Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #61
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yep, I ****ed up big time in that thread, that's part of why I responded the way I did to Slava and others in this thread.

I was posting about how it was obviously suicide, listing the reasons and saying it was pretty absurd to argue otherwise. Problem is, it was the guy's son or someone like that, who it turns out was trying to rationalize that it wasn't suicide because their beliefs didn't allow for suicide as admission to heaven or something.

So basically telling a young son of a suicide victim "No, you're wrong, this is what happened". I reflected on that a lot, it really stuck with me.
And I appreciate it actually. I should know better for sure. I deal with death more often than I would like as my clients age (and as a society we are heading into a "death boom"), so hopefully I've learned to not be so ignorant.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #62
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Finding out a bunch of strangers are talking about them like this isn't helpful to their recovery. No one on here knows those guys or their family so making public judgements or talking crap about them does nothing but make the entire situation worse.
I get not mocking the family in this time, but I'm sorry I will not hold my tongue about the situation to make them feel better. People need to know how selfish this high-risk lifestyle is, not only to their own families but the public. People should be talking about how utterly disgusting these individuals were.

These #######s decided to make their dealings public when they put the public at risk. What if a five year old shopping with her mom was hit by a stray bullet because of the dealings of these asshats?

Police don't let it slip that the victims were known to police and they suspect it was a drug deal gone wrong if they aren't pretty sure that's the case. If this ends up being the one in ten thousand times that a situation like this happened and the "victims" were actually just in the wrong place at the wrong time, I'll apologize, but that's not likely.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:00 AM   #63
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I get not mocking the family in this time, but I'm sorry I will not hold my tongue about the situation to make them feel better.
Jesus Christ, try to mix in a little empathy.

Unless you can show me that these families encouraged and enabled their family member to live this lifestyle, I won't join your crusade.

Is it possible that their grief is compounded by a feeling of failure as a parent /family because their child/relative was in this type of lifestyle.

Feeling empathetic or sorry for the family doesn't be default mean you support the lifestyle of the deceased.

####ing Pathetic.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #64
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Jesus Christ, try to mix in a little empathy.

Unless you can show me that these families encouraged and enabled their family member to live this lifestyle, I won't join your crusade.
Sorry, what are you talking about? You must have grossly misread what I wrote if you're coming to this conclusion because no other logical explanation makes sense.

The guy literally asked us not to discuss the situation or those involved because it might make the family feel bad. That's too bad. It happened in a public place putting the public at risk, the public has every right to discuss it and 'insult' the idiots involved. Period. That shouldn't even be a question at this point. This has nothing to do with empathy towards the family, it sucks for them, but the idiots involved deserved to be called out for living a lifestyle that put the innocent public at risk and be condemned for it. No $5 weed sale results in multiple public murders in Calgary.

That has nothing to do with the family.

Salman Abedi had family members who believed he was a good person and are also mourning his life. I still reserve the right to call Salman Abedi an absolutely disgusting piece of #### human being that is hopefully rotting in hell.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #65
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
you support the lifestyle of the deceased.
Maybe I am getting old but is that what we call it now, doing and/or dealing illegal drugs for profit? A "lifestyle"?

Has it gotten so mainstream that we normalize it in that fashion?

I am glad that innocent people were not injured or even killed during the incident. This easily could have resulted in the deaths of multiple other bystanders and even kids. In fact, I wonder what the response would have been then if a toddler had gotten shot through the head due to the "lifestyle".

Last edited by chemgear; 05-26-2017 at 08:51 AM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #66
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Salman Abedi had family members who believed he was a good person and are also mourning his life. I still reserve the right to call Salman Abedi an absolutely disgusting piece of #### human being that is hopefully rotting in hell.
Ha ha. "I reserve the right harrumph harrumph harrumph!".

Nobody is trying to take away your right to sound like a dickhead. Dragging a terrorist into this story about some people that were victims of a crime doesn't help your case. It's ridiculous.

We get it. These guys were no angels. I don't think anyone has said different. If it makes you feel superior to badmouth them, go to town. You have the right!

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #67
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
We get it. These guys were no angels. I don't think anyone has said different. If it makes you feel superior to badmouth them, go to town. You have the right!
Hey now RougeUnderoos, don't say that about these guys. Their parents might read it!

I don't need to feel superior. I can safely say that probably everyone in this thread is superior to the scumbags.

I can't believe that political correctness has extended to drug dealers now. Don't say anything bad about them, they're humans too. Humans who didn't give two ####s about anyone else when they decided to do their bad drug deal in a public parking lot and put a bunch of innocent people at risk, but well...
Old 05-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #68
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Hey now RougeUnderoos, don't say that about these guys. Their parents might read it!

I don't need to feel superior. I can safely say that probably everyone in this thread is superior to the scumbags.

I can't believe that political correctness has extended to drug dealers now. Don't say anything bad about them, they're humans too. Humans who didn't give two ####s about anyone else when they decided to do their bad drug deal in a public parking lot and put a bunch of innocent people at risk, but well...
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #69
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Goddamn political correctness rears its ugly pink head again.

If you want to hack on these dead guys and their families, that's your thing. You have reserved that right, which is very bold of you.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #70
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
Goddamn political correctness rears its ugly pink head again.

If you want to hack on these dead guys and their families, that's your thing. You have reserved that right, which is very bold of you.
Not their families. I don't know why you guys keep wanting to bring up their families lumping them in with these guys. They may have had little to nothing to do with the guys dealings.

But yeah, I do think we should be able to call out these asshats for being asshats. We're fortunate that we didn't have another Jose Neto or Keni Su’a on our hands because of these idiots. Thank God only those involved were hit by the bullets this time. But that's not always the case, and those jackasses didn't give two ####s about that chance.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #71
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Honest question, do you guys know more than what's been said in the public? It's very possible these guys were just petty weed dealers and were about to be robbed, resisted and then shot dead? Did they deserve to die for selling weed? You guys are acting like dealers are just terrible humans who have zero positive attributes. I can understand the hatred for fentanyl dealers and dangerous drugs like that but come on, we all know not all dealers are of the same breed. Some sell harmless drugs like marijuana and don't deserve to die. Guys that sell dangerous drugs that kill other people are the ones that deserve the hate, but we don't know if that's the case here
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #72
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always wanted to use this...

GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #73
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Honest question, do you guys know more than what's been said in the public? It's very possible these guys were just petty weed dealers and were about to be robbed, resisted and then shot dead? Did they deserve to die for selling weed? You guys are acting like dealers are just terrible humans who have zero positive attributes. I can understand the hatred for fentanyl dealers and dangerous drugs like that but come on, we all know not all dealers are of the same breed. Some sell harmless drugs like marijuana and don't deserve to die. Guys that sell dangerous drugs that kill other people are the ones that deserve the hate, but we don't know if that's the case here
What are the other harmless drugs?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #74
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
What are the other harmless drugs?
No mushroom dealer deserves to be capped.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #75
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Criminals willingly involved in high risk and illegal activities. They knew the risks before they chose to partake in those activities and paid for it.

At the same time, they chose to put innocent members of the public at risk by conducting their deals at a grocery store on a weekday. They could have met somewhere where the public wasn't exposed to the risks they were willingly accepting, but probably figured being in a public space would limit their risk.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #76
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
No mushroom dealer deserves to be capped.

There are weed dealers who deal in other #### or deal in a gang which increases your chance of being shot by a lot. The dude who just sells weed is the most chill kind of dealer and he probably has a hook up for mushrooms too.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #77
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just an innocent weed dealer

Now I've heard everything
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 03:19 AM   #78
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Some sell harmless drugs like marijuana and don't deserve to die. Guys that sell dangerous drugs that kill other people are the ones that deserve the hate, but we don't know if that's the case here
Actually that's not how it works, it matters little to the criminal element what type of drugs you're selling it's about the enormous amount of cash and the greed that comes with it. I think most would agree nobody deserves to be murdered for selling any type of drug.

On the subject at hand I have a theory,

- the killer was being strong armed by the 2 victims (probably owed them drug money)
- the killer agreed to meet them for payment but in a public parking lot
- the killer wearing a slight disguise sneaks up on them with payment in bullets

- I watch too many movies
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:12 AM   #79
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Here's one of the top search results for the brother's name:
http://www.advocate.com/news/2006/01...antigay-attack
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #80
Ahuch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Here's one of the top search results for the brother's name:
http://www.advocate.com/news/2006/01...antigay-attack
Seems like a stand up family if they're related.
Ahuch is offline   Reply With Quote