Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:
Question Help! Good DVD Slide Show Software?

I just got back about a week ago from an amazing vacation with some family and friends and i want to make a DVD slideshow with the photos... The only criteria I need is that I want to be able to manually arrange the photos, I would like it to automatically do the transitions or have a transition filter I can apply to the whole thing, and I would like to have control over when exactly different songs will come in. For example, it was a cruise, and I would like Red Red Wine by Bob Marley to kick in on the day that we stopped in Jamaica.

Any suggestions?
alltherage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
MolsonInBothHands
First Line Centre

Exp:

I use ProShow Gold. Very easy to work with.
MolsonInBothHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I couldn't find one that worked as I wanted it to, so I snuck into work one weekend and did a vacation dvd on a Mac right from iphoto. Super easy stuff. I really enjoyed using it.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

ProShow Gold is quite good. If you have Windows Vista it should come with Windows Movie Maker which is capable of doing what you're looking for. I think there is a version that you can download for Windows XP as well. The only real flaw I found with it is that it won't let you change the duration of multiple slides at the same time. You can set a default value before you start adding slides, but once they have been created you need to change them one at a time.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

ProShow is awesome, thank you so much! Anyone have good reccomendations for slide show music? I want kind of a american/country/rock theme for most of it... not COUNTRY country, but like mellincamp, stones, ccr, etc.

Thanks in advance!
alltherage is offline   Reply With Quote