economy in the world even if you are the largest one.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #28
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
Those Islands aren't the American's to give away, Any awarding of those Islands is a job for the International Courts and they want nothing to do with it. And if the American's said "Dude, we'll turn our back and you just annex them" would cause a massive loss of face with America's allies.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:34 AM   #29
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I have my doubts that its that simple.

If you kill Kim you're going to create a massive power vacuum that the Military and the Internal Security apparatus would fight each other to fill as well as the massive amounts of suck ups that have the most to lose with Kim being deposed.

You would create a hail storm civil war with the civil population in the middle.

You would also create the uncertainty of warring factions who each would have access to massive stockpiles of chemical weapons and roughly 6 nuclear weapons.

This is literally a nightmare scenario tar baby.

Its not as simple as killing Kim with no succession plan in place.
Possibly, but one would think the senior members of the workers party would have a contingency plan ready for this scenario. My guess is it would take months for the NK people to hear about Jong-un's death and they would take that time slid his sister into power. It's claimed she's already in charge of security for the workers party.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:02 AM   #30
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

North Korean missile explodes during launch

Quote:
SEOUL, Korea, Republic Of — A North Korean missile exploded during launch Sunday, U.S. and South Korean officials said, a high-profile failure that comes as a powerful U.S. aircraft supercarrier approaches the Korean Peninsula in a show of force.

It wasn’t immediately clear what kind of missile was test-fired from the east coast city of Sinpo. But the failure will sting in Pyongyang because it comes a day after one of the biggest North Korean propaganda events of the year— celebrations of the 105th birthday of late North Korea founder Kim Il Sung, the current leader’s grandfather.

The North’s test firing can be seen as a message of defiance to the Trump administration in Washington, coming as it does on the day U.S. Vice-President Mike Pence is set to arrive in Seoul for talks on North Korea.
Quote:
The U.S. Pacific Command said in a statement that Sunday’s missile exploded on launch. South Korea’s Defence Ministry said it was analyzing exactly how the North Korean launch failed. Neither military knew what kind of missile was fired.
Quote:
Analysts warn that even failed missile launches provide valuable knowledge to North Korea as it tries to build its weapons program. The country launched a long-range rocket and conducted two nuclear tests last year, including its most powerful to date.

Aside from improving the technology, North Korean missile and nuclear tests are seen by outside analysts partly as efforts to bolster the domestic image of leader Kim Jong Un and apply political pressure on Seoul and Washington.
http://www.calgarysun.com/2017/04/15...uth-korea-says
Old 04-16-2017, 02:09 AM   #31
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

That country is so freaking inept.........but eventually they will figure it out.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #32
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I would argue that as inept as they are they have failures and then successes its more along the line that they're learning.

They'll have missiles explode then they'll have successful tests for that line of weapons.

Its more along the lines of a state that's pushing hard rather then being inept.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #33
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have to admit, I could watch the goose step by the North Korean army all day. Freaking wonderful.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #34
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
I have to admit, I could watch the goose step by the North Korean army all day. Freaking wonderful.
Yeah, the world loved these guys as well.

Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote