Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #201
robaur
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How anyone could feel insulted by that guy is beyond me.

I'm very disappointed in the mods. I have to put my popcorn down now.

it was extremely entertaining while it lasted.
robaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:19 PM   #202
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if there is ANY chance Bishop would sign in Vegas if they decided he could/should be a massive building block for them to become relevant quicker.

They get that 48 hour window before the expansion draft, and if they throw $40-45 million at him over 6 or 7 years he might just jump.

Seems unlikely he'd sign with an expansion team, but if they bring the $$ and sell him on their plan, you never know.

Kind of find myself hoping Tre gets his rights here soon, and they can get a deal done before there is any chance of someone swooping in. A little annoyed that the Kings acquired him now, because I have a feeling if he was still with Tampa, we would have snagged his rights from them already. LA is probably more reluctant to just hand Tre his #1 goalie, and understandably so.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #203
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I know I am the minority but the thought of signing any goalie to a long term deal right now scares me. Tre has done an amazing job at keeping cap space open and it is going to be needed in a couple years when we are a serious contender.

The let down us fans have had in net for the last while and I would hate to see the future hindered on what I see as a roll of the dice. It reminds me of a Lucic signing...everyone is excited today but in 2 years we could be very disappointed.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #204
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you expect to bring a young guy along in 3 or 4 years whats the worry? With them on an entry level you still have reasonable spending on goal tending for the duration of a long term deal. Besides, goalies don't fall off the earth in their 30s like other players.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #205
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
If you expect to bring a young guy along in 3 or 4 years whats the worry? With them on an entry level you still have reasonable spending on goal tending for the duration of a long term deal. Besides, goalies don't fall off the earth in their 30s like other players.
I agree - wouldnt MAF be a safer bet with a much shorter contract than signing a guy for 6-7 years?

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:45 PM   #206
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I agree - wouldnt MAF be a safer bet with a much shorter contract than signing a guy for 6-7 years?
Maybe. But the thought with Bishop is that you could get him without spending assets (or fewer assets I suppose).
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #207
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
He's already injured lots. Doesn't have to fall off the earth in his 30s to provide inconsistency in net, just a few more tweaks and pulls that everyone goes through as they age. Personally he wouldn't be my first choice. That said, if I read headlines tomorrow that he's here, all I'll be thinking is "finally, we have a goltender! I sure hope this one works out....". Same as when we signed Elliot
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #208
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanTrev View Post
He's already injured lots. Doesn't have to fall off the earth in his 30s to provide inconsistency in net, just a few more tweaks and pulls that everyone goes through as they age. Personally he wouldn't be my first choice. That said, if I read headlines tomorrow that he's here, all I'll be thinking is "finally, we have a goltender! I sure hope this one works out....". Same as when we signed Elliot
Not everyone was stoked on Elliott and he came here with the stigma of never being a true number 1. That is not the same with Bishop who has been a 60 game goalie
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #209
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Chad Johnson is the best insurance policy at back up in case of an injury to someone like Bishop. He's capable of jumping in there and playing long stretches if necessary.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #210
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
Yep I would agree that goaltending has been his downfall so far and will define his time as GM for the Flames. He needs to get it right!

Elliot is competitive and has the drive to improve and get better, but we need another goalie who can play at that level or find another gear. When you look at the Pens they have 2 guys they can fall back on and just like last season
the team went with the best guy available. This season it is MAF last season it was Murray. The Flames still seem to have guys that are unproven in some respects but we need a guy like Kipper.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote