Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:
Exclamation CP Mafia 3 - Super Smash Mafia - GAME OVER - Darkness Win!

CP Super Smash Mafia

Evil always finds a way to return.

The world as we know it can't seem to exist without both. It's a delicate balance that can be disrupted at times. Time and time again the forces of the Light have assembled to defeat those monsters who would seek to ruin the lives of so many. It seems like fate has decided that now was the time to again assemble to fight the Darkness, and return that delicate balance to the World.

Welcome to the third edition of CP Mafia! I hope you're all ready for another mind bending round of speculation and second guessing. This will be another role heavy game, so be ready for anything!

If you need general information about anything mafia related, feel free to browse this helpful wiki: http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Main_Page

Alignment and roles of all players was determined by random.org, ie. I gave each player a number, and ran it through the RNG to assign roles. Character name or abilities (if they have any) are NOT indicative of role in all cases. A character who would “fit” as a bad guy could be good, or vice versa. Be careful with your assumptions.

This game isn't all about guessing who someone's "character" or "role" is, that's just flavor. It's a battle of informed minority (Mafia) vs. uninformed majority (Town), and the job of the town is to try picking up on scumtells and lynch the scum. This is how you SHOULD play the game, not trying to metagame the setup (which has been made intentionally tougher to do).

You may roleplay your character if you wish, but it’s not required at all. Roleplaying your character can be fun and spice up the game a bit, so enjoy it as much or as little as you please.

Rules
  • If you need to contact me, use Personal Message (PM) on Calgarypuck. I will receive an email and Tapatalk will push the message to my phone, so I will see it quickly.
  • Absolutely NO talking about the game outside this thread unless you have been specifically told that you can. This means PMs, other forums, Skype, MSN, IRC, ICQ, you name it. Please respect this, as it ruins the game otherwise.
  • I would suggest turning on "Invisible" mode in your User CP (under Edit Options) to prevent people from trying to guess your identity based on what you're viewing in the forums or when you're online.
  • Don’t edit your posts, this is cheating. If you make a mistake, quote your post and fix it in another post.
  • To vote for someone, you must put the vote in bold: ie. Vote: Mazrim or it won’t count. Don’t use bold for anything else unless you have been specifically told otherwise. To cancel your vote (you must do this before changing it to someone else), post Unvote.
  • You cannot quote any PMs I send you in the thread. You cannot quote any outside communications in the thread. Investigation results may be revealed, but you can’t quote the PM to prove it. If you absolutely want to talk about something like this, paraphrase it.
  • Do not post any fake day actions.
  • No "truth or dare" or "Toxx Clause" or metagaming to prove your identity. This includes things like posting screenshots of your profile or saying "I'll eat my pubes if I'm a Mafia." Basically anything outside the thread itself being used to confirm yourself is against the spirit of the game.
  • If you’re not playing or you are killed, you are not allowed to provide advice in any form to the living players. You may post a final message after being killed, but you can’t reveal any information that may assist the living players. Prefix these posts with “-----Dead Post-----
  • Please post at least once per real time day. If you aren’t participating enough I will have to replace you. It’s in the Town’s interest to encourage as much discussion as possible, because otherwise it’s far easier for the Mafia to lay low the entire time.
  • At the start of each day I will post how many votes are required to lynch a player. When that number (the final vote is known as the hammer) is reached, the day is OVER.
  • Do not post after hammer has been reached. Do not post during night phases.
  • If you break these rules, you could be modkilled, which means you are immediately lynched and the day ends. Please don’t let that happen.

Victory Conditions

Town (Light): You are part of the forces of Light, and win when all threats to the Light have been eliminated (even if you lose your life in the process).
Mafia (Darkness): You are part of the forces of Darkness and win when your group gains unassailable dominance over the world (even if you lose your life in the process).

Cardflips and Flavour

Role and alignment will be revealed upon death (also known as a cardflip). No cardflip will contain an explicitly false alignment for the deceased.

Cardflips will be posted approximately 30 minutes after deadline. Hammer functions much like the deadline, and I will post cardflip as close to 30 minutes after hammer as I can.

Flavour is auxiliary and minimal at best. In the event of multiple nightkills, cardflip order will be alphabetized.

Only investigative roles (ie. Cops) will be told if their action fails. If it does, they won’t be told why. You will be able to repeat a one-shot or otherwise limited use investigative action if it fails, but obviously you’re out of luck if you wouldn’t have been informed of the action’s success or failure in the first place.

Special game events will be labeled as such so that no one incorrectly assumes I’m screwing around. Flavour in these events may actually reveal player characters and/or abilities, depending on the conditions they were done in.

Deadlines

Days will last a maximum of 5 real time days and may be extended at my discretion. Nights will last around 24 hours (timing will depend on when the last day ended). Excluding nights, deadlines will always be set for 10:00 PM Mountain Time.

Hammer cannot occur in the first 24 hours of a day. If a majority has been reached sooner than that, the hammer will drop automatically at the 24 hour mark, provided there is still a majority vote. This way days can’t be rushed, giving everyone a fair chance to post.

A majority of votes are needed to hammer someone. More than 1/3rd of the votes is needed for a deadline lynch. If the deadline passes with a tie, there will be sudden death. Any votes not placed on the leaders will be wiped, allowing for a potentially larger pool of players to hammer. If no one hammers within 30 minutes, there will be no lynch. Note that sudden death would push the cardflip up to 11:00 PM Mountain Time.

Good luck!

Players

Victorious:
10. stazzy33 Hockeyguy15 - Link - Member of the Guardians
20. Oling_Roachinen - Captain Falcon - Member of the Guardians

Dead:
11. RatherDashing - Wii Fit Trainer, Lynched Day 1
2. devo22 - Mario, Killed Night 1
9. bizaro86 - Donkey Kong, Killed Night 1
21. GP_Matt - Lucina - Member of The Eternals, Killed Day 2
7. hmmhmmcamo - Zelda, Lynched Day 2
14. Delgar - Kirby, Killed Night 2
19. East Coast Flame - Pac-Man - Member of the Eternals, Killed Night 3
1. formulate - Samus - Member of the Eternals, Lynched Day 4
16. mrkajz44 - Ganondorf, Killed Night 4
4. Wood - Peach, Killed Night 6
18. GirlySports - Yoshi, Killed Day 7
17. Baxter Renegade Aeneas - Villager, Lynched Day 7
8. squiggs96 - Pikachu - Member of the Eternals, Lynched Day 8
15. GGG - Little Mac - Member of the Guardians, Killed Night 8
12. Rathji - Ness - Member of the Guardians, Killed Night 8
6. starseed - King Dedede - Member of The Guardians Eternals, Lynched Day 9
22. Puxlut - Bowser - Member of the Eternals, Killed Night 9
3. Drury18 - Palutena, Killed Night 10
5. dissentowner - Sonic - Member of the Guardians, Killed in Endgame
13. Timbo - Game & Watch - Member of the Guardians, Killed in Endgame

Modkilled:
No one yet. Let's keep it that way.

Timeline
Day 1 ends, RatherDashing Lynched.
Day 2 starts, devo22 and bizaro86 killed Night 1.
Day 2, GP_Matt killed.
Day 2 ends, hmmhmmcamo Lynched.
Day 3 starts, Delgar killed Night 2.
Day 3 ends, no one lynched.
Day 4 starts, East Coast Flame killed Night 3.
Day 4 Redux.
Day 4 ends, formulate lynched.
Day 5 starts, mrkajz44 killed Night 4.
Day 5 ends, no one lynched. Night 5 Skipped!
Day 6 ends, no one lynched.
Day 7 begins, Wood killed Night 6.
Day 7, GirlySports killed.
Day 7 ends, Aeneas lynched.
Day 8 begins, no one killed Night 7.
Day 8 ends, squiggs96 lynched.
Day 9 begins, GGG and Rathji killed Night 8.
Day 9 ends, starseed lynched.
Day 10 begins, Puxlut killed Night 9.
Day 10 ends, no one lynched.
Game Over!

Last edited by Mazrim; 11-12-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Day 1 is usually starts out pretty casual, and it's more or less a feeling out process for everyone. Don't feel bad if you're not sure what to post, as no one is totally sure what everyone is up to yet. How about that local Mario Tennis tournament?

Last edited by Mazrim; 09-26-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

The assembled members of the Light had assembled, having been called by the Master to our World once again.

(Note: This is mood music I'm randomly inserting, that's all!)

"Hello everyone, it's Sakurai again. Welcome back, Smashers! I hope you're ready for another exciting time working together to fight off the forces of Darkness."

I apologize for the delays in getting you here. As you know, we are tasked with something extremely important, and I had to make sure everything was right before summoning you here. Please Understand.

It looks like Master Hand is back at his old tricks again. I can't tell if he's being aided by another being, but right now his strength is growing as we speak, so I don't have much time to explain.

Master Hand has already started his attack, you see. Just a few days ago, he suddenly ambushed us while Pit was visiting me. Before we knew what was happening, he had launched a magic attack that ensnared Pit, and he is now under his control. You couldn't even tell on the outside what the difference was! Pit began to attack me, so I had no choice but to run.

I cannot tell if he has taken control of anyone else. There could be new members of the Darkness hiding amongst your group right now. Please be careful."

Everyone seemed to understand. Everyone started to disperse to begin their search for Master Hand and his minions when a loud cry caught their attention. An arrow of light, sticking out of Sakurai's chest, shone bright and turned to red as Pit pulled it out. He looked completely calm, like this just another enemy, and not a close confidant.

"Nothing is like it seems, friends. Worlds are warping and time flows differently around Master Hand. You would best to give up before it's too late." said Pit. With that, a dark aura surrounded him, and he teleported away, leaving Sakurai to bleed out on the ground.

It is now Day 1. With 22 alive, it takes 12 votes on any one player to hammer. It takes 8 votes to deadline lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, October 1st at 10:00 PM Mountain Time. Hammer cannot be dropped before Sunday, September 28th at 10:00 PM Mountain Time.

I am out of town for a good chunk of this weekend, hence the later minimum hammer date. You should all have your role PMs in your inboxes. Contact me if you have any questions about your roles.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

It's on... who is Donkey Kong?

I've been waiting weeks to say that.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mood music, new players and veterans this one is going to be very challenging and fun.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #6
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Been waiting days for this to start. The only problem is, I'm not really sure how to start.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #7
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Let's do this!
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots to come, looking forward to it.

Going to have to pace myself this game as my new job doesn't allow for as much flexibility as my old one.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Mood music, new players and veterans this one is going to be very challenging and fun.
Hmmmm..... secret message? I can spell mafia scum in there.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #10
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Been waiting days for this to start. The only problem is, I'm not really sure how to start.
Panic and accuse everyone of being the bad guys. If game 2 taught me anything, its that its best to go all out the first day and if you have a helpful power, use it blindly
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #11
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Newbie question time: Not sure if I missed this but do we know how many town vs how many mafia there are? Or how many special roles like cops or doctors are? Or is this kept secret on purpose?

please dont kill me
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #12
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I updated post 2 with a little thing about Day 1. Don't feel too bad, it's usually random stuff until everyone gets up to speed and moving forward.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #13
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
Hmmmm..... secret message? I can spell mafia scum in there.
Strange.. I get the same thing with your post. Does something evil lurk within?
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #14
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
Newbie question time: Not sure if I missed this but do we know how many town vs how many mafia there are? Or how many special roles like cops or doctors are? Or is this kept secret on purpose?

please dont kill me
This game is a closed setup, so you will be told how many of each faction there is, or what roles are out there. Don't worry, that's not a bad question!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I have no idea what to say other then I'm here, I'm new, this not editing your posts thing is probably going to drive me insane but I type too fast and proof-read too little.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #16
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

let's-a-go looks like a fun setup, looking forward to it.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #17
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

same here, I'm new and I love the set up of Super Smash Bros!

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #18
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks Mazrim! I love how this is timed with the upcoming release of super smash Bros for Wii u!
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Game time again, lets all have some fun
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #20
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been awhile since I played Smash, back in the good ol' N64 days. Let's do this.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good , mafia , super smash brothers , vancouver is no good