Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #21
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if this is everywhere, or just the one Red Deer location I went to, but heads up that it might be dine-in only. I had to back out of the drive-thru, and then when I went in they told me I had to eat the burgers there.

The employee I dealt with sympathized with the customer and gave me my order to go, but I saw a lot of people dining in just to get the deal.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:06 PM   #22
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got them via drive-thru down in Walden.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:15 PM   #23
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crack Mac's wasn't that busy. Line up was long but it went quick. Only a 10 minute wait. Limit of three per person but the cashier let me order six via two transactions. I ate all six in less than 15 minutes. Yummy!
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #24
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are they still the same burger where the only topping is ketchup, mustard and some onions a raccoon crapped out?
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #25
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Stopped by the High River location and grabbed a couple. Manager there said they had sold over 1,600 burgers by 6PM. They were also in a competition with the locations in Okotoks for burgers sold and said they were winning by a good margin.

Last edited by Dion; 08-16-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #26
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Stopped by the High River location and grabbed a couple. Manager there said they had sold over 1,600 burgers by 6PM. They were also in a competition with the locations in Okotoks for burgers sold and said they were winning by a good margin.
"No one wins a poo eating contest". - KTrain

Last edited by troutman; 08-17-2017 at 09:34 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2017, 11:03 PM   #27
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Huuuge line-up at Northland Wal-Mart.

I note the McDonalds in the lot at Northland is being torn down?
Oh wow...that seriously brings a tear to my eye that I'll never go there again. That was the McDonalds of my childhood, junior high, and highschool years. I have pictures of birthdays there when I was like 6.

Bought 3 today at the Franklin one. Wait was 25 minutes.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:35 PM   #28
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Oh wow...that seriously brings a tear to my eye that I'll never go there again. That was the McDonalds of my childhood, junior high, and highschool years. I have pictures of birthdays there when I was like 6.
Heh, I worked at the Northland location from 94-98, even ran the Walmart satellite store for a bit. The biggest #### show I remember was a promo for 25 cent hamburgers that lasted for 4 days. This was back in the day where they microwaved the food in the Q'ing ovens (Q for Quality.....) During this promo we started making hamburgers at 6am, cooked em, wrapped em, and put them in the bun trays. When it came time to sell, we grabbed them from the 4 hour old bun tray, nuked em, and sold them. Disgusting. Safe to say I stayed far away from the burger promo today, not only was it a #### show for the food, but it was a #### show for the employees as well. I don't want to be a part of their worst day ever....
Roast Beef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #29
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I think I saw a sign saying they were renovating it, not closing it down.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #30
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

https://www.facebook.com/CalgaryPoli...JvqlYY&fref=nf

Officers were in a northeast Calgary mall on an unrelated call when they noticed people screaming and fleeing from the McDonald’s within the Walmart just after 6 p.m. last night. One witness told officers that a man was brandishing what appeared to be a gun.

Four patrol officers conducted a rapid intervention into the area. Upon arrival officers saw one man pinning another man against a wall in an attempt to wrestle the gun away from him.

The Good Samaritan, a 28-year-old man, had been eating in the restaurant when he witnessed the man reach into a bag and remove a gun that he believed might be an AR-15 rifle. Officers were able to safely take the suspect into custody without further incident.

Following the arrest a search revealed a small quantity of crack cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin and marijuana in his possession. Although designed to look real, the gun was later determined to be a paintball gun.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #31
CKPThunder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

My parents who go to that McDonalds weekly have told me that the restaurant is getting renovated and will be open in December.
CKPThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CKPThunder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #32
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I was going to post pretty much the same thing. Rip northland McDonalds.

edit: didn't see CKPThunder's post.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote