Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #4401
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
In fairness to Squiggs, depending on when Drury18 got the invite, he hasn't been on for a couple hours.
Me message came at 10:30am. 20 minutes 'fore his death post.

I would 'ave reported earlier, but I was on me talky box when I got it 'n pickin' up last minute Halloween thin's.

Quote:
Assuming Drury18 has the normal 24 hours, I would considering using it. If the next person lynched is mafia, I would almost certainly want him to decline regardless of power. If it's town, I would trust Drury18's judgement. Although I'm hesitant that Formulate's kill from the Eternals didn't work, pushing us on that GGG 2 day lynch train, and I suspect that the Eternals were expecting Squiggs96 (if town) to shoot me and not Girlysports.
I can hold onto it fer th' 24 hours 'n decline. Should we lynch afore that, I shall send in me decline.

Should I be scuttled durin' th' night, lynch th' next scallywag who accepts th' Eternal's invite if ye have doubts about 'em. We don't wants wha' I was offered in th' wrong hands. 'tis negatin' wha' they said about causin' chaos. 'twill cause chaos.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #4402
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Oling,

At the start of today you were dead set on lynching starseed. You even death pacted yourself to do it. You started off the day with a full reverse on squiggs and now after I get on him for answering about the eternals you drop the whole Mason thing and get back on the lynch squiggs bandwagon.

To me it appears that the lynch me lynch tarseed thing was a bluff and you got on a new wagon as soon as you could.
I was willing to show, because I was pretty certain on Starseed/Puxlut. I waited long after the lynch deadline had pass and the only vote on me being Squiggs96 before removing. I'll hammer myself if everyone else wants to jump on board, but you'll need to be certain that either I am mafia or Starseed/Puxlut are.

I became concerned with the very contradictory "straight up no threat invite" to "can't reveal because of dire consequences" and second guessed myself. Even if there were dire consequences, why would Squiggs96 make a statement saying there was no threats? He should have just stayed quiet.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 10-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #4403
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, can't prove it unless someone else noticed, but Squiggs96 was here for at least 30 minutes writing a response to Hockeyguy15's question. You can check profile to see their last action and if he was in the shower, like he said, it would have just stayed the same, not changing times and flipping between viewing/replying each time I checked. I don't think it would have taken more than 20 minutes to reply about why he said there was no threats and at the same time had dire consequences if there was an innocent explanation.

Similar today he said he would have no internet just a bit later with a big post that didn't answer anything.

But I am less sure about Squiggs96 than I was yesterday, which is why I would like for him to actually answer questions instead of doing the "I'm town, if you're town you shouldn't question me or you're bad."
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #4404
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am unsure about squiggs so I am not changing my vote today. I think we get more answers by lynching one of the MOT.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #4405
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok guys, here we go. As they never said I can't talk about it I just was offered a one shot cop power to join the Guardians. So what are we thinking here. Is it worth taking or are we not giving any more numbers to the cults? I want this to be a well discussed group decision. I have the usual 24 hrs to accept.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #4406
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Arr, me be someone who has now turned down 3 invites (or will be 3 after me 24 hours) 'n be a magnet fer invites, I would say tell them to walk the plank and stick to yer guns.

I be stayin' group-free 'cause I reckon thar be some benefit at th' end t' it. If 'tis a win condition thin', 'tis goin' t' be really hard t' win fer th' town if I be th' only one. I've listed ye as bein' suspected town fer awhile 'n I would prefer t' keep ye wit' me as long as I can.

I be going out with my ragamuffin here for birthday and trick er treating debauchery. I will have me talky box with me but nary around til 10pm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #4407
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

I cried tears out of my nose at lunch today. Well done, Drury.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starseed For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #4408
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Ok guys, here we go. As they never said I can't talk about it I just was offered a one shot cop power to join the Guardians. So what are we thinking here. Is it worth taking or are we not giving any more numbers to the cults? I want this to be a well discussed group decision. I have the usual 24 hrs to accept.
I'm a pretty big no now. The powers won't turn the game. We only have 3 of us cult free so not worth the risk now.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #4409
Guest1

At 2:53 I was offered a Guardians power. 2 extra vote (or one if used on a Guardian). It was a basketball theme message saying Rah Rah Toronto Raptors.

Basketball? Pfft... Maybe if they had mentioned Coolangata Series I would have been tempted.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #4410
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

The eternals dont work if you talk about it theory is false. Formulates kill was not talked about beforehand and still failed.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:39 PM   #4411
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

In my invite they did mention recruiting Puxlut, but they said it would require work. Looks like they decided to do it.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #4412
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I be rejectin' me invite earlier as I be nah sure if I shall be awake by th' 10:30 am deadline.

I wants t' provide more information about th' power though I 'ave looked into it further. 'n wants t' clarify why I said ye should lynch th' next scallywag who accepts an Eternal invite as they said 'twill be offered t' th' next one if I don't accept it.

Th' power offered t' me was Ninja. If ye look at th' definition on th' link posted by Mazrim, 'tis clear wha' type o' power 'tis. It be a scurvy dog power. http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Ninja

Quote:
A Ninja is a scum role which is totally badass like woah. It can perform particularly secretive nightkills which are immune to trackers or watchers. This allows the mafia to kill without risk of being caught, though typically the town will still be able to protect themselves through other means.
Th' description they provided t' me about th' power stated I would be able t' scuttle at night without detection from tracker or watchers, but th' town would be able t' protect themselves through normal means. I be nah sure why I would be aimin' this power at the town. Or why th' sender would wants t' clarify th' town could protect themselves.

They made a comment earlier in thar message that I didn' really understand or put a connection t' 'til I read th' description o' th' Ninja power. They said that they know I be hidin' in th' daylight. I don't understand wha' this means as I be nah a scurvy dog 'n I 'ave done anythin' but hide. I reckon this invite came from someone who doubts me alignment. Which I didn' reckon were many, but I can reckon o' one scallywag whose been public about it.

I be nah sure that th' sender o' these messages are scum themselves, although they be referrin' to the darkness and hidden enemies in the message, but based on the power I be offered 'n th' comments from them, I reckon they be crimpin' fer them or some sort o' anti-town condition.

Havin' seen messages from both groups, I be satisfied wit' me decision t' nah join either. I reckon th' "pure" townies needs t' stay this way.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #4413
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Squiggs,

You are likely getting lynched today. My vote will come off if you answer one simple question. The consequence to answering it has to be less than being lynched.

Did you use your power gained from the eternals to kill girly.

The only explanation I can think of is he picked up a lynchproof as well as a kill from his other power and he is afraid of answering because we will lynch him anyways.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #4414
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Don't worry Squiggs I was saying your post was scummy not you. It just was anti town.

Where did your power come from, why did you join the eternals,
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I flew off the handle a little bit there, but I never thought I'd have to defend killing scum. Apologies to all, but I just wanted my preference on how I'd prefer the vote to go. Pika joined the eternals because they made a good offer. I got to kill someone and my win condition didn't change. Girly's dead. I'm alive, and I feel we've finally gained some traction in this game. Although Pika really wanted to kill Oling, I felt the best result for everyone (except the mafia) was to kill Girly. I'm glad I got it right.
This is the closest I found to him saying he got the kill from the Eternals.

I highly doubt he got 2 powers from the Eternals since no other invite to anyone had more than 1 power, unless people were lying.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #4415
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

unvote

Squiggs behaviour does not make sense if he is scum. The only thing that makes sense is Squiggs got lynchproof and was told not to talk about it.

The kill I firmly believe came from his talk like pika power. He kills girly if he is wrong he's getting lynched. The lynchproof protects him.

So I am back to oling or pux. Leaning toward oling.

Oling, why did you track Rathji when you did vs Aeneas or Girlysports.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #4416
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

GGG why do you think the pika-chi is nothing more than flavour? Correct me if I am wrong but you are the only person who thinks it's anything more than that?

Do you know something we don't know? Why do you think he would get a power for just saying Pika-chu all the time?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #4417
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pika is very impressed right now. Chu is not ready to move his vote away yet, but could be persuaded tomorrow, after he sleeps on it.
This Squiggs post came after I stated he was getting abilities from his pika role play.

Quote:
Pika has revealed all powers and actions. Chu's favourite hockey player is Jamie Benn.

I never gave the doctor is diss. If you've followed this game you will know that I used it on wood (of which I've caught flack from numerous people for using it there and not on ECF), and that I'm not a fan of diss. Pika has explained why he used it on GGG multiple times, so if you want to continue to beat a dead horse, go for it. I thought it might work. How is that so hard to understand? Pika's wondering if your helmet is on too tight and it's restricting air and/or blood flow.

Why are you the only one who deserves protection? I told you I used it on you one night and you didn't even acknowledge that I existed, and now I have to use it every night on you? Pika needs you to get over yourself. I have no idea if you are town or not. I hope you are, but it's not like you are on everyone's confirmed list, nor are you holding and status near what wood did.
In this post he references Jaime Benn the charactor with the post for powers ability in game 1.

He definately posts like pika to get powers.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #4418
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

If that's true I think you're looking at it the wrong way. I think he got the kill from the Eternals and he has to say pika-chu to keep his other power. He has stated he has has his "empower" since day 1 and if he doesn't say pika-chu then he will lose that power.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #4419
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm alive, and fairly surprised it has happened. I've thought over the last day about this game, so I'll be making a rather long post. It could take pika a while, so don't be alarmed if I'm jumping back and forth between threads. I've got about 15 windows open. These are things I want to discuss. Chu will be back shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #4420
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

unvote pending squiggs post. Will also review. My initial reluctance in getting on squiggs was that he was alone in hesitating to reveal his character. Girly and Aeneas didn't seem to. I'll look back.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good , mafia , super smash brothers , vancouver is no good