Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Fighting Parking Ticket

Why is it so incredibly difficult to fight a parking ticket? I mean difficult as in it takes forever. From the day I got the ticket, they told me I had to wait a month to receive another notice stating whether I want to fight it, or pay it. I told them I want to fight it and they send me a court date for May. I go this ticket in October. This is pretty ridiculous.

I know $50 doesn't sound like a lot, but for a student it is and for something I had little control over. If it gets to be too much of a hassle I might just suck it up but the system seems pretty stupid.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Just pay the ticket you POS....Your the reason society is falling apart.....Stop tying up the courts....Be a man, and take responsibility...yadda yadda yadda.

There, I got it all out of the way, so you don't have deal with dozens of posts like that.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Berger_4_
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dammit flameswin, I wanted a shot at being the holier-than-thou poster!

It's crappy how awfully slow the system is, but that's bureaucracy for ya! It's slow like that so more people like you and me just say eff it I'm not gonna bother fighting it cause of all the time it takes. What'd you get it for? And do you have a legit argument? Cause if you're fighting it just because you wanna try get off...well all I can do is wish you good luck.

As an aside, my one friend was issued a ticket by that cop that tried to pull a u-ey on the highway a couple weeks before he got killed...as awful as it is, his ticket was thrown out because the cop couldn't show up to court to prove my friend's guilt.

If you took a burger off the grill and slapped it on your face, I'm pretty sure it would burn you. - kermitology
Berger_4_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
drewboy12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Im sure if you go to court, say your a full time student, and $50 is just to much money to pay a parking ticket, Im sure the judge will throw it out. Granted your in University, or college? Just say what you are taking, and what not... I am more then sure they will be good to you, if your honest to them. Not like your an unemployed "pos"
Old 01-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #5
drewboy12
First Line Centre

Exp:

....And dress nice, and speak well. $50 is $50.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #6
dj_patm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've had a parking ticket and never payed it. Nothing happened.

No warning in the mail, no phone call, no towing me away, no problems registering my car.

You should've just waited. Sure it's 10$ more if you wait and they warn you but its worth it if they dont do anything.

Plus you can always say there was no parking ticket when you got there (which actually happened to me once) and that someone might've pulled it out as a joke or something or it blew away.
dj_patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #7
bcb
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Temporary Insanity?

Henry Steel Commager (1902-1998)

bcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 AM   #8
bcb
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Just pay the ticket you POS....Your the reason society is falling apart.....Stop tying up the courts....Be a man, and take responsibility...yadda yadda yadda.

There, I got it all out of the way, so you don't have deal with dozens of posts like that.
You forgot "do the CRIME, do the TIME!"

Henry Steel Commager (1902-1998)

bcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always go and get my speeding tickets reduced but parking fines are a waaaaaaaay bigger pain in the ass so I normally pay them. Actually, I normally forget to pay them and then have to pay the $50 + $20 (late fee) + $8 (whatever AMA charges me when I renew my registration). I hate parking tickets.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #10
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berger_4_ View Post
Dammit flameswin, I wanted a shot at being the holier-than-thou poster!

It's crappy how awfully slow the system is, but that's bureaucracy for ya! It's slow like that so more people like you and me just say eff it I'm not gonna bother fighting it cause of all the time it takes. What'd you get it for? And do you have a legit argument? Cause if you're fighting it just because you wanna try get off...well all I can do is wish you good luck.

As an aside, my one friend was issued a ticket by that cop that tried to pull a u-ey on the highway a couple weeks before he got killed...as awful as it is, his ticket was thrown out because the cop couldn't show up to court to prove my friend's guilt.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I live in an apartment near Whyte and someone was parked in my stall when I came home late at night so I parked in the street. Went to move my car in the morning and got a ticket. Do I have a legit argument?
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #11
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post

I live in an apartment near Whyte and someone was parked in my stall when I came home late at night so I parked in the street. Went to move my car in the morning and got a ticket. Do I have a legit argument?
It was the police officer that died not his friend.

And no, you do not have an arguement. Two wrongs dont make a right. Didn't your mother ever teach you that?
jolinar of malkshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
Byrns
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post

Nope
Byrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #13
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Have you gone to the Calgary Parking office on 9th ave and 6th st? I find the parking tickets I've fought were incredibly painless and took ~2 weeks before they were sorted out.
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #14
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Don't pay parking tickets. I have a couple piled up, never had any issues with them
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
Don't pay parking tickets. I have a couple piled up, never had any issues with them
Good advise, you going to teach your children that to?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinar of malkshor View Post
Good advise, you going to teach your children that to?

Most definitely. You can go ahead and feel morally justified about paying your debt to society. I'll keep my 50 bucks.
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dont you have to pay all your parking tickets when you have to register your car? Or is that just speeding tickets?
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #18
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Dont you have to pay all your parking tickets when you have to register your car? Or is that just speeding tickets?
Depends on the parking lot that you received the ticket. Some lots can register the tickets with the province in order to collect. Not all do that.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinar of malkshor View Post
Depends on the parking lot that you received the ticket. Some lots can register the tickets with the province in order to collect. Not all do that.
I'm talking city lots. they all have to be paid right?
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #20
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who issues the ticket ???

If its Impark tell em to go piss up a rope.....