Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #81
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Care to expand on that?
It commonly means "laugh out loud"
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #82
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Part of me thinks this is ridiculous, but another part of me thinks the more the waters around race get muddied the better since it's a stupid and largely arbitrary concept anyway.
It's funny how a post-racial world used to be a progressive ideal, but now it's not. Now it's considered a threat.

For example, I post on a board for speculative fiction writers. The issue of portraying race in the future came up, and I suggested that given enough time - maybe as little as 200 years - racial identity will disappear as humanity mingles to the point where nothing remains of what we consider the distinct racial identities of our species. This was an unappealing theory to some of the progressives on the board, who prefer to posit futures where distinct races live in a world of tolerant diversity. The paradox is that there will eventually be no need for tolerant diversity (when it comes to race) unless conservative prohibitions against miscegenation persist.

Just another realm where the far left is a mirror image of the far right.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #83
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

From now on I am self identifying as a house plant.... underGRADFicus from now on please.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #84
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

From r/blackpeopletwitter
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #85
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"The Spokane mayor, David Condon, and the city council president, Ben Stuckart, said on Wednesday that Dolezal and two others should remove themselves from the five-member commission after an independent investigation found they had acted improperly and violated government rules.

The report said the evidence and interviews confirmed workplace harassment allegations and “a pattern of misconduct” by Dolezal, the chairwoman and commissioners Kevin Berkompas and Adrian Dominguez.

The city hired lawyers in May to investigate whistleblower and workplace harassment complaints."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mbudsman-board

"Spokane Police took possession of the envelope and dusted for fingerprints. Investigators then went back to the Rosewood post office where the NAACP gets its mail in a locked box.

Postal workers told detectives the envelope had not been canceled, time stamped or imprinted with the bar code that directs mail to the right destination. According to the police report, the postal inspector told detectives, "The only way this letter could have ended up in this P.O. box would be if it was placed there by someone with a key to that box or a USPS employee."

Police then interviewed the three postal employees who put mail in post office boxes and none of them remember seeing the envelope. They all said they've never seen mail end up in a box without the barcode. All three said, at the very least, they would have canceled the stamps

The detective wrote, "I have no reason to believe any of these employees were involved in putting the letters in this post office box."

Customers who rent post office boxes are given two keys; the locks are changed every time the box changes hands.

The police investigation continues. Detectives found no usable prints on the envelope or the materials inside. They submitted DNA, which belongs to a male, but does not match any DNA in regional criminal databases."

http://www.kxly.com/news/local-news/...0568/176695574

"The NAACP official who today resigned in the face of evidence that she masqueraded as black once sued Howard University for denying her teaching posts and a scholarship because she was a white woman, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, who headed the NAACP’s Spokane, Washington chapter, sued Howard for discrimination in 2002, the year she graduated from the historically black college with a Master of Fine Arts degree."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...lawsuit-786451

"Rachel Dolezal's truth-twisting apparently began before the child of white parents publicly declared herself a black woman.
Dolezal’s marriage ended with her ex-husband accusing her of lying and poisoning his relationship with their son Franklin, according to divorce documents obtained by the Daily News.

In a 2005 note to Dolezal, estranged spouse Kevin Moore said she made some strange comments to the three-year-old boy.
“He mentioned that you stated something ... about ‘handcuffs’ and something about ‘me never seeing him again,’” Moore wrote. “He also stated that you said I have ‘monsters’ in my house.”

The Montana-born Dolezal, 37, filed for divorce from her African-American husband in 2004. “I hate to think you may be just sitting at home thinking of bad and erroneous things to say about me to Franklin,” Moore wrote to his ex-wife."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2257590

Last edited by ToewsFan; 04-10-2017 at 02:15 AM.
ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #86
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

She doesn't seem like someone who's race confused as much as she's a practiced liar and attention speaker and a generally unpleasant person.

I hate people who try to turn their kid against their other parent.

She clearly needs a hug and some therapy and maybe a curse that makes her nose grow everytime she lies.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: