Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #21
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've used PODS, pretty easy breezy. One thing to know is that if you don't have a driveway, you need a city permit to drop it on the street in front of your house. The guy dropping the pod asked to see it before he'd drop it.

Like any delivery service, you can spend a bit of time waiting around as they'll only give you a window of time.

The interior of the pod has rails to tie off to, so I tied the load back every few feet (straps & yellow rope) to keep anything from shifting. Pod came back after a few weeks with nothing out of place.

I've also had a moving company come move all my stuff to a storage warehouse when I was out of the country for a while. Massively more expensive (around $3k) and the dummies didn't tag the crates properly and "lost" track of my stuff for a few days once I moved back.
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #22
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
I've used PODS, pretty easy breezy. One thing to know is that if you don't have a driveway, you need a city permit to drop it on the street in front of your house. The guy dropping the pod asked to see it before he'd drop it.

Like any delivery service, you can spend a bit of time waiting around as they'll only give you a window of time.

The interior of the pod has rails to tie off to, so I tied the load back every few feet (straps & yellow rope) to keep anything from shifting. Pod came back after a few weeks with nothing out of place.

I've also had a moving company come move all my stuff to a storage warehouse when I was out of the country for a while. Massively more expensive (around $3k) and the dummies didn't tag the crates properly and "lost" track of my stuff for a few days once I moved back.
Big thanks for this. It would be nice if they mentioned that before drop off.