Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #41
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We really need to get on this for the kid. She needs something for pain relief that isn't morphine/percocet. We definitely want a high CBD because she is not at all fond of the THC high. I've had an old back injury flare up and tried an edible for pain relief, having never before tried marijuana in any form. The few people I spoke with who use recreationally encouraged me to "enjoy that first high because there's never anything like it again." Well, I absolutely hated it. I did find some pain relief which was welcome, but beyond that, I was not fond, LOL. This is the kid's issue as well, she really hates how the THC makes her feel aside from the pain relief she gets if she smokes it. But smoking is not optimal for her so she rarely does it. She has tried edibles in the past but again, did not like the feeling. I came away feeling like I'd rather just deal with what I don't like about T3s or Percocet. What troubles us most, for the kid, is the chance of addiction/dependency on the prescribed narcotics which is the entire point of trying medical marijuana. I guess the trouble is going to be finding which strain or oil or whatever, works best, with the least amount of disliked other "side effects."
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #42
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Minnie: Look into CBD compounds and tinctures. They have absolutely none of the "high" and all of the pain relief/anti-inflammatory you would be looking for.
Lanny'sDaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 01:19 PM   #43
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
We really need to get on this for the kid. She needs something for pain relief that isn't morphine/percocet. We definitely want a high CBD because she is not at all fond of the THC high. I've had an old back injury flare up and tried an edible for pain relief, having never before tried marijuana in any form. The few people I spoke with who use recreationally encouraged me to "enjoy that first high because there's never anything like it again." Well, I absolutely hated it. I did find some pain relief which was welcome, but beyond that, I was not fond, LOL. This is the kid's issue as well, she really hates how the THC makes her feel aside from the pain relief she gets if she smokes it. But smoking is not optimal for her so she rarely does it. She has tried edibles in the past but again, did not like the feeling. I came away feeling like I'd rather just deal with what I don't like about T3s or Percocet. What troubles us most, for the kid, is the chance of addiction/dependency on the prescribed narcotics which is the entire point of trying medical marijuana. I guess the trouble is going to be finding which strain or oil or whatever, works best, with the least amount of disliked other "side effects."
Aurora has Cannatonic which is about 0.60% thc but about 14% cbd, an edible oil from that strain might help you
Old 10-30-2016, 01:24 PM   #44
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Have any of you travelled outside of Canada with your Canadian prescribed marijuana? Whats been your experience in terms of border crossings or law enforcement in other jurisdictions?
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #45
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

A friend works for Tweed (is also a patient). They merged with a company called Bedrocan. Bedrocan has been making medicinal quality for 20 years (Netherlands). He said they're known as best in terms of medical quality and consistency. Together they have most selection.

www.bedrocan.ca
www.tweed.com
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #46
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Exactly, and that's the beauty of this technique especially when using indica strains. It's not hard on your lungs or anything, and you'll be good for at least eight to twelve hours on one dose. Also it doesn't seem to hit your head as much, it's more of a body buzz which is great for chronic pain conditions
Yep. Very much a body buzz.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #47
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
Aurora is great, stock a little low at the moment. They had LA Confidential a month ago, was soo good! just under 26%
I ended up going with MedReleaf, it was between that or Aurora in my final two. Any experience with them before?

Last edited by Sainters7; 10-30-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #48
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

The point is that people have the perception of marijuana being inherently evil due to years of campaigns by the anti-marijuana crowd to paint it that way.

In reality it is much different. And it is strange that people so easily have bought into thinking it is so evil.
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 04:21 PM   #49
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Have any of you travelled outside of Canada with your Canadian prescribed marijuana? Whats been your experience in terms of border crossings or law enforcement in other jurisdictions?
I wouldn't recommend even telling the border guard you are a medical marijuana patient let alone try to bring it out of Canada.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #50
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Well T3 might be a better choice in certain circumstances (short term relief) but not for chronic pain. MM is tool in the tool box but it's not some miracle drug either.
I would actually argue that it is. Treats an incredibly wide array of conditions, can be administered in many various methods, natural, non-patented, cheap to produce, non-addictive, impossible to OD on, mild side effects, and poses no complications with other medications. If you look at all the drugs and medicines that we have made over the last hundred years, it seems to me that weed is indeed a miracle drug given that we never had to do anything other than pick it and smoke it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #51
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
The point is that people have the perception of marijuana being inherently evil due to years of campaigns by the anti-marijuana crowd to paint it that way.

In reality it is much different. And it is strange that people so easily have bought into thinking it is so evil.
How many people under 60 really think that? This isn't 1985 anymore.

Most adults in Canada today have personal experience with pot. They don't think it's evil. However, most don't think it's absolutely benign either, the way some marijuana advocates like to pretend. It has its downsides and its risks, like any other drug. And most adults in Canada have experience with the downside, usually through people they know who have become chronic potheads.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #52
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has been one of the most useful sites for trying to determine what effects, both positive AND negative and what conditions each strain treats.

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring

This is quite possibly the single most comprehensive compilation of all the strains and their effects anywhere. I highly suggest starting your searches here.
Lanny'sDaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #53
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I certainly don't want to compare my relatively minor ailments to those who suffer from serious chronic and debilitating pain, however I have used marijuana for pain relief for when I had dental problems and it helps so well.

I find it also helps with general digestion problems.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:28 PM   #54
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry if this thread reads a bit funny, I merged the two existing threads and moved some other posts.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2016, 11:39 PM   #55
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I ended up going with MedReleaf, it was between that or Aurora in my final two. Any experience with them before?
Aurora is same day shipping and very good quality but their stock is low at the moment. Ive had LA confidential, sour diesel and LSD and they were awesome
Old 10-31-2016, 09:41 AM   #56
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I wouldn't recommend even telling the border guard you are a medical marijuana patient let alone try to bring it out of Canada.
Agreed, at the border be dressed clean cut and look professional, regardless of what you have with you. Border cops are tense these days and will make snap judgements so don't risk it.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:00 AM   #57
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Definitely don't try to take it over the border. It's federally illegal there and still considered a Schedule 1 drug which puts it in with meth and cocaine. It doesn't matter if you have a prescription or not because transporting over a border is a federal crime and doesn't fall under any state legislation, even if the state you are going to is ok with medical marijuana.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:02 AM   #58
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

The border issues have been talked about a lot here in Windsor for obvious reasons. US Customs have turned back people for just having a medical card. It's definitely not something you can bring over the border to the US.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:10 AM   #59
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
The border issues have been talked about a lot here in Windsor for obvious reasons. US Customs have turned back people for just having a medical card. It's definitely not something you can bring over the border to the US.
It's also worth mentioning that despite the fact most people now use edibles or vapourizers for pain management, apparently insurance companies will still consider you a "smoker" if you are prescribed MM. Which is stupid and totally unfair, and just one more reason to keep buying under the table.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:44 AM   #60
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I would actually argue that it is. Treats an incredibly wide array of conditions, can be administered in many various methods, natural, non-patented, cheap to produce, non-addictive, impossible to OD on, mild side effects, and poses no complications with other medications. If you look at all the drugs and medicines that we have made over the last hundred years, it seems to me that weed is indeed a miracle drug given that we never had to do anything other than pick it and smoke it
If you have spent anytime around group homes and alternate schools you'll soon realize weed is very addictive for some.
About 20% of my foster kids are unable to function without smoking up, they're not particularly functional on it either unfortunately.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote