Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #21
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
That looks like the route I'll be going then.

Scorp - Surely, Flames games are not blacked out right? Just want to make sure about that. Also, I assume the Sportsnet Now does not work in the USA; it's just for CDN customers?
The blackouts work just like TV blackouts. In Alberta we get Oilers and Flames games on Sportsnet, but Canucks games are blacked out. In BC, Oilers and Flames games are blacked out.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/sn-now-support/

Says it is based on your physical location (which might mean geolocating based on IP, or maybe location services on mobile devices).
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:05 PM   #22
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else have a bitch of a time trying to sign in to the app and watch?

Every time, video not available. Restart app. Login to Telus Optik. Rinse and repeat.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabekd View Post
Says it is based on your physical location (which might mean geolocating based on IP, or maybe location services on mobile devices).
Presumably you could use a VPN proxy service and change your apparent location to get around that. Though if Rogers has any sort of monitoring happening, they might eventually pick up on how CroFlames appears to be in Calgary today, Vancouver tomorrow, Ottawa on Friday and back in Calgary for the weekend. Alternatively, they might not actually care unless the NHL cries foul, as $25 a month is $25 a month.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #24
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Presumably you could use a VPN proxy service and change your apparent location to get around that. Though if Rogers has any sort of monitoring happening, they might eventually pick up on how CroFlames appears to be in Calgary today, Vancouver tomorrow, Ottawa on Friday and back in Calgary for the weekend. Alternatively, they might not actually care unless the NHL cries foul, as $25 a month is $25 a month.
Business travel. Voila.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #25
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can confirm Sportsnet Now does NOT work while you are in the USA, even if you have a Canadian account. Buyer beware.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #26
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else having issues with their Shaw log-ins saying 'not subscribed' in Sportsnet Now app?
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #27
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
Anyone else having issues with their Shaw log-ins saying 'not subscribed' in Sportsnet Now app?
Yes. Got the same error starting last week around the NHL season opener. Can't watch any of SN Pacific, West, or East. Only SN One and 360 seem to work.

However, tried using someone else's Telus login and it seems to work fine. Seems like a Shaw problem.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #28
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Update on the shaw situation - supposedly shaw is switching their stuff over to freerange TV.

Right now you can watch SN1 on sportsnet now or free range tv through shaw. SNW is only available on freerange tv, not sportsnet now, and sports net flames is not available for streaming at all.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...&postcount=795

Such garbage.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:45 PM   #29
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Update on the shaw situation - supposedly shaw is switching their stuff over to freerange TV.

Right now you can watch SN1 on sportsnet now or free range tv through shaw. SNW is only available on freerange tv, not sportsnet now, and sports net flames is not available for streaming at all.

Such garbage.
Apparently sportsnet flames isn't available in the ios and appletv apps. That's pretty disappointing.
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #30
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post

Such garbage.
Confirmed. My Shaw credentials on Sportsnet Now allow me to watch SN1, SN360, SN Ontario, and SN Pacific.

SN West says not subscribed, and SN Flames is not available at all.

At least it's available on Shaw FreeRange TV though. And frankly, I think Sportsnet's app is buggy as #### anyway, at least on Android. Shaw's app at least works.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I just tried to watch SN West on the Shaw app, and I got this:

https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-6295

What kind of bull#### is this? I can logon to Sportsnet Now and watch the same damn programming (Sportsnet Central) on any other SN channel!

And the networks wonder why people resort to illegal streams...

Last edited by Stealth22; 10-19-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #31
oilyfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

On a side note gamecenter live gives the option now to watch blacked out games by signing in using the tv providers login. It only gave me a choice yesterday of Telus and Videotron, and my Telus login kept giving me errors so it looks buggy now. But we will see
Old 10-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #32
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

the @ShawHelp twitter account is pointing people to the freerange app too. Won't admit they turned off functionality that was already in place with Sportsnet Now ...
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #33
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone know how to use SportsnetNow on Google Chrome (on a PC)?

It used to work but now when I click 'login' nothing happens (used to be kind of a popup, maybe Google banned all popups?)

I now have to use internet explorer, and is inferior and a bit choppy. Also I can't beam an internet explorer tab to my chromecast. Tech nerds, please save me from IE!
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #34
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Chrome add-on could be blocking cookies.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hockey , online , streaming