OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 11-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Kristi Hyson
Draft Pick

Excellent listing!!!

Wondering if this Condo is affordable…Below are payment scenarios based on a 5% and 10% down payment, amortized over 30 years, 5 year closed at 3.19% (mortgage amount includes mortgage insurance).

$800,000 Purchase Price
$40,000 down payment @ 5%
$782,420 Total mortgage amount
$3,370 Monthly payment

$800,000 Purchase Price
$80,000 down payment @ 10%
$735,840 Total mortgage amount
$3,169 Monthly payment

Last edited by Kristi Hyson; 05-30-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Updated Rate & Mortgage Information
The Following User Says Thank You to Kristi Hyson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tempting, it would have to be retrofitted with an elevator.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
Tempting, it would have to be retrofitted with an elevator.
You could easily stick one of those chair lifts in!!!
Motivated Sellers!!!

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Hyson View Post
Excellent listing!!!

Wondering if this Condo is affordable…Below are payment scenarios based on a 5% and 10% down payment, amortized over 30 years, 5 year closed at 3.29% (mortgage amount includes mortgage insurance).

$820,000 Purchase Price
$41,000 down payment @ 5%
$801,980 Total mortgage amount
$3,498 Monthly payment

$820,000 Purchase Price
$82,000 down payment @ 10%
$754,236 Total mortgage amount
$3,289 Monthly payment
I really hope that someone that is buying a $820,000 condo can put down substantially more than $82,000. If not it just screams "stupid" to me. The definition of affordable varies depending on what you have in the ol' bank account.

I also have to say, the current owners choice of decor is really not doing any favours for the look of the unit. Especially in a modern building like Pontefino.

Last edited by Bigtime; 05-23-2012 at 07:58 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I mean this trying to help you, not to crap on your listing, but man those photos could be better.

-Flash glaring off the cubboards
-Blinds mostly closed making the room look small
-Drapes closed upstairs and bed left at an odd angle eating the room
-HDR hack job from the winter for the view shot, grab a nice one with the trees in bloom

I think that place would show much nicer in person than the photos (which would be a better alternative to driving all the way to a place where creative photography was done to make a dump look reasonable).
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
I mean this trying to help you, not to crap on your listing, but man those photos could be better.

-Flash glaring off the cubboards
-Blinds mostly closed making the room look small
-Drapes closed upstairs and bed left at an odd angle eating the room
-HDR hack job from the winter for the view shot, grab a nice one with the trees in bloom

I think that place would show much nicer in person than the photos (which would be a better alternative to driving all the way to a place where creative photography was done to make a dump look reasonable).
Oddly enough, this was the listing that really did it for me.
I am going with a photographer who is substantially more expensive but the quality is 10x better.
If the photos for a property I am listing tonight come out like I expect, I will have the pictures re done.
I am also meeting the owner tomorrow to de clutter and store much of the belongings as once again, I agree on the decor comment.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I am going with a photographer who is substantially more expensive but the quality is 10x better.
If the photos for a property I am listing tonight come out like I expect, I will have the pictures re done.
I am also meeting the owner tomorrow to de clutter and store much of the belongings as once again, I agree on the decor comment.

Good stuff, I think some high quality photos, especially for this high end stuff, will really help attract showings. Good luck with the sale!

As a side note, when browsing properties on realtor.ca, I love it when they have an external link to the photos, as realtor.ca is just brutal for how small the photos are. I don't know if many people usually find those links to click them, but I personally really like the external galleries.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
Good stuff, I think some high quality photos, especially for this high end stuff, will really help attract showings. Good luck with the sale!

As a side note, when browsing properties on realtor.ca, I love it when they have an external link to the photos, as realtor.ca is just brutal for how small the photos are. I don't know if many people usually find those links to click them, but I personally really like the external galleries.
I typically do create an external gallery with the originals + all the extras however it was tough to find 20 photos for this listing. Im sure the higher quality photos will allow me to bring back that external album.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
I really hope that someone that is buying a $820,000 condo can put down substantially more than $82,000. If not it just screams "stupid" to me. The definition of affordable varies depending on what you have in the ol' bank account.

I also have to say, the current owners choice of decor is really not doing any favours for the look of the unit. Especially in a modern building like Pontefino.
Well you mentioned both things I was going to say. I also want to note that with taxes ($280/month) and condo fees ($774/month), you'd be looking at an additional $1054/month.

I live in the neighborhood and right now they are doing some work on the corner of the building......

[Edited out for accuracy. See Realtor 1's post below]

Last edited by rd_aaron; 05-25-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I do not think it is fair of you to make remarks like above unless you are giving informative information. Any potential buyer reads that and they get scared off.
In truth, there is not a 7 million dollar SA. There is a 8 million dollar lawsuit against the developer (sandalwood), with numerous others named on the lawsuit.
A special assessment was just paid to cover the work on that corner of the building/engineers reports. This is to gather more evidence for the eventual case. The board is VERY pro active and on top of things. Documentation of problems was made before the home owners warranty was up however nothing was done about it. Based on discussions with numerous owners, no one is concerned about losing the law suit. If/When they win, they have discussed a condo fee vacation as the money they paid into a SA already is not able to be refunded.
I do not know as much about the other building but do believe they are starting to face similar issues. There board is not as pro active so while the building looks nice now with no scaffolding up, it could be a wreck in a short period of time if they do not get on top of things.

**Take the above remarks as my opinion from discussions with owners/reading over numerous documents and a engineers report and not as fact. I will not be held responsible for my comments above.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Just dropped the price 20k

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I do not think it is fair of you to make remarks like above unless you are giving informative information. Any potential buyer reads that and they get scared off.
In truth, there is not a 7 million dollar SA. There is a 8 million dollar lawsuit against the developer (sandalwood), with numerous others named on the lawsuit.
A special assessment was just paid to cover the work on that corner of the building/engineers reports. This is to gather more evidence for the eventual case. The board is VERY pro active and on top of things. Documentation of problems was made before the home owners warranty was up however nothing was done about it. Based on discussions with numerous owners, no one is concerned about losing the law suit. If/When they win, they have discussed a condo fee vacation as the money they paid into a SA already is not able to be refunded.
I do not know as much about the other building but do believe they are starting to face similar issues. There board is not as pro active so while the building looks nice now with no scaffolding up, it could be a wreck in a short period of time if they do not get on top of things.

**Take the above remarks as my opinion from discussions with owners/reading over numerous documents and a engineers report and not as fact. I will not be held responsible for my comments above.
Sorry, I probably shouldn't have posted hearsay without knowing all the information. I have edited my post.
The Following User Says Thank You to rd_aaron For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I see paint roller marks. Also, I have to agree, the photos are not helping the old decor and overall look of the place. The quality makes it look like these were taken in the early 90's.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
I see paint roller marks:

Just wait for the new shots, with furniture re arranged/taken to storage. It will look completely different.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Come to think of it, I saw your sign as you had an open house here last weekend, no? I was wondering what kind of unit it was, but clearly it's this one.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #17
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I had my signs out but my assistant was manning it for the most part as I was at other appointments. The open house was actually for both this unit and the one 6 floors up I have listed.
Most likely going to do it again this weekend (weather pending) and I will be there if you want to swing by and say hi.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 05-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was wondering about the scaffolding and tarps I saw on the building over the last few weeks. Good to hear the board is on top of things and optimistic about winning the lawsuit. However I wouldn't count those chickens until they've hatched...
Old 05-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
I was wondering about the scaffolding and tarps I saw on the building over the last few weeks. Good to hear the board is on top of things and optimistic about winning the lawsuit. However I wouldn't count those chickens until they've hatched...
Unfortunately winning a lawsuit isn't always the same as collecting the money, and building envelope issues have a special kind of expensive about them. But a proactive board is definitely a good thing, and makes those sorts of things less expensive. If I could convince my wife an inner city condo was a good idea I'd come take a look myself.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I can definitely confirm that good quality photos should be worth your cost. During house hunting those first impressions were huge for us, and in this modern age that starts with the web listings. Perhaps it's unfair, but we also judged the caliber of the Realtor by the pics he was willing to list!

If anyone was wondering, we used Travis to buy and were very satisfied with his work.
The Following User Says Thank You to NuclearFart For This Useful Post:

Tags
luxury , pontefino , real estate , realtor