Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #141
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Not sure what you mean. I was asking if it was reviewed.
I was just asking if you knew the rule, since I don't? It looks like it was over the upright, not inside it.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #142
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Messam seals it for the Stamps.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #143
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's the ballgame.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #144
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch in the grey cup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #145
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

If the ball is kicked high enough, where they show the ball being 'above' the upright, it could be at the 2 and then well wide at the goal line. That angle is inconclusive on plays like that.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #146
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I was just asking if you knew the rule, since I don't? It looks like it was over the upright, not inside it.
Yeah I'm not sure either. I would assume if it was determined to have gone directly over, it would be the same as hitting it.

It probably wasn't good, I'm just surprised there was no booth review. I assume that means it isn't reviewable.

Moot point anyway. Game over.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #147
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, if these two teams meet again this season, it will be in the Grey Cup. I'd be okay with that.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:00 PM   #148
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bo went with the veterans after that Ottawa's TD. Durant made a great catch on the throw. It looks like it was going over but Durant made a great effort in grabbing the ball.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:01 PM   #149
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fun game. Doubt the coaches feel that way, some work to do on O, D and the teams.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:08 PM   #150
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just saw the score on that TSN scrolling message. They have Redblacks 43 Stampeders 39.. Seriously??? LOL
Old 06-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #151
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
If the ball is kicked high enough, where they show the ball being 'above' the upright, it could be at the 2 and then well wide at the goal line. That angle is inconclusive on plays like that.
No way to tell from the camera angle they were showing whether it's way inside the post, right over the upright, or way outside.

I'll trust the call of the ref who was standing right underneath that goal post.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:16 PM   #152
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
I just saw the score on that TSN scrolling message. They have Redblacks 43 Stampeders 39.. Seriously??? LOL
Still haven't corrected it.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:33 PM   #153
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Rod Black wistfully runs the TSN ticker perhaps?
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #154
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I thought I was watching a video game.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #155
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thought the game started a bit slow and felt the Redblacks had the edge early on, even though the score tilted in favour of the Stamps. Trevor Harris was really on with his receivers - moreso than BLM early on - although Bo started connecting later in the second half when the scoring started to go back and forth. I think he only had something like 125 passing yards half way thru the 3rd quarter. Secondary and special teams coverage seemed to have lots of holes, Ottawa was allowed too many big plays. Got the win, but lots of work to do on D.

The missed point after for Ottawa when it was 43-39 was a bit of a puzzle at the game - no announcement that it was under review - fans were sort just left guessing until the players lined up for the kickoff.

Nice evening for football. The number of empty seats was disappointing. I think it would be a stretch to say there were 25000 actual fans in attendance. Probably several thousand less. And I think beer prices went up too.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:33 PM   #156
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a great time I had at the game. Great weather, exciting game. Having moved from Calgary many years ago, this was first Stamps home game in quite some time and it was excellent. Loved the atmosphere.

I get that McMahon is way past its prime, but it had no impact on my enjoyment of the game. It gets the job done.

Stamps defense was sloppy and gave up tons of yards and big plays. BLM made some poor throws but was money with the game on the line.

Better figure out an answer for Paredes. He could cost them a championship.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #157
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's one of the craziest and best football games I've seen in a while, regardless of league. Unreal at our scouts' ability to keep unearthing offensive weapons, the sustained depth over the years is impressive
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:06 AM   #158
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Damn I love the CFL! What a great game to watch, let alone be at! Great win. I'm sure that is a preview of the Grey Cup once again, and I'm very ok with that.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #159
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't sound like Dave Dickenson were happy with the way the Stamps played even though they won. I thought they were sloppy too overall.

GOOD:
MLB Alex Singleton - he was a beast all night. He recovered the fumble for a touchdown earlier in the game unfortunately the play was ruled as incomplete pass so TD was not count. He was also responsible on another fumble return for a touchdown in the 2nd half when he hit Lavoie so hard that Lavoie fumbled the ball after the catch. LB Maleki Harris recovered the ball for a TD.

Micah Johnson and the rest of the DLine. Micah Johnson sacked twice and pressured him all night. Charleston Hughes also had a sack. Unfortunately the DLine got banged up. Bryan Hall, James Vaughters and Kashawn Fraser all went down during the game. Not sure of the extent of the injury.

Receivers Kamar Jorden and Lamar Durant both had a ggod night.

Rookies R Michel(first TD catch in his first catch on 1st game in the CFL), RB Terry Williams(good job filling in for Finch return job) and Tunde Adeleke(punt return for a TD) plus Andrew Buckley(50 yards 3-down gamble TD)

BAD:
Secondary - Joe Burnett got picked on and burned a few times by Trevor Harris. Can't wait for Brandon Smith to come back or even maybe Stamps should give Patrick Levels a try again and return Burnett on his usual SAM position. Secondary were just awful all night.

Special team coverage - it's been a long time since I've seen the Stamps cover team gave up tons of yardages on the return.

Kicker Rene Paredes. Missed a couple of convert and a field goal attempt I believed. Paredes also had a slow start last season missing some FG the first 3 or 4 games. I hope a slow start is not becoming a norm for Paredes or else he might find an unemployment if this keeps up. I like Paredes and I really think he'll bounce back soon. Right now I can't even trust him to kick a field goal.

Shane Bergman leaving the game due to injury. Like I mentioned earlier, Several DLine got banged up during the game. Bryan Hall, KeShawn Fraser and Vaughters.

I am sure they will clean up their game in Winnipeg against the Bombers next Friday.