Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #461
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
The only thing I supplement my DDPYoga is with is cardio, usually 3-4 times a week. Aim to do DDPYoga 5-6 times a week. I had back issues and needed the low impact workout. Usually try to do an hour of cardio in the AM with an hour + of DDPYoga in the evening when I'm doubling up.
Haha, the cardio was what I was hoping to substitute it for. I'm finding that running can still kind of jar my head and give me headaches.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #462
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're still getting headaches when you run, you need to stop running.

Don't mess with a concussion.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #463
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yup one of the biggest back to action protocols is if you start getting a headache doing physical activity you cease all physical activity for 24 to 48 hours, you also stop using cellphones, computers and T.V. for the same period of time.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #464
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yup one of the biggest back to action protocols is if you start getting a headache doing physical activity you cease all physical activity for 24 to 48 hours, you also stop using cellphones, computers and T.V. for the same period of time.
My job makes that virtually impossible. I've mostly recovered but I noticed when I ran across the street the other day, I had an immediate headache and I'm still finding myself sensitive to noise.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #465
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
My job makes that virtually impossible. I've mostly recovered but I noticed when I ran across the street the other day, I had an immediate headache and I'm still finding myself sensitive to noise.
I get that, but the use of electronics are a primary cause in the delay in your concussion healing.

If your sensitive to noise and you ran across the street and got a headache you're nowhere near mostly recovered. Go and see your doctor.

He'll tell you to take time away from work and electronics and rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #466
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Haha, the cardio was what I was hoping to substitute it for. I'm finding that running can still kind of jar my head and give me headaches.
Considering riding the bike instead of the treadmill? That's what I did. Pretty low impact as well on a stationary bike.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jar_e For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #467
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I only do DDPYoga for my workouts. I took apart my weight bench and put it and the weights in storage.

I play hockey, but that's playing. My actual workouts are only DDPYoga.

For me, doing DDPYoga is good enough. However, that is just me. Do what you need to do to get what you want out of fitness. My wife mixes up DDPYoga and biking for her workouts. I know of many others who still lift weights. I'm fine with only DDPYoga. If you want, try different things and see what works for you.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2014, 02:37 AM   #468
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to get back into the swing of things. It's been three weeks or more since I worked out. I have been cleared to workout for over a week now. I know I'll get going again but I needed a push. Reading the thread on obesity gave me that push. It reminded me of a few things, one of which is all the positive comments I received at my family reunion last July. I want to receive them again and not from people who didn't make it last year, but from the people who I did see. I want them to tell me I have done a good job keeping in shape. I want to be one of the 5% mentioned in the obesity thread. It's time to once again to Feel the BANG!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #469
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

After a week and a half I already see noticable differences in strength, flexibility and waistline reduction. I didn't expect to see results this fast.

I did BTB last night and worked harder than any of my runs. That was pretty intense.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #470
Guest1

Bought the videos for something for myself and the other half to do together.
Did Diamond Dozen and Energy last night. I can definitely feel it today. I would like to think I'm in pretty good shape, but know I need to work on flexibility and core (as proved last night when I had to do a bunch of modifications). I did RHC this morning and I think it's one that I will add on instead of doing it by itself. I felt I didn't get going long enough for it to be a cardio workout.
You'll have to ask brownah how he likes it.
Or maybe I shouldn't have told anyone he's doing yoga!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #471
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I just started up on Sunday after nearly two months off due to my schedule. I've started with energy and core alternative days.

While I got through the energy workouts, I can tell that my flexibility and strength took a major hit.

I'm back to square one.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #472
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got back into the swing of things for a couple of days, then dealing with a flooding server room got in the way of my schedule, and now I'm working extra hours, after hours, to get stuff down that didn't get done because of flooding server room.

I noticed on my first workout after so many weeks off, that my cardio suffered and my flexibility suffered, but I still felt realy strong.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #473
Guest1

I lost 9 pounds since Monday. I'm sure it's all "water weight", but I'll take it! Went from 155 to 146. I'm doing a combo of diet, DDP and swimming.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #474
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I lost 9 pounds since Monday. I'm sure it's all "water weight", but I'll take it! Went from 155 to 146. I'm doing a combo of diet, DDP and swimming.
Good job! Workouts help but the biggest key to weight loss is a good diet.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #475
Red Vinyl
Draft Pick

I purchased this thing after lurking on CP for a while and seeing that you guys are having success. I'm going to start later today. The only thing I'm going to change about my diet is cutting out all of the pop/soda. Hopefully I experience some good results.
Red Vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Vinyl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #476
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Started doing DDPyoga after reading about it on here. The hardest thing to get used to is not being able to listen to music at the same time as working out, but Page actually does have a positive energy in his approach.

I also found it difficult to work out after a concussion. I was cleared for work, but still can't handle really heavy exertion, and wearing a baseball cap gives me a headache. This made me worried about getting back into shape, but finding this thread offered something I didn't know about before hand, and it really is helping.

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Lime For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2014, 12:42 AM   #477
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good luck on your new journey!

If you have the inner drive to make your workouts work for you, then you'll have no problem seeing success doing DDPYoga. The workouts are enjoyable and motivating so you shouldn't have a problem getting good results.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #478
boosterjuice
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Has anyone tried the new series from Beachbody (maker of p90x, insanity, etc.) called PiYo? It's a combination between pilates and yoga. My wife got it recently and I gave it a try. I really enjoyed it. Way more more movement the DDPyoga so I wasn't as bored and I felt like I got a better workout. However, for those of you recovering from injuries, DDPyoga is still the best choice.
boosterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #479
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I thought I would bump this and see if everyone is still sticking.

I had taken a break from this during the Rage football season because coaching takes up a bunch of time. I started up again at the start of June and have gone 6 days a week since then.

I mostly alternate Fat Burner with Red Hot Core.

Ok, I started doing this in June 2013, since I started I've dropped 60 pounds, my waist size has gone from 48 down to 43.

While I can't say that I've mastered Energy, Red Hot Core or Fat Burner, I'm doing them mostly in the advanced positions (Still working on some of the transistions ie I can do the three legged dog, but the sweep to lunge still isn't cool).

I was thinking that its time to move onto disk two which has Below the belt, Diamond Cutter and Red Hot Core.

I'm assuming Red Hot Core is the same as the one on disk one.

I'm a bit weary of Diamond Cutter, which is a 50 minute workout, to be honest, Fat Burner does get me going. But I'm assuming that Diamond Cutter is a combination of Fat Burner and Below the belt and Energy and Core? Would that be a good assumption?

I was thinking I would try Below the Belt, anyone have any thoughts on that one?
Old 08-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #480
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

I did Energy and Fat Burner back to back before trying Diamond Cutter and it helped. DC is on another level. It's a mix but it's also harder (5 count pushups.. 10 count at the end) I would also do the Mixtape before doing DC, and work that in with energy or Fat Burner eventually.

I can't remember if it was "stand-up" or "below the belt" but it was the first time I had to modify, especially on "broken airplane" but yeah I would try one of those before Diamond Cutter as well...
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to badradio For This Useful Post:

Tags
bang! , ddpyoga , guys do yoga too , not your mama's yoga , yrg