Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default American Airlines incident (employee challenges passenger to a fight)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/amer...tion-1.4081314

Quote:
The Facebook video posted shows the female passenger visibly upset as she asks an employee to return her stroller.

It does not show anyone getting hit, but it does capture a male passenger a couple of rows away challenging the employee who allegedly took the stroller, while the woman stands sobbing in the aisle.

"Hey bud, you do that to me and I'll knock you flat," the man can be heard saying as he gets out of his seat.

"Why don't you try it? Hit me. Hit me. Come on, bring it on," the airline employee says once the two men are face to face.

The confrontation unfolded on American Airlines Flight 591, as the plane was preparing to take off from San Francisco, bound for the Dallas-Fort Worth airport.
The video is incredible. What a month for airlines.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #2
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Hopefully this will finally prompt an increase in quality. Most airlines really suck.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

The reaction of the American Airlines guy is incredible. He looks like he thinks he's in the UFC.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

That video really doesn't show much except a mother who is crying.

Are strollers allowed on airplanes? I thought they had to be checked through with baggage?
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flying is becoming an enjoyable experience
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #6
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Skip to 1:45
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #7
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Doesn't seem like the employee in the blue should have a job that involves working with the public. His first response was to basically say 'bring it on'. Employee of the month right there.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #8
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Skip to 1:45
Saw that and agree that was not appropriate.

However...what was the original kerfuffle with the mother and stroller all about? I asked before, are strollers allowed in the cabin of an airplane now? It is my understanding they are to be checked with baggage.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #9
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

Why didn't she gate check the stroller?
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #10
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If she was a single adult travelling with twin babies, I can see the gate agent making an exception and allowing her stroller on the plane. I've certainly seen strollers allowed on flights in the past. But I think somebody else working for the airline disagreed with that decision.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #11
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtwofinger View Post
Why didn't she gate check the stroller?
I don't know anything about travelling with a stroller, but she obviously got pretty far past the gate if she was trying to board with it. Piecing together what's possible from that video, the tubby little bald guy took it away from her in a fashion aggressive enough to get up the hackles of everyone who saw it happen.

That little twerp power-tripping on his grunt job doesn't come across too well. Almost (exactly) like he wanted to get smacked in his fat face so he could sue someone.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #12
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

This just reminds me that air travel with kids is stressful as all hell. I hate it.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #13
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It appears the lady tried to take a stroller on the plane and didn't deal well with with the staff not letting her bring it. We don't know the details if she ignored the employees and tried to bring it on to which they took it. That guy in the seat trying to act like a tough guy doesn't exactly help the situation as if you have kids in the plane that's the last thing you want them to witness. No doubt things could have been handled better but sobbing uncontrollably because you can't bring your stroller on the plane? Sometimes I sympathize with employees that have to deal with this stuff every single day and are subject to being recorded and scrutinized when you are only seeing half the story which is usually the part that is done to bring outrage and point fingers.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 04-22-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #14
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Doesn't seem like the employee in the blue should have a job that involves working with the public. His first response was to basically say 'bring it on'. Employee of the month right there.
He shouldn't have any job that involves him asking to get his arse beaten senseless by a guy twice his size!
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #15
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it's cool to hate on airline employees right now, and while I don't dispute that they've been PHENOMENALLY BAD in handling the situations in the two recent incidents we're all talking about... what is up with the passenger ######bag who gets up and starts barking at the bald dude from AA?

First, he stomps up there and barks orders at someone that he wants to know who was personally responsible what's happening, then he starts talking s--t to the guy who was involved. "You do that to me and I'll knock you flat." Phew, we're all so glad you've arrived, Unnecessary Brash Intervention Man!

I fail to see what the point of his intervening -- particularly in the most incompetent way possible -- was supposed to achieve.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #16
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I know it's cool to hate on airline employees right now, and while I don't dispute that they've been PHENOMENALLY BAD in handling the situations in the two recent incidents we're all talking about... what is up with the passenger ######bag who gets up and starts barking at the bald dude from AA?

First, he stomps up there and barks orders at someone that he wants to know who was personally responsible what's happening, then he starts talking s--t to the guy who was involved. "You do that to me and I'll knock you flat." Phew, we're all so glad you've arrived, Unnecessary Brash Intervention Man!

I fail to see what the point of his intervening -- particularly in the most incompetent way possible -- was supposed to achieve.
By the accounts I've read, the AA employee got into some sort of physical altercation with a woman who was toting two babies. One witness said she was actually hit in the head with her stroller as the man wrestled it away from her.

I can see that getting the ol' dander up just a touch. If that is what happened, I can personally see the point in intervening.

As for "barking orders", it seems to have been forgotten in certain industries, but that guy is a paying customer. Asking for an employee's name isn't exactly revolutionary.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Looks like captain America knew there was a camera rolling and saw his chance to go viral. Either that, or he's just a stand up dude intervening with what he saw was a bad situation. Can't really fault him either way - it's definitely the employee that comes off looking like an idiot in this video.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #18
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Good on that guy standing up for that woman. I wish he would have knocked the fat little power hungry midget into next week.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't say how many kids she had or their age but if they were twin babies I was under the impression you needed to have one ticketed adult for each infant so each could properly be cared for. We have twins and this was the reason my wife would not travel alone with them when they were infants. Maybe its airline specific or I just had the wrong impression but this situation illustrates why this would be good policy.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #20
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Huh? He just watched a lady holding a child get hit by a flight attendant just missing the baby, I find it more shocking this gentleman was the only passenger to rip this idiot a new one. I don't think I could hold back seeing that.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote