Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #41
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
I had a usb one way back in the day. IIRC it did. Basically the same idea that keeps the carafe warm so no reason they wouldn't. Assuming I'm thinking of the same thing you're talking about.
Pretty much. I was wondering if they got warm enough to accomplish the task. I usually get distracted by something at work, and my coffee gets cold before I finish drinking it.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #42
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Been using this product below to strengthen my healing wrist and forearm and get my muscles back to where they should be.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #43
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perhaps too late for Xmas now, but one of the best things I've bought over the last few years, that I use all the time, is a good flashlight. I think every guy should have a good flashlight.

There are a lot of quality brands out there, but I've found Fenix to be an excellent value for the high-quality that you get. There are lots of various sizes... I personally have a TK-15 and TK-22 and I always carry one in my photo bag, on trips, and have one for various uses around the house. These little things are small, but will make your old Maglites feel like a dinky candle. Amazing amount of light from such a tiny package.

I love these things so much I bought a couple of them as Xmas presents for family. They are not as cheap as lot of crappy flashlights you see at stores, but they are built to last. The sharp bezel is also not a bad sleeper self-defense tool.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #44
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Been using this product below to strengthen my healing wrist and forearm and get my muscles back to where they should be.

How is that for strengthening the wrist ligaments?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #45
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Pffft...

JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #46
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post

[insert] Masturbation joke [/insert]
Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #47
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Perhaps too late for Xmas now, but one of the best things I've bought over the last few years, that I use all the time, is a good flashlight. I think every guy should have a good flashlight.

There are a lot of quality brands out there, but I've found Fenix to be an excellent value for the high-quality that you get. There are lots of various sizes... I personally have a TK-15 and TK-22 and I always carry one in my photo bag, on trips, and have one for various uses around the house. These little things are small, but will make your old Maglites feel like a dinky candle. Amazing amount of light from such a tiny package.

I love these things so much I bought a couple of them as Xmas presents for family. They are not as cheap as lot of crappy flashlights you see at stores, but they are built to last. The sharp bezel is also not a bad sleeper self-defense tool.
That little LED on my cell phone is the best GD flashlight I've ever had. I always have it with me, it's bright enough for every application, and I don't have to carry around anything else. I've wondered if cell phone lights will put the small flashlight industry out of business. I doubt anybody under 30 would every buy one as they've grown up with a flashlight on their phone.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #48
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
That little LED on my cell phone is the best GD flashlight I've ever had. I always have it with me, it's bright enough for every application, and I don't have to carry around anything else. I've wondered if cell phone lights will put the small flashlight industry out of business. I doubt anybody under 30 would every buy one as they've grown up with a flashlight on their phone.
The problem with the cell phone flashlight is setting it up so that it aims at something you are looking at.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #49
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Question - do any of those little coffee mug heating coasters work at all?
Mine sure as heck does. I got one in a Secret Santa here at work and it works almost too well. It's not a USB one, plugs into an outlet so it probably has way more jam.

Kept my coffee nice and hot till it got close to the bottom, then it gets insanely hot. Probably a firehazard too as I don't think it has an auto off feature. Kinda nervous to use it frequently tbh....I'd hate to be "that guy" that burnt down the office.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #50
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesla View Post
The problem with the cell phone flashlight is setting it up so that it aims at something you are looking at.
Perhaps. But it's not like little flashlights come with tripods, either.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #51
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Mine sure as heck does. I got one in a Secret Santa here at work and it works almost too well. It's not a USB one, plugs into an outlet so it probably has way more jam.

Kept my coffee nice and hot till it got close to the bottom, then it gets insanely hot. Probably a firehazard too as I don't think it has an auto off feature. Kinda nervous to use it frequently tbh....I'd hate to be "that guy" that burnt down the office.
You'd hate to be the hero?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #52
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
You can put one of those little mag lights in your mouth while you work on something... try that with your iphone.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #53
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You'd hate to be the hero?
Family owned business, it wouldn't go over well
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #54
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The little flashlight on my iPhone is a great feature, and I use it a ton. However, these Fenix lights are on a totally different planet when it comes to power and coverage. It's like comparing photos taken on a cell phone vs a professional SLR. It's a great tool.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #55
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No ability to put on red filter for tactical ops.

Would not bang
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #56
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
No ability to put on red filter for tactical ops.

Would not bang
Your wife is going to have the same attitude if you don't get your a$$ out there and get her a Christmas present!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #57
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The little fleshlight on my iPhone is a great feature, and I use it a ton. However, these Fenix fleshlights are on a totally different planet when it comes to power and coverage. It's like comparing photos taken on a cell phone vs a professional SLR. It's a great tool.
Read the whole interchange after Fotze-ification and it is humorous.

Would also be the most downloaded app ever. Would probably need an external attachment though.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #58
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
You mean like this? I got a couple of these at Bianca Amor's for a few bucks each.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #59
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Ta-da!

edit: beaten but mine is cooler. I actually have a Joby flashlight similar to this, but it has a rechargeable battery. Very awesome.

Last edited by BloodFetish; 12-24-2013 at 08:50 AM.
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #60
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

lol okay guys, I get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:

Tags
badass , can't afford that , cool , must have