Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #61
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by kinger+Feb 16 2005, 08:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kinger @ Feb 16 2005, 08:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bingo@Feb 16 2005, 08:01 PM
A few comments:

First off this is Ken King, I made an assumption that he wasn't as well (can't be too careful and you'd hate to see someone passing themselves off as someone else), but yes he checks out.

Ken:

If you want to directly answer a question posted in this string just hit the "QUOTE" button within the message box that you are trying to answer. It's in the top right corner. It adds the original comments/question to your reply and makes it more clear.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for stopping by.

McGrath
thanks. I needed that. KK [/b][/quote]
No problem.

Helps keep things more tied together.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #62
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Welcome to the board KK.

Not sure if you can answer this but in your internal meetings was there a feeling/concern through this at the NHL board level that the NHLPA might not have taken the threat to cancel a full season seriously, that the NHLPA was counting on your side to eventually cave?

Cowperson
Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #63
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by kinger@Feb 16 2005, 09:07 PM
players are very intuned to message boards and care very much, and are likley more tech savvy than us. KK
Since you talk to players occassionally, do they really think we're as stupid as they make us fans to be in the media? Do players actually believe that the reason we're against them is because of some ingenious PR spin by the NHL, or are they just too stubborn to admit they're wrong?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #64
Claeren
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by kinger@Feb 16 2005, 08:00 PM
nose bleeds are a tough question. could be like a cfl tv blackout thing where if the building is sold out then we open them up. We learned a valuable lesson about rush seats. You guys love them. buy what you can get hands on and then all sit together. KK
But do sales of those seats REALLY hurt regular sales?

Especially if you gave them away? Where the option to buy them is not even widely available?

I know a LOT of people around school would not only love to be at hockey games but would actually contribute to making the Dome an even better palce to be. It seems too simple i guess, but with enough concession sales and hopefully repeat sales later on, it would pay for itself... no?

A lot of students i meet are not even fans necessarily but are just waiting to be sucked in, you know?

Personally i am a U of C student who started buying student packs a while back, enjoyed the experience, and have bought just shy of $4,000 worth of season tickets in each of the last 2 years. But it all started with great seats for $20 years ago....

Claeren.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #65
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Mr. King, I've been pretty hard on the players I'll admit, but what do you think the difference is between Calgary players and some of the players in other markets.

You've had Domi, McCabe, Ecshe, Chelios and others shooting their mouths off seemingly without a care in the world.

My question is what do you think sets our players apart from these others?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #66
kinger
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally posted by fotze@Feb 16 2005, 08:10 PM
Bingo, Iggy's interview tonite was quite complimentary to the flames ownership and organization, he elequenttly walked the fine balance of the real life and the tough spot he has been put in.
Jarome is a quality guy. KK
Old 02-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #67
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by kinger@Feb 16 2005, 08:07 PM
players are very intuned to message boards and care very much, and are likley more tech savvy than us. KK
this answer you, Greyshep? Gotta refresh constantly to keep up with the torrent of questions and answers. :P
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #68
Loosh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hello Ken, Do you believe the cap proposal brought forward by Jarome and co. will have any negative bearing to how he is percieved by some of his team-mates. I know many of the flames have been vocal about this entire process, and a few have even leaned towards the acception of the cap.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:13 PM   #69
kinger
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowperson@Feb 16 2005, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the board KK.

Not sure if you can answer this but in your internal meetings was there a feeling/concern through this at the NHL board level that the NHLPA might not have taken the threat to cancel a full season seriously, that the NHLPA was counting on your side to eventually cave?

Cowperson
yes, the threat concept has been raised as a negative. KK
Old 02-16-2005, 08:13 PM   #70
Neeper
Official CP Photographer

Exp:

Mr. King,

Thanks for taking time to come on our board. We all love the game very much. Just like most people here, I am behind the owners 100%. I am a season ticket holder and I will not be cancelling my tickets. I hope to see you at the dome again next season.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #71
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by Superfraggle+Feb 16 2005, 08:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Superfraggle @ Feb 16 2005, 08:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kinger@Feb 16 2005, 08:07 PM
this answer you, Greyshep? Gotta refresh constantly to keep up with the torrent of questions and answers. :P [/b][/quote]
Pretty much. Didnt type my question fast enough I guess.

My question probed a bit more, but I understand KK is pretty overwhelmed at the moment.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #72
kinger
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally posted by CaramonLS@Feb 16 2005, 08:11 PM
Mr. King, I've been pretty hard on the players I'll admit, but what do you think the difference is between Calgary players and some of the players in other markets.

You've had Domi, McCabe, Ecshe, Chelios and others shooting their mouths off seemingly without a care in the world.

big thing that sets our guys apart is the Darryl factor. they respect him and the organization. KK
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 PM   #73
kinger
Draft Pick

think I lost the thread or whatever. KK
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 PM   #74
Coelah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hi Ken,

Guess my question is simply...What's next?

Does it start all over again? Replacement players?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #75
kinger
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally posted by CaramonLS@Feb 16 2005, 08:11 PM

big thing that sets our guys apart is the Darryl factor. they respect him and the organization. KK
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #76
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Ken do you view the hiring of Darryl Sutter as a turning point for the Flames organization? If the NHL was to implement a cap, would it potentially create a situation where the teams that generate large revenues could start ponying up big money for top level management that small market teams can't afford?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #77
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for taking time out for us Ken. Also, thank Harley and the other owners for sticking this out properly.

What are the status of Flames employees? I've understood they've taken salary rollbacks themselves, and some have left for other jobs.

Is it safe to assume more jobs (all the way from the worker bee to the adminstrative staff to people higher up the chain) are going to be lost until an agreement is reached?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #78
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Others have asked this but I thought I'd bring it up again. Do you think that the NHL proposal (42.5) would have worked for Calgary long term?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #79
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally posted by kinger@Feb 16 2005, 08:14 PM

I have to say that even before Darryl got here the flames players had a real good rep in other cities (hotel staff, etc.). I really liked hearing this when I'd go on road trips and such. I know Darryl sets the tone, but it must be the owners that bring this quality since they are the constant.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #80
kinger
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally posted by Sylvanfan@Feb 16 2005, 08:17 PM
Ken do you view the hiring of Darryl Sutter as a turning point for the Flames organization? If the NHL was to implement a cap, would it potentially create a situation where the teams that generate large revenues could start ponying up big money for top level management that small market teams can't afford?
yes Darryl huge turning point. [QUOTE]
Closed Thread