Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Jersey Question for Playoffs (18th Edition)

I know there are a ton of jersey questions, but I couldn't really find the answer I wanted.

My question is this: I want a Giroux Philly home jersey and I want it now. Who would get me it the fastest? I went everywhere in Calgary (well mostly) and no one has Giroux jerseys. If I want one custom lettered for me I can, but they have to send it off to get stitched (they can do it pressed in store, but I don't want that).

Who has been the quickest in the past or who do you recommend? Thanks.

Guys on eBay say it would take 2-3 weeks to ship it plus the 3 days to customize it.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Did you try pro hockey life and river city sports? They are both pretty good and might have em. Giroux is a popular one so should be available! (Jersey City as well)
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
Did you try pro hockey life and river city sports? They are both pretty good and might have em. Giroux is a popular one so should be available! (Jersey City as well)
Cleaned out. They have normal Philly home jersey's, but I know Pro Hockey Life had to have them sent out to get them stitched (which I assume would take a while).

Jersey City didn't even have Philly jerseys at all.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When I was at Pro Hockey Life in Edmonton they sold the letters and numbers of individual players for you to put on the jersey. For example they sold "IGINLA", one large number 1, one large number 2, and two smaller number 1's and 2's, all in the same style you would find on a normal numbered and lettered Flames jersey. Check to see if they sell Giroux, if not ask if they have the individual letters and numbers and just do it yourself.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I think if he doesn't want the store (who does this all the time) to heat press the numbers and letters; that also means he doesn't want to try it himself for the first time.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i'd look in the phone book as i would assume that there is a apparel place in calgary that could do this for you - maybe a place like best cap?
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
Batman
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Try footballfanatics.com

http://www.footballfanatics.com/NHL_...ersey_-_Orange__-

They shipped my Christmas orders in 3 days. I ordered on Sunday, everything arrived Thursday.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
meanmachine13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Have you tried Adrenaline Source For Sports on Macleod Trail South and 90th ave?

They had quite a few when I was in their last week.

River City Sports takes about 4-6 weeks.
Jersey City takes about 4+ weeks.

You could also try to pick up one of those lettering kits (pro hockey life sells them) and take it to Silverback near 16th ave NE and Barlow Trail and see if he can sew it on for you. He does custom hockey team jerseys but I dont think he has official lettering so you would have to get that elsewhere.
meanmachine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Have you looked on your wagon for a Giroux jersey?

But seriously, I would say your SOL unless a store happens to have some Giroux jersies still in stock. Whether you get a blank one from Jersey City, River, Pro Hockey, etc etc you could probably expect to wait 3 weeks at all places.

Does a place like Tuxedo Source for Sports sell jersies? It's been a while since I've been there. Maybe you'll luck out there.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I think if he doesn't want the store (who does this all the time) to heat press the numbers and letters; that also means he doesn't want to try it himself for the first time.
I forgot to add, these are not heat pressed plastic numbers, these are the same things they put on the back of real NHL jerseys. Stitching and everything.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachine13 View Post
Have you tried Adrenaline Source For Sports on Macleod Trail South and 90th ave?

They had quite a few when I was in their last week.

River City Sports takes about 4-6 weeks.
Jersey City takes about 4+ weeks.

You could also try to pick up one of those lettering kits (pro hockey life sells them) and take it to Silverback near 16th ave NE and Barlow Trail and see if he can sew it on for you. He does custom hockey team jerseys but I dont think he has official lettering so you would have to get that elsewhere.
Well I checked out adrenalin and try had some winter classic's which I want, but only in small or medium. no name either. Thanks for the tip though. I will keep checking the rest of Calgary though.