Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default GAME 6: Riders at STAMPEDERS

Game Time: 8:00pm Thursday, August 4th at McMahon Stadium
Televised: TSN & ESPN2

What a comeback against BC Lions last week with Stampeders winning 44-41 in overtime. The way they were playing you wouldn't think they might be even close let alone win the game in OT.

Stamps is playing a struggling Saskatchewan who got the beating from Montreal Alouettes last week. News out in Saskatchewan is that Darian Durant started practicing today but not sure if he will start against the Stamps. They definitely need him back as none of his replacement QB has been terrible. Stamps is now 3-1-1 early this season.

OFFENSE:
It doesn't look like RG Dan Federkeil will be back on Thursday night. Dickenson does not want to gamble on his health especially this early in the season. OL Randy Richards might dress up as one of the OLine/ST player. QB Bo Levi Mitchell was pretty good last week even though he was under pressure pretty much the whole game. Mitchell attempted 44 passes and completed 29 of them for 364 yards R Greg Wilson was awesome last week showing his speed on that 75 yards touchdown catch. Wilson caught 3 passes for 118 yards and 2 TD. The longest reception was the 75 yards TD. R Bakari Grant led the receivers with 7 reception for 69 yards and 1 TD. It could have been more if he was paying attention to Mitchell's 2 long passes. R Anthony Parker went for 6 for 57 yards while Jerome Messam rushed 6 times for 45 yards and caught the ball 6 times for 44 yards.

DEFENSE:
Run defense was better last but the pass defense was abysmal pretty much the whole game. Jennings was having fun throwing the ball to Burnham, Arceneaux and others because he was having some good protections or lack of pressures from the Dlinemen all night. Defense finally put a good pressure on Jennings late in the game and it paid off. First Ciante Evans (5 tackles and 1 INT) intercepted the ball with 2 minutes left in the game. Then Tommy Campbell won the game in OT by picking an important INT at the end zone. Campbell had 3 tackles and 1 INT in the game/ Wall had 6 tackles and 2 forced fumble while Deron Mayo had 7 tackles and 1 fumble return. Hopefully Campbell and Evans follow their heroic finish last game to the game on Thursday night against the Riders.

SPECIAL TEAM:
K Rene Paredes has been struggling with the field goal convert having missed 6 times already this season. It is different when it comes to Field Goal though. Paredes nailed his last 11 attempts in FG including going 5 for 5 last week. I thought was pretty good all night especially with Roy Finch returning the punt or kickoff. The only negative part for special team I thought was giving up another TD on kickoff return by Chris Rainey for 95 yards.

I am hoping our DLine go after the Riders QB no matter if it is going to be Darian Durant or Mitchell Gale. We also need another solid night from the LB crew. DE Frank Beltre is starting to practice and he is close to getting back to the lineup. DT Quinn Smith is also getting close to coming back.

I think Stamps will beat the Riders easily on Thursday but I hope they don't take the Riders lightly though.

GO STAMPS GO!!!!!!!!!!
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thursday night game. Yuck.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to depth chart, Darian Durant listed to start tommorows game.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #4
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Chris Jones knows how to beat Dickenson, this game should be closer than it looks on paper.

I wasn't able to watch the last game, Messam averaging 7 yards/carry looks good but 6 rushing attempts? That's not gonna work in the playoffs.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

This is gonna be a bloodbath.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got tickets, for probably my only game of the year.

Weather looks good and I don't work friday! Woo!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:14 PM   #7
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Update:
- Bo Levi Mitchell is one of the CFL Player of Week.
- QB Darian Durant is going to be the starting QB for the Riders tomorrow night.
- Both DLine Quinn Smith and Frank Beltre might see actions tomorrow night.
- OLine Ucambre Williams hurt his ankle in practice and been put on one-game injured list. Other players put on one-game injured list are RB Tory Harrison, DB Jeff Hecht, DL Zach Minter and DB Fred Bennett. Federkeil were put on 6-games injured list.
- With Frank Beltre coming back to the lineup Stamps put Demonte Bolden on practice roster. Spencer Wilson will be moved to right tackle while Cam Thorn will play on the left side. WR Kamar Jorden is back in the lineup.

GO STAMPS GO!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #8
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Thursday night game. Yuck.
Thursday night 8pm start game, double farts.

Last weekend concluded a ridiculous 7 week stretch where I had family/in-law obligations every weekend, mostly of the out of town variety. Due to it, I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been to McMahon yet this season. Was all fired up that my weekend obligation-free summer finally starting coincided with the Riders being in town, until I saw the day and start time. C'mon man! *whine whine*
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #9
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm disappointed I won't be at the game tonight. Looks like it should be a good evening and hopefully a good game. Have fun everyone!

/=S=/
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #10
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Thursday night 8pm start game, double farts.

Last weekend concluded a ridiculous 7 week stretch where I had family/in-law obligations every weekend, mostly of the out of town variety. Due to it, I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been to McMahon yet this season. Was all fired up that my weekend obligation-free summer finally starting coincided with the Riders being in town, until I saw the day and start time. C'mon man! *whine whine*
I'm in the same boat. We have season tickets and I've only been able to make it to the preseason game.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #11
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

No comment on the game, but a note that there were tons of people wearing Rider jerseys at the zoo today. Hopefully the stands aren't totally green. Wish I could make it...
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #12
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
No comment on the game, but a note that there were tons of people wearing Rider jerseys at the zoo today. Hopefully the stands aren't totally green. Wish I could make it...
Gorgeous day to visit their relatives.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nixon45 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #13
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

BC/DC before the Stamps game. What a treat!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #14
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great, Finch is hurt on the opening kick off.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #15
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was ugly.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #16
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

The dismal trend of poorly executed screens / hitch screens continues ....
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #17
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Sask was watching tape from the BC game. Both plays they are attacking the secondary.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:24 PM   #18
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
The dismal trend of poorly executed screens / hitch screens continues ....
Must be contagious.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #19
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

BS!!! Rob Bagg was way offside and no call.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 08:26 PM   #20
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Since when can you be in the neutral zone if you're a receiver?