Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #61
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Whatever the Kings did to Kesler in that Vancouver series. The one where all the Kesler gifs come from. He was laughably inneffective in that series

And just because it was next in line
Firebot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #62
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kesler backs down when he is continuously put in his place. Not with with slashes but heavy hits by the same shadow over and over. It has been done and he becomes a wallflower if that strategy is commuted to. It is time for Brouwer to earn nevermind his letter but his number.
If not I think Ferland and Tkachuk would up to that challenge. Bennett is game but I don't know if he would be as well suited.
One thing that is certain Kesler has physically stalked Johnny each game and somebody has to put a stop to it.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:00 PM   #63
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think they got it right in the Bartkowski/Holzer fight, hit was clean and then Bartkowski jumped him. We deserve to be short handed there.
The attempted hit on Tkachuk that was clearly, given the player, and flying in the way he did, and the situation that was occurring in the game, intent to injure? Far far from clean.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #64
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

If we draw the ducks I wanna see the whistles put away and wait for the dust to settle.
The team wearing red will be bloody no doubt but they'll all be standing there laughing and cheering eachother but will have done it together.

Loves this team and we needed that loss to learn how to be ready for anything .

They are now and I think the league and the refs noticed.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #65
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Yes the Holzer hit was clean. Tkachuk's hit on Doughty was also clean. The guy bailing before a hit is not The fault of the guy throwing the hit.

Manson did not deserve an instigator for the fight with Gio. Not even close.
You can't say the Holzer hit was clean because it didn't actually happen. If Tkachuk didn't avoid it, then we could discuss whether it was dirty or not.

Why didn't Manson deserve an instigator?
Rollin22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #66
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin22x View Post
You can't say the Holzer hit was clean because it didn't actually happen. If Tkachuk didn't avoid it, then we could discuss whether it was dirty or not.

Why didn't Manson deserve an instigator?
Essentially, Gio and Manson dropped the gloves at the same time. They came together, started roughing each other and dropped the gloves at the same time - you never see an instigator given out when they drop at the same time.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #67
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just goes to show you how much Ferly means to this team. Absolute gem.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #68
Rollin22x
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Essentially, Gio and Manson dropped the gloves at the same time. They came together, started roughing each other and dropped the gloves at the same time - you never see an instigator given out when they drop at the same time.
I would assume that Manson instigated that since Gio rarely fights.
I'll admit, because of the camera angle I couldn't see Bartkowski enough to say whether he threw his gloves off and went after the ducks player.
The whole game got out of hand and the ref's were left with their own subtle bias. Which I believe is very apparent given the league rescinding some of their calls.
Rollin22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #69
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
NHL officials are simply incompetent and biased.
I almost think it'd be better if they went back to the 1 referee system. Then you could at least understand when they miss some stuff.
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #70
mikeecho
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think they really even got it wrong with the Kesler/Frolik scrum. Seemed like two players going at it, of course Kesler vs non-fighter, but Engelland was third guy in and deserved his penalties for sure.
There needs to be a fight for there to be a 3rd man call. Kesler/Frolik wasn't a fight. Frolik didn't drop his gloves or throw a punch.

Otherwise, Holzer deserved one for getting involved in the Ferland/Kessler shoving match, which also wasn't a fight.

Last edited by mikeecho; 04-06-2017 at 12:22 PM.
mikeecho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeecho For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #71
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
There needs to be a fight for there to be a 3rd man call. Kesler/Frolik wasn't a fight. Frolik didn't drop his gloves or throw a punch.

Otherwise, Holzer deserved one for getting involved in the Ferland/Kessler shoving match, which also wasn't a fight.
It is a all a judgement call by the official. I've seen a few times where a player gets an instigator and 5 for fighting and the other team gets a 7 min pp. When bourque was a flame he got 2 min instigator, 2 min for fighting with a visor and 5 for fighting when he jumped a player that hit a flame. Caps ended up with a 9 minute pp.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #72
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
If I was Head of Player Safety, I would have given Kesler 5 games for kicking Kronwall in the nuts on the way down.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote