Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #121
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

a family member uses medical marijuana.
I don't know much about the stuff, but she prefers the types that help with her issues without getting her high.
It's amazing how many people judge her for that fact. they seem shocked and incredulous and that someone doesn't want to get high.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #122
something
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Her prescribing doc recommended CannTrust which I see is on the list of providers with the oils
I was able to find some CBD oil here in Victoria, was able to secure it for my post-concussion syndrome.

I was about 5-6 weeks out from my injury when I started to use it, so it is hard to say that my progress was from using the oil, but I have made leaps since. The best of luck to your daughter!
something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #123
something
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I don't know much about the stuff, but she prefers the types that help with her issues without getting her high.
It's amazing how many people judge her for that fact. they seem shocked and incredulous and that someone doesn't want to get high.
Yeah people are surprised when they learn I use the CBD specific stuff to avoid the psychoactive effects. It is my health though, and I make the decision on what I am willing to experience/go through.
something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:54 PM   #124
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I remember when I first got my card, the low-strength and lower-middle strength strains with higher CBD percentages would stay in stock for weeks if not months and the heavy hitters would be gone in a matter of days, if not hours.

At the time, I remarked to a buddy 'I think some people are just using this service to get high' and he said 'no ####'.

Cannabidiol's a wonder drug though - don't let anyone tell you different.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 07:32 AM   #125
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I remember when I first got my card, the low-strength and lower-middle strength strains with higher CBD percentages would stay in stock for weeks if not months and the heavy hitters would be gone in a matter of days, if not hours.

At the time, I remarked to a buddy 'I think some people are just using this service to get high' and he said 'no ####'.

Cannabidiol's a wonder drug though - don't let anyone tell you different.
and I don't question anyone else who chooses to get high, or wants to be helped medically and get a buzz. juts hate the judging by people who think people should be getting high and it's stupid if they don't.

also hate the number of people who think because you (or in this case my family member) has their card, that they can buy off of you. (and get a deal)
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:06 AM   #126
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wanted to kick this thread back into action as I just received my Medical card.

I have suffered with anxiety and insomnia for years and naturally they play into each other which is why it's 3am and I'm typing this.

Does anyone have experience with high CBD strains in an oil vs actual dried product ? I'm looking for a high CBD strain because I'm not a big fan of the "high" feeling but I'm wondering would ingesting oil work as quickly as vaporizing or would it be a slower most elongated effect ?

Side note: after receiving my prescription and speaking to some family/friends about it I have noticed 2 things. People are either very interested once they are enlightened about the difference between THC & CBD's or I get the instant response "I didn't know you were a pothead" which is kind of frustrating. There seems to be no happy medium haha.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #127
WCan_Kid
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
I wanted to kick this thread back into action as I just received my Medical card.

I have suffered with anxiety and insomnia for years and naturally they play into each other which is why it's 3am and I'm typing this.

Does anyone have experience with high CBD strains in an oil vs actual dried product ? I'm looking for a high CBD strain because I'm not a big fan of the "high" feeling but I'm wondering would ingesting oil work as quickly as vaporizing or would it be a slower most elongated effect ?

Side note: after receiving my prescription and speaking to some family/friends about it I have noticed 2 things. People are either very interested once they are enlightened about the difference between THC & CBD's or I get the instant response "I didn't know you were a pothead" which is kind of frustrating. There seems to be no happy medium haha.
My wife has found that the Organigram Solstice blend is amazing for anxiety and gives almost no high. Ingesting LP supplied CBD oils with a dropper help to smooth out the day, slow and steady, the Solstice blend is almost instant relief for social settings.
Higher THC strains for insomnia have been harder to find, most of the ones she's tried are too much, but the high CBD strain is calming her enough that the night time dose isn't often needed.
WCan_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #128
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

CBD can help with anxiety. The oils are slower to take effect but the effects last much longer compared to smoking. I’m not sure if there are LPs that sell a high CBD low THC indica strain but that might be something to look into since indica strains are considered to be more of a nighttime strain, although if the CBD addresses the anxiety that might take care of your sleep issues. Feel free to PM any questions.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #129
WCan_Kid
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
CBD can help with anxiety. The oils are slower to take effect but the effects last much longer compared to smoking. I’m not sure if there are LPs that sell a high CBD low THC indica strain but that might be something to look into since indica strains are considered to be more of a nighttime strain, although if the CBD addresses the anxiety that might take care of your sleep issues. Feel free to PM any questions.
Look up. Organigram has the Solstice blend which is about 11% CBD and <1% THC. It's a great strain for anxiety.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #130
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I've had insomnia for 12+ plus years which I was originally able to overcome with Trazodone. Decided I wanted to get off of a pharmaceutical so when I stopped the Trazodone, the insomnia returned. To be clear, my problem is with staying asleep. Fall asleep very easily but can wake up two hours later and be done for the night.

I've been taking Cannimed's high THC, low CBD oil and it has done wonders for me. I take .6 ml when I go to bed and it does the trick for me. When I do wake up in the middle of the night, I fall back to sleep quite easily/quickly. At no time when I've woken up early have I felt high. In my case, at least, I've been able to overcome my issue without having to get high.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #131
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

All depends on who you have for a Licensed Producer?

I would avoid high THC Sativa's, another good clue is anything with the word "haze" in it will propbably not be good for anxiety.

Aurora has a strain called Cannatonic that is 12.1% CBD and .48% THC

As for the ingestion method, anything you swallow will take quite a bit longer to take effect, and will last much longer. A good dosing practice is Start Low and Go Slow with edibles and for regular flower too depending on your past experience with marijuana
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #132
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I would recommend Canopy Growth as an LP. They have multiple brands, so if you get a prescription to one you get access to all their strains. When I last looked they had over 40.

For high CBD there is bud, oil and capsule options (capsules are great because they look like fish oil so if you take during the day around co-workers etc it's pretty inconspicuous).
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:35 PM   #133
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Anyone tried CBD for arthritis?

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #134
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCan_Kid View Post
Look up. Organigram has the Solstice blend which is about 11% CBD and <1% THC. It's a great strain for anxiety.
It will also out you to sleep in 90 mins or less.. Good for people who have insomnia. No high whatsoever. That can be a positive or a negative depending on what floats a person's boat.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #135
WCan_Kid
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
It will also out you to sleep in 90 mins or less.. Good for people who have insomnia. No high whatsoever. That can be a positive or a negative depending on what floats a person's boat.
Going to affect everyone a little differently I guess, but it definitely does not put either of us to sleep. It's the daytime strain for my wife when being high isn't really the goal. It's not really whatever floats your boat, either, when you're actually using as medication. Assuming that getting high is the goal really detracts from the idea of marijuana as a legitimate alternative to pills.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #136
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Ingestion is always going to be the slowest way to take cannabis.

Using vape pens for cannabis is, in my estimation, the best way to consume the product. No smell, no mess, no delayed effects, convenience is second to none.

I have my card for, among other things, anxiety as well - that's a tough one for a lot of people because they're conditioned to think cannabis is for Aids, cancer or glaucoma. And peope used to ask me "do you really have anxiety?".

*Deep breath* "...not anymore".

Also, marijuana is infinitely safer as a sleep aid than an actual sleeping pill. Even if you're not a huge fan of the high feeling, smoke an indica over 18% and have a good sleep.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #137
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Going to affect everyone a little differently I guess, but it definitely does not put either of us to sleep. It's the daytime strain for my wife when being high isn't really the goal. It's not really whatever floats your boat, either, when you're actually using as medication. Assuming that getting high is the goal really detracts from the idea of marijuana as a legitimate alternative to pills.
I know this may sound shocking to you but there are some who use cannabis as medicine AND also enjoy the feeling of being high from time to time.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #138
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
The weirdest part about marijuana is this thought process... that pharmaceutical pills don't "get you high". BS. That's why I went the marijuana route to begin with. Also why I don't understand why everyone's freaked out about potentially baked people driving, when you all probably passed someone on the road today who had taken T3s, or Adavan, or Percosets.

Anyways, hopes it works out. It can alleviate all kinds of symptoms.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:17 AM   #139
WCan_Kid
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
I know this may sound shocking to you but there are some who use cannabis as medicine AND also enjoy the feeling of being high from time to time.
lol. You couldn't be further from reality with that comment. Too baked to note what I was replying to?

"I'm looking for a high CBD strain because I'm not a big fan of the "high" feeling but I'm wondering would ingesting oil work as quickly as vaporizing or would it be a slower most elongated effect ?"

Maybe some don't want to be high all the time and yet still want the benefits. Finding bud that will get you high isn't really that hard, finding strains that do what was asked is a little more difficult.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:32 AM   #140
WCan_Kid
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
The weirdest part about marijuana is this thought process... that pharmaceutical pills don't "get you high". BS. That's why I went the marijuana route to begin with. Also why I don't understand why everyone's freaked out about potentially baked people driving, when you all probably passed someone on the road today who had taken T3s, or Adavan, or Percosets.

Anyways, hopes it works out. It can alleviate all kinds of symptoms.
Uh yeah, not at all what I was saying though. Unfortunately the stigma surrounding weed does still exist and having people question why you'd want a strain that doesn't get you high kind of perpetuates it.