Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #161
Scoreface
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think the Hawks know where it is. Bruins know how to get it.

Canucks and their fans: Rejoice tonight. Dumbfounded and tearful in May. #Priceless.

Last edited by Scoreface; 12-14-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Scoreface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #162
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

So after Hughson fellates Torts for giving the Canucks days off and goes on for a minute about such great coaching that'd never been done before, Simpson chimes in and says that under the CBA you have to give days off and you have to pick them the month before, totally marginalizing Hughson comments.
And now Hughson wants to give Tortorella a star.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #163
herashak
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

kinda want us to trade cammy to the nucks for a first and have them knocked out in the first round. really dont see the nucks making much noise playoff time
herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #164
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season high point for the Canucks. Sadly for them the team they may end up battling for a playoff spot - Phoenix has only played 11 games against the East while the Canucks have now played 18.

This is also going to be the Flames downfall for draft positioning... still have a ton of East games left to rake up points (7-3-2 against the East so far)

Last edited by PeteMoss; 12-14-2013 at 10:48 PM.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #165
Scoreface
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Season high point for the Canucks. Sadly for them the team they may end up battling for a playoff spot - Phoenix has only played 11 games against the East while the Canucks have now played 18.

This is also going to be the Flames downfall for draft positioning... still have a ton of East games left to rake up points (7-3-2 against the East so far)
They won't do so great the rest of this trip, so I wouldn't worry about that. And after Burke deals most of their upcoming UFA's, the rest of the East will be licking their chops playing the Flames. I don't see equal value coming back in said trades to bolster their roster. Otherwise, no point in trading. Plus the long grind of the season on a team that needs to give 110% to eek out a win or just stay competitive most nights will take its toll.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #166
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lack is an odd fellow.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #167
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can't believe Iginla came back after that injury...one tough dude

12 13 14 2 34
Reign of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reign of Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #168
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun:

Quote:
Kesler on Marchand kissing his ring: "Obviously no class."
And Brad Marchand's response was he did the ring kissing taunt after Ryan Kesler was eye-gouging him.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #169
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Julien didn't like what Marchand did, said he was going to talk to him

was fully supportive of Thornton slew footing and knocking a guy on the ground out last week though...
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #170
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can't believe Kesler tried to celebrate after that fight. What a tool. Iginla had him at his mercy and the refs intervened to save Kesler. Iginla was about to finish a fight that Kesler started cause he got rocked by iginla... Absolutely ridiculous that the refs intervened at all just because Kesler didn't have his jersey tied down.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #171
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can't believe Iggy got back into the game with that injury ....nasty
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #172
Meers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well, I think Boston got a sense tonight of just how much stronger the Western Conference is this year.

And, heck, the Canucks are just middle of the pack and were playing the second night of a back to back.

The East's only hope for a cup this season is if the Western Conference teams beat themselves senseless during the playoffs - which, I suppose, could very well happen.
Meers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #173
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meers View Post
Well, I think Boston got a sense tonight of just how much stronger the Western Conference is this year.

And, heck, the Canucks are just middle of the pack and were playing the second night of a back to back.

The East's only hope for a cup this season is if the Western Conference teams beat themselves senseless during the playoffs - which, I suppose, could very well happen.
Playing Edmonton doesn't really count as back to back.....
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #174
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It's one game.

If you are trying to suggest that the 'middle of the pack' Nucks are better than the Bruins simply because they beat them tonight, well good luck to you.

The east is weak to be sure, but that doesn't include the Bruins
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #175
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
@Real_ESPNLeBrun:

And Brad Marchand's response was he did the ring kissing taunt after Ryan Kesler was eye-gouging him.
Strange for a guy who couldn't spell class to suggest someone else doesn't have any
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #176
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post

I'm not so sure they'll have any sort of decent finish. Think about post trade deadline Flames
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #177
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:

This was not a healthy B's team. Beyond the injuries, the flu has been going through the team. See Rask on the bench? He had no colour. His replacement played like Joey MacDonald. Chara was not himself, pretty error prone. I think it was Reilly that was told to stay at the hotel but showed up and dressed anyway.

Very disappointed that the refs saved Kesler. He asked Iggy and should have seen it through.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #178
Scoreface
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

I think I echo some other posters sentiments when I say last night was practice for them. Oh, and that powerhouse Canuck team seems more like an Eastern Conference team than anything. The Canucks took advantage of a depleted Bruins roster who doesn't get quite as ramped up for this kind of game as those darlings.

You do have one thing half right. The Canucks will get beaten senseless in the playoffs. It just won't be themselves doing it.

Edit: I feel like I'm on the TSN comments page! Oh well, it's OOT with a hated team playing and it's late Sat nite.

Last edited by Scoreface; 12-15-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #179
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Canuck players have no class. Garbage team for garbage fans. Good thing they won. We wouldn't want another riot.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:31 AM   #180
Super Nintendo Chalmers
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
See Rask on the bench? He had no colour.
He's a hockey player. That's about as much colour as you can expect.

Kesler going after Iginla is not needed. It was a clean hit.

Marchand is a punk but 30 teams out of 30 would take him any day.

There may be some baggage between the two teams but, in the end, this was a game in mid-December.
Super Nintendo Chalmers is offline   Reply With Quote