Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #8501
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Dogs change the equation.
A few years agao a golfing buddy of mine was walking his dog and came across a woman who had the same breed. They got to talking and after a few minutes she told him he could look up now. Buddy says he turned 10 shades of red and walked away. He was apparently looking down at her rack and got busted
Old 07-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #8502
PaperBagger'14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
A few years agao a golfing buddy of mine was walking his dog and came across a woman who had the same breed. They got to talking and after a few minutes she told him he could look up now. Buddy says he turned 10 shades of red and walked away. He was apparently looking down at her rack and got busted
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #8503
Puddy27
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
No way.
Sorry gear grinder....going back to work after spending quality time with my family. Also sending my second one to daycare. Sucks having your kids raised by others at such an early age.
Puddy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puddy27 For This Useful Post:
Ace
Old 07-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #8504
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy27 View Post
No way.
Sorry gear grinder....going back to work after spending quality time with my family. Also sending my second one to daycare. Sucks having your kids raised by others at such an early age.
The story is true. Local park beside the air museum in Nanton was where he got busted.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #8505
PaperBagger'14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
The story is true. Local park beside the air museum in Nanton was where he got busted.
checking out the hindenburgs exhibit
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #8506
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
True or not true, that was quite the knee slapper.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:14 AM   #8507
DiracSpike
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This obnoxious mom was haunting my entire evening tonight.

First her and three goofy dudes were blocking the stairs up to the GoodLife with her stroller parked crosswise by the base of the stairs while they were having a dumb convo. Then, after squeezing past and waiting in line at the gate with other people that were bottlenecked by her, she cuts right in front of me, infant in arm, after I scanned my card and opened the gate. Like shoulder to shoulder, didn't say excuse me. Why she barged into the gym I have no idea.

Fast forward two hours later I'm standing in line to get ice cream on 17th with the gf when the same lady and her doofus crew get in line behind us. She starts telling some dumb story which was agony because the line for this place took 20 minutes. At one point, she was so into her story that she let go of her stroller with HER BABY IN IT that was very slowly rolling toward the road before I stopped it. She grabbed the stroller and didn't say thank you. Then, after ordering our ice cream she got to the til only to tell the guy that her husband was bringing the debit card so she couldn't pay right away and asked if that was ok. The guy said no and she got snappy with him saying that she better not be forced to get back in the line. Like, cmon, your dorky husband had a full half hour in line to get your debit card. Then she sits down at a table waiting to order only to block my way out with her stroller AGAIN in this extremely small and busy ice cream parlour. I'm terrified she'll be waiting for me outside by building on my way to work to bother me more.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #8508
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really looking forward to watching Dunkirk, especially in the 70mm format it was shot and intended to be watched in. It apparently makes a huge difference in the viewing experience for this film.

All ready to buy and reserve my tickets for tomorrow at Chinook, where's it's currently showing. But what's this? Today is the last day it's showing at Chinook - and hence the last chance to watch it in 70 mm? Yep. Scotiabank frickin' Chinook has pulled the early best picture front runner after one flippin' week. One week. Now I have to watch it on digital at Shawnessy.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #8509
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I'm really looking forward to watching Dunkirk, especially in the 70mm format it was shot and intended to be watched in. It apparently makes a huge difference in the viewing experience for this film.

All ready to buy and reserve my tickets for tomorrow at Chinook, where's it's currently showing. But what's this? Today is the last day it's showing at Chinook - and hence the last chance to watch it in 70 mm? Yep. Scotiabank frickin' Chinook has pulled the early best picture front runner after one flippin' week. One week. Now I have to watch it on digital at Shawnessy.

WHAT!?!? I thought I'd have at least another week.

BlackArcher101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #8510
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy ####, really? I mean not that I had a chance to watch it anyway but that's insane. Remember how long Avatar spent in IMAX? I know, this isn't going to be the highest grossing movie of all time, but it's a huge word of mouth success. That is absurd.
If you were given the option to pay 45 cents to predict the outcome of a coin flip, and if correct in your prediction you win a dollar, you may lose 45 cents on the first try. You may even lose 90 cents after the second try. But if you keep betting, you'll end up ahead in the long term. This is the value of analytics. They do not describe destiny, only the likeliest result.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #8511
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's still playing in IMAX at Chinook. 5 showings tomorrow: https://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/d...Date=7/28/2017
Old 07-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #8512
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I just checked and bought a ticket for the 10:40 show tomorrow night. Glad I didn't miss that.
If you were given the option to pay 45 cents to predict the outcome of a coin flip, and if correct in your prediction you win a dollar, you may lose 45 cents on the first try. You may even lose 90 cents after the second try. But if you keep betting, you'll end up ahead in the long term. This is the value of analytics. They do not describe destiny, only the likeliest result.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #8513
Cameron Swift
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It's still playing in IMAX at Chinook. 5 showings tomorrow: https://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/d...Date=7/28/2017
Yeah, the website still shows it as 5 showings every night next week.
Cameron Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:23 PM   #8514
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

My bad. The website wasn't showing anything past today earlier.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:54 AM   #8515
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I also think its hilarious that a lot of people are upset by waving and at the same time probably complain that Calgary isn't as friendly as it once was or that people don't know their neighbours. I wave at other motorcyclists all the time, and I actually that little bit of camaraderie!
There is a tiny portion of my commute where the road is kinda narrow. I always make sure to wave thanks if the oncoming car slows to make the transition easier. I almost always give a quick wave to pedestrians that are looking at me to confirm that I've seen them and say they're good to go.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:41 AM   #8516
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Baggage handlers strike at Pearson. I hope that's settled in the next 2 weeks. I would like my bag to end up where it's supposed to when I leave.
bigtmac19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:08 AM   #8517
calgarygeologist
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Baggage handlers strike at Pearson. I hope that's settled in the next 2 weeks. I would like my bag to end up where it's supposed to when I leave.
Isn't it just the Swissport guys so it shouldn't impact too many travelers. If you are going Air Canada or Westjet you will be fine.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2017, 05:11 AM   #8518
kunkstyle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
Who are you flying with? Not all airlines are affected.
kunkstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kunkstyle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #8519
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Air Canada

My mistake, apparently I did not listen to the news story properly.

Thanks!
bigtmac19 is online now   Reply With Quote